TWA to Hip Length in 4 yrs *pics*

LadyPaniolo

:lick::lick::lick: Your hair is stunning........... beautiful growth....... congrats

:yay: Thanks! I'm proud of my accomplishment :D

AWESOME! congratulations!

Thank you! The best is yet to come, too...

YAAAAAY! Congrats on making it to Hip length!

Thanks! And you, Miss Lady, have quite the head of hair your own self!

Congratulations of your accomplishment in 4 years. You are truly an inspiration for me. Your hair growth is just awesome!!!!

:yay: Thanks! It makes me happy to know I can inspire folks!

Gorgeous...:thud:

lol, I think that's a good thing!

Wow, your progress is truly AMAZING! Very inspiring.

Thank you! I don't have a cool video like your updates always do :( but I'm happy anyway.

You are such an inspiration!!!!!!! :yay:. Hip length in 4 years is astounding :bdance:!! You are keeping hope alive! :circle:

I BC'd almost 3 years ago (3 in November) to 0.5 in and I'm almost MBL. Maybe I'll follow in your majestic hair steps and be hip length in another year too :grin:.

Yes! :notworthy You are doing the damm thing! Can't wait for your update!

Big Giant CONGRATS Lady P!!!!

Beautiful hair and great progress!!!! :rosebud:

OMG! LynnieB, you are like my original hair idol! I've been :lovedrool: over your hair since day 1! Thank you!

:congrats: I'm going to try the conditioner trick with my Elucence and JBCO.

It works really well with the Kenra and thick oil... Chicorro even uses Vaseline I think. Let us know how the Elucence and JBCO works!

Nasdaq_Diva

Congrats on your journey so far. Everyone has pretty much said everything I've wanted to say lol. Again, congrats. I'm 5'5 too. I think it should take you 5-6 months to get to TBL! I'm rooting for ya

Question: You said you take the combs out of your wigs? Do you use full or half or lace front? I usually use stocking cap (like knee high material) under my wig, but I feel like that is drying my hair out, especially the back.

LadyPaniolo

Congrats on your journey so far. Everyone has pretty much said everything I've wanted to say lol. Again, congrats. I'm 5'5 too. I think it should take you 5-6 months to get to TBL! I'm rooting for ya

Question: You said you take the combs out of your wigs? Do you use full or half or lace front? I usually use stocking cap (like knee high material) under my wig, but I feel like that is drying my hair out, especially the back.

Thank you! Yes, I take the combs out. When I first started wearing wigs I didn't take them out, and I got headaches AND lost 2-3 hairs every time I removed my wig! :down: So now I use pins and pin them on.

Please, please :pray: Throw that nylon cap in the trash. Do NOT use it. Well, no, I'm wrong. IF you put it on top of a satin or silk scarf/cap, then you can put the nylon thing on top. But don't let it touch your hair. It's gong to snap off your hair, it did mine.

I wear fullcaps, half wigs, some "instant lace front" and one synthetic lacefront that is very Diva-esqu :gorgeous: but I usually don't wear it out of the house because it looks too fake (because it's MBL lol). In winter you won't find me in a half-wig :nono: because I protect my hair to the n-th degree in winter.

Congrats to you! That is some really great progress. I love seeing your updates.

:yay: Thank you! I appreciate each and every one of your congratulations and compliments, it really means a lot to me. And I know that there are some lurkers out there who are not going to post, but hopefully some of them will be inspired anyway, or will learn something from my HHJ that will help them to attain their goal length.

LadyPaniolo

LadyP, your hair is to die for.

:rosebud: Thank you! Just wait till this time next year. I have no plans of stopping. When I joined and said I was going for classic, I meant it. And I think I can make classic by this time next year or by Christmas next year. That's my goal, now watch me reach it :cool2: :bling:

nikki2229

Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful.
A girl can only dream of your progress. I am just hoping for BSL at my 3 yr mark next year.

BostonMaria

Congratulations!!! Woot woot!

So great to see you posting in the hair section again!!! Hope the baby is doing well!

I love, love, love your hair!!! :yep:
Thank you so much for sharing your achievement! This is AWESOME!!! :notworthy
Congrats and I'm looking forward to seeing you reach your next goal! I KNOW that you will! :urock:

grow

I AM SO PROUD OF YOUR LOOOOOONG SUCCESSES!!!

THANK YOU FOR SHOWING US THAT IT CAN BE DONE!!!

YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!!

winona

Your hair is absolutely GAWGEOUS:)

Do you braid it damp or dry? NM I went to your blog and answered my own question:)

Last edited:

MRJ1972

Your hair is just gorgeous! Hip Length in 4 years?? This is great progress!!!

