To Stimulate Hair Growth Mix Olive Oil and Cayenne Pepper!

L

LaNecia

I was just reading the website for the info on the Cayenne Olive Oil Combo, I see that it says:

"Applying any product that contains capsaicin extracted from cayenne pepper -will first of all stimulate or cause the skin to glow fiery red (due to the irritation of mucous membrane) and subsequently, decreases the intensity of visceral pain in the area of where the product was applied. Home-made cayenne oil could be prepared by infusing 25g of dried ground cayenne pepper in 500ml of vegetable oil such as sunflower, olive oil, etc for about 10 to 14 days. The oil is warmed daily under a very low heat. Other rubefacient herbs such as cloves, mustard, ginger, black pepper could be added if desired."

I sometimes use a product called Capsaicin when I have muscle soreness from training, it's a topical product that gets hot after application (kinda like BenGay or Icy Hot).... Notice I didn't say warm, HOT!! If this cayenne/oil gets anywhere near as hot as the Capsaicin...I would STRONGLY recommend a patch test prior to using it all over your head. The capsaicin BURNS....like you feel your skin is on fire....and it doesn't go away sometimes for like an hour....

My training partner has a very high tolerance for pain and he is almost literally afraid of the stuff! So, with that having been said, be careful ladies!!

I'll wait for some reviews before I try this one :nono:.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I havent read thru all theses posts but cayenne is used with other herbs as a catalyst to increase their effects. Most herb books recommend getting it from a health food store as it is less likely to have been roasted or of the "hot" variety.

carrie

LaNecia said:
I sometimes use a product called Capsaicin when I have muscle soreness from training, it's a topical product that gets hot after application (kinda like BenGay or Icy Hot).... Notice I didn't say warm, HOT!! If this cayenne/oil gets anywhere near as hot as the Capsaicin...I would STRONGLY recommend a patch test prior to using it all over your head. The capsaicin BURNS....like you feel your skin is on fire....and it doesn't go away sometimes for like an hour....

I use something similar for pain as well. Once rubbed my eye with it on my hand...GOOD LORD! :eek: I wanted to die. Be careful ladies.

LaNecia, how's the training? PM me.

L

LaNecia

carrie said:
I use something similar for pain as well. Once rubbed my eye with it on my hand...GOOD LORD! :eek: I wanted to die. Be careful ladies.

LaNecia, how's the training? PM me.

Gave me chills just thinking about it, I put some on my son's arm cause he had a little soreness....I didn't know! I should have used it on myself FIRST! He said it was hot and NOTHING worked to cool the skin....I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND until I used it myself a week later.

I STILL apologize to him. :(

KAddy

Here's a scalp stimulator recipe I posted on the hair recipes board (along with other stuff) that I got out of one of my essential oil/aromatherapy books.

Scalp Stimulator
This stimulates the scalp is extremely effective for men’s hair growth.

1 teaspoon Vodka
3 drops Rosemary
5 drops Lavendar

Mix, then add to 1 tablespoon water

Dip fingertips into the mixture and massage well into the scalp. It smells nice and can be put onto the hair any time that is convenient for you, not necessarily before or after washing the hair.

BLESSED1

Kaddy that sounds like one of the recipes from the "Grow hair fast" book I read at Barnes and Noble, they had a lot of recipes that involved liquor I was thinking the author was a lush or something :lol:

I tried it for a month after first reading that post. It stung the first time I did it but I guess my scalp got used to it and when doing a CW I rinse the stuff out of my hair after like 5 mins. It didn't really do anything for me, I don't know I guess my hair didn't like it :ohwell:

KAddy

That's funny that all the recipes involved liquor. The book I have is just a book that discusses the many uses of essential oils.

U tried the recipe I posted for a month? I am confused because I just posted so I don't know if you are saying you tried this recipe for a month or the cayenne one for a month.

