Softliss HELP Please?!?!?

Lebiya

My mother ordered the sofliss BKT treatment….I’m sitting here with the bottle in my hand and besides the shampooing part, I’m not sure of you have to wash out setp 2 …and is step 3 the actual bkt treatment that you flat iron on with??? The website isn’t clear either …I NEED To start this RIGHT NOW : (

Can someone who knows how to use this treatment please help me out!!!

soulfusion

Which one do you have? Is it the chocolate, one-day treatment? If so, step one is wash, then dry. Step two is application of the product, dry, then flatiron. Step three is washing it out.

Where are your instructions? I'm looking at the ones from my Softliss BKT and there are very specific times for some of the steps.

I wouldn't proceed, if I were you, until I fully understand what I'm doing.

donewit-it

If you have the chocolate(which is my beloved:grin:)....

1. Wash hair with step 1.
2. Blow dry to about 80%.
3. Apply step 2. You DO NOT need a whole lote. Less is more.
4. Blow dry while product is in your hair.
5. Flat iron your hair with product in your hair. (Burn that ish up. LOL 450 degrees I believe)

6. Sit for an hour and do whatever you want. Friday night, I left mine in overnight because I was exhausted.

7. Rinse your hair in COLD *** water.
8. Apply Step 3. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
9. Rinse your hair in COLD water again.

Wear your hair as is. Or syle as desired.

Hope that helps.

Lebiya

God bless you ladies!!!

Donewit-it, Very detailed steps!!!

Did you ladies get instructions with your products?

I didn’t get any instructions at all..just the 3 bottles ..even WITHOUT the ingredients on it …

Thanks again :)

Lebiya

ok...another question..can you comb your hair while doing the bkt ...my hair is tangled..also in the bkt suppose to tingle/burn when in contact w/ your scalp and skin?

..Im doing my hair as I type

Taina

I have no comments but i want to see your hair and read your expeirience good luck

MyAngelEyez~C~U

ok...another question..can you comb your hair while doing the bkt ...my hair is tangled..also in the bkt suppose to tingle/burn when in contact w/ your scalp and skin?

..Im doing my hair as I type

it will tingle if you let it touch your scalp. apply it like you would a relaxer.

ETA: Yes, you can comb your hair.

Lebiya

Ok ladies, so Im done and I put waay to much bkt in my hair ...Waaaaaaaaaay to much ( halfed the 16oz bottle : ( ). It took me 6 hours...yes 6!??!!?

My hair feels dry, stiff and coated for good reason. Will this casue damage in the long run? should I wash it out completely?..Im soo tired and worried about what's going happen to my hair. After I'm done the whole process I'm going to do a ORS/Aveda moisturizing deep conditiong mask treatment. Will my hair fall out?

Any advice....That bkt thread is sooooo long : (

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Don't panic! wait the hour and then rinse your hair well. follow-up with your softliss mask or deep conditioner. If the results are what you like, then redo the treatment in a week or two. All is not lost. Just remember next time that your hair doesn't need to be saturated (wet) with product, just damp/coated. your hair will soak up the treatment because your cuticle is open. I think that's where we have issues, because we expect our hair to look wet like the ladies on the videos, but their texture is usually different from ours. Also, the use of a color applicator brush helps with applying the right amount. I find I use too much if I use my fingers.

dany06

Did you buy the kit from soft-liss.com? It should come with 2 copies of the instructions and 2 pairs of disposable gloves. And that is just with the 8oz kit. If you buy from ebay you are being jipped. Its actually cheaper by the ounce to purchase it from it's website. I was looking at Hair-liss.com because they sell the products separately but shipping made it almost as much as purchasing an 8oz kit.

Donewit-it is pretty much correct with the directions; however, step 2,5, and 8 need a bit of revising. For step 2 the directions stated to blow dry the hair superficially. That can be any range from 80% dry to 90% dry. For step 5, 450 degrees is not the designated temperature. I called soft-liss and asked a representative questions. I was told that you can go as low as 360 degrees but will need to do more passes with the flat iron. The higher temperature you go the fewer passes you will need. Still stick to 5 to 7 for a general amount. And lastly for step 8, I trully believe that the directions stated that you are to keep the mask/neutralizer in for 5 minutes.

I dont have the directions on hand right now, but I believe this is what it said. Also, the directions stated that you can reapply the treatment as early as 15 days from the first treatment the resume the monthly treatments.

You know what the little pamphlet/instructions pretty much stated these exact words on this link http://www.soft-liss.us/en_FAQ_BKT_...oducts_miami_california_new_york_city_nyc.htm
The only difference is that the link uses the term Brazilian Blowout/Brazilian Keratin Treatment rather than intellegence brush . There are directions on the soft-liss website also, but they aren't as thorough as those that come with the kit.