I just started putting Kenra MC on my nape area as a moisturizer but I was not sealing so thanks for the DC tip! :yep:

WyrdWay

Your hair is amazing! I wish I had the will power to go the wig route! It seems to work for most everyone, plus you can still play in "your" hair and look cute, plus access your real hair when ever you need to!

LadyPaniolo

Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful.
A girl can only dream of your progress. I am just hoping for BSL at my 3 yr mark next year.

Thank you! BSL will be fun to reach, enjoy it :yep:

Congratulations!!! Woot woot!

So great to see you posting in the hair section again!!! Hope the baby is doing well!

Thanks! The baby is doing great. She is very smart and adorable too :love4:

Congrats!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Thank you, I intend to keep it up :yep:

Congratulations Lady P!! Your hair is soo lovely-- makes me want to go out and get a wig!

Thanks! Wigs are a great PS when you include the other aspects of a healthy reggie :yep:

Yeah for you! Great job.

:woot: Thanks! I'm happy about it :D

I love, love, love your hair!!! :yep:
Thank you so much for sharing your achievement! This is AWESOME!!! :notworthy
Congrats and I'm looking forward to seeing you reach your next goal! I KNOW that you will! :urock:

Thanks! It's great to hear that you ladies have faith in me :yay: we all know most folks in the "real world" would never believe hip length is possible, much less classic! :/

I AM SO PROUD OF YOUR LOOOOOONG SUCCESSES!!!

THANK YOU FOR SHOWING US THAT IT CAN BE DONE!!!

YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!!

:blush3: Thanks! It feels great to be able to inspire other LHCFers :cup:

Your hair is absolutely GAWGEOUS:)

Do you braid it damp or dry? NM I went to your blog and answered my own question:)

lol, I'm glad you find my blog posts useful. And thanks so much for the compliments!

Your hair is just gorgeous! Hip Length in 4 years?? This is great progress!!!

I just started putting Kenra MC on my nape area as a moisturizer but I was not sealing so thanks for the DC tip! :yep:

Thank you! Yeah, the sealing step is critical. It allows me to leave my hair alone for a while without stressing over it. Sealing w/Vatika oil is the best :imo: I'm about to buy some more today :yep:

Your hair is amazing! I wish I had the will power to go the wig route! It seems to work for most everyone, plus you can still play in "your" hair and look cute, plus access your real hair when ever you need to!

Thank you! Wigs are indeed a wonderful PS. If your hair is cornrowed into a snake pattern there's no willpower needed... unless you like walking around looking like a HAM lol. With it cornrowed like that you pretty much have to put on a wig!

great progress, congratulations :):)

Thank you!

Great job with your hair! Lovely :)

Thanks a lot. You ladies are all very kind and supportive. :circle:

Fine 4s

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW...
I've been at it for 4 and started way past TWA and still ain't even full wl yet!
You ladies are amazing!

kbragg

:drool: Awesome progress on the hair and weightloss mami! Im about to cop your method, been here all this time and still hovering between shoulder and armpit. Hair is a million times healthier, just gotta get this retention on:yep:

I PMed you if you have a sec:look:

LadyPaniolo

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW...
I've been at it for 4 and started way past TWA and still ain't even full wl yet!
You ladies are amazing!

Everyone's hair grows at different rates. Your hair looks awesome and is very long :up: I'm sure you'll reach WL soon.

:drool: Awesome progress on the hair and weightloss mami! Im about to cop your method, been here all this time and still hovering between shoulder and armpit. Hair is a million times healthier, just gotta get this retention on:yep:

I PMed you if you have a sec:look:

Thank you! Sounds like maybe you are wearing your hair down a lot? I have critiqued many a reggie (when a poster PMs me asking for advice) and I'll go out on a limb and say 90% of the time when someone is stuck for ages between SL and APL, it's because they aren't protective styling enough.

I'll look for your PM...

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Your hair looks gorgeous! Congratulations on the milestone. I cannot wait for HL! It's so nice to see inspiration!

Duchesse

My sis just called me talking about a girl on the forum who grew her hair down to her butt by wearing wigs, lol! I said, I know, I saw that yesterday haha. Seriously, you are my main inspiration whenever I get tired about wearing my wigs urrday!

LadyPaniolo

My sis just called me talking about a girl on the forum who grew her hair down to her butt by wearing wigs, lol! I said, I know, I saw that yesterday haha. Seriously, you are my main inspiration whenever I get tired about wearing my wigs urrday!

OMG really! That's awesome. I really love that. Folks around the world are looking at my kitchen cupboards lol

It's not down to my butt yet though. Just to my hip, and barely there at that lol. But give me a year and it will be on my bootay, I guarantee it! :gorgeous:

eta: thank you so much for the compliment, I'm glad I posted since I have inspired lots of you ladies.