I am thinking it is stimulating the scalp to help increase hair growth. Maybe it words better if not rinsed out. :scratchch

Keen

Here are a few helpful tips I found about cayenne pepper.
SUPER SPICE CURES!
CAYENNE PEPPER - Mother Nature's most powerful healing herb!
SPRINGVILLE, Utah - You can cure or prevent heart disease, high blood pressure, bleeding ulcers and other devastating ailments - with cayenne pepper, a common spice available at any supermarket, a leading expert says.
"Cayenne pepper works like magic, not only healing serious health problems - sometimes in a matter of hours - but preventing them, too," said Master of Herbology David Christopher, speaking from his School of Natural Healing where he teaches students about the miracle-working power of herbal medicine.

"A teaspoon a day, sipped as a tea in a glass of water, in tomato juice or any other way you might enjoy it can improve health dramatically."

Christopher learned firsthand about the curative power of cayenne pepper in 1978 when he developed an agonizing bleeding ulcer.

He went to his father - the late Dr. John Christopher, himself a world-renowned herbalist - and asked him what to do.

"He told me to drink a teaspoon of cayenne in a glass of water and I did," Christopher said. "The pain was awful. But from that moment, the ulcer never troubled me again."

Here are Christopher's suggestions on the use of cayenne pepper to improve health:

• HEART TROUBLE - One teaspoon of cayenne a day for good cardiovascular health.
  • CIRCULATORY PROBLEMS - "Cayenne pepper is great for circulation," said Christopher. "It thins the blood, allowing it to get oxygen to every cell in the body. It helps the blood clot when it's supposed to - for instance in a wound or cut - and prevents it from clotting when it's not - in veins and arteries." Use cayenne liberally.
  • BALDNESS - Vigorously massage a mixture of baby oil and cayenne pepper on balding areas daily to stimulate new and revitalized hair growth. You can expect visible results within days.
  • FLABBY STOMACH - Apply the baby oil-cayenne mixture to waistline and cover with a plastic wrap at bedtime. Incredibly, people have lost up to an inch of flab overnight using this method.
  • MUSCLE PAIN - Mas-sage the baby oil-cayenne mixture into skin over the aching muscle as often as necessary to banish pain. Bunions respond to the same treatment.
  • HEMORRHOIDS - Sprinkle cayenne pepper freely on your food.
  • HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE - One cup of cayenne tea three times a day.
  • BLEEDING - Sprinkle cayenne pepper into the cut. The bleeding should stop immediately.
  • DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS - A teaspoon of cayenne sprinkled daily on food stops indigestion and improves the health and condition of stomach tissue.
  • COLDS, FLU, SORE THROAT - Sip one cup of cayenne tea three times daily to stop or ward them off.
  • HEALTHY SKIN - A single cup of cayenne tea sipped daily improves the tone of your skin and gives it a healthy, youthful glow. It will make you look 10 years younger.
  • LONGEVITY - A cup of cayenne tea a day boosts the body's defenses against disease and improves all the body's systems, which can add years to your life.
  • MEMORY - Three cups of cayenne tea daily can increase your brain power and dramatically sharpen your memory.
  • STOMACH ULCERS - Your improvement may not be as immediate or dramatic as Christopher's. But three cups of spicy cayenne tea a day will banish painful ulcers.

Published on: 08/02/2001
http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/features/science/13807

BLESSED1

KAddy said:
That's funny that all the recipes involved liquor. The book I have is just a book that discusses the many uses of essential oils.

U tried the recipe I posted for a month? I am confused because I just posted so I don't know if you are saying you tried this recipe for a month or the cayenne one for a month.

I am thinking it is stimulating the scalp to help increase hair growth. Maybe it words better if not rinsed out. :scratchch

No hon, I started a new paragraph to say how I tried the cayenne/EVOO mix for a month, I posted in this thread back in like Dec. Sorry for the confusion! Your stuff looks good though I may have to wander into the recipe board and check it out :yep:

PatTodd

LaNecia said:
Gave me chills just thinking about it, I put some on my son's arm cause he had a little soreness....I didn't know! I should have used it on myself FIRST! He said it was hot and NOTHING worked to cool the skin....I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND until I used it myself a week later.

I STILL apologize to him. :(

Milk is known to neutralize the burning effect of capsaicin. If your skin or scalp burns from this try rinsing the area with milk.

cafe au lait

Bumping.
Giving updates is a very good idea. We should make it a rule.
Did anyone see results using this method. I have a bottle of olive oil and some cayenne pepper. I need to know if I should go ahead and mix it up. TIA

candie19

It works!!! It's ironic how this thread was bumped b/c I was going to post a new thread today. I have been doing it for 2 months now. There is major growth. I can kick myself because when I read this post I didn't believe it would work. :wallbash:So I didn't take any pictures. I just mixed one tbls. of cayenne pepper with one cup of EVOO. I would drench my scalp w/ it in the morning, I would wash my hair that night. I could feel the tingling but it didn't bother me. One day I forgot to put in the oil so I deep conditioned w/ it. DEFINITE NO NO!!!:eek: It was worse than a perm being left in too long. I wish I had pictures to prove to you guys that is does work. I also think you need to be consistent w/ it. I do now out of habit. I am 9 weeks post relaxer so I'm not combing through my hair for fear of breakage. When I relax I promise I'll take pictures.

Ashee

candie19 said:
It works!!! It's ironic how this thread was bumped b/c I was going to post a new thread today. I have been doing it for 2 months now. There is major growth. I can kick myself because when I read this post I didn't believe it would work. :wallbash:So I didn't take any pictures. I just mixed one tbls. of cayenne pepper with one cup of EVOO. I would drench my scalp w/ it in the morning, I would wash my hair that night. I could feel the tingling but it didn't bother me. One day I forgot to put in the oil so I deep conditioned w/ it. DEFINITE NO NO!!!:eek: It was worse than a perm being left in too long. I wish I had pictures to prove to you guys that is does work. I also think you need to be consistent w/ it. I do now out of habit. I am 9 weeks post relaxer so I'm not combing through my hair for fear of breakage. When I relax I promise I'll take pictures.

Alrighty then! I'll be on the look out for this report! :look:

Ginsana

I've tried it twice. I've actually given up the glover's mane/sulphur 8 challenge to try this one. I've used the oil pepper mix two nights in a row, but my scalp isn't burning or tingling...why not? I used more than enough cayenne pepper and oil. What is wrong with my scalp??

Iansan

Ginsana said:
I've tried it twice. I've actually given up the glover's mane/sulphur 8 challenge to try this one. I've used the oil pepper mix two nights in a row, but my scalp isn't burning or tingling...why not? I used more than enough cayenne pepper and oil. What is wrong with my scalp??

Same thing happened to me. No tingle. I tried it once, and moved on.

Jewell

I tried this last week. The only area that tingled was the nape area. Believe me, I used a lot of ground cayenne pepper. I threw the rest away.

AllAboutTheHair

Ladies,

Did you try a patch test? If it tingles or burns the inside of your arm or elbow, it should have the same effect on your head. If it doesn't, you may have a clogged scalp (buildup). If this is the case try exfoliating with a soft tooth brush, shampoo, baking soda and a little peppermint oil.

If the patch test doesn't make the arm tingle then maybe it isn't for you. It is pretty hard to get buildup on the arms. LOL :) HHG!

star

Can you use this everyday as part of your moisturizing process. In other words I want to put it in my hair but I do not want to rinse it out. I wash 2x week so I like to put little in each night in place of my other oil. Or is it meant to be washed out. Just trying to figure how to do this. Please help!! :)

senimoni

Wow - This stuff is def working for me....I didn't think it was working at first, but water must trigger it or something b/c I am HEATED....Scalp, Neck, Ears, the whole area.

Shatani

im putting it on right now....i tried the patch test, and my arm didnt tingle....i think my scalp may be starting to tingle though....its funny, i dont quite feel anything on my scalp but when i touch my scalp with my hands, the whole thing is very warm....im gonna load up tonight and wash it out in the morning....i hope this works!

Diane71

There's a product called Hair Rush that containes cayenne pepper and other goodies. I'm not sure if this was posted earlier but you can get it from here:
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com.

It comes in a small 2oz. bottle for about 14.95. Wow, expensive right.

Last edited: