Adding conditioner to relaxer

kitkat3ny

For those who add conditioner to their relaxer, what kind of conditioner are you using? I currently texlax w/ SE mild.

morehairplease

I never added conditioner directly to my relaxer but I did apply it to my hair prior to the relaxer application. I remember a member posting about adding something to relaxer but I can not remember if it was an oil or a conditioner.

Brownie518

I have never heard of adding conditioner to relaxers, either. I know people add oils, protein, and/or silk amino acids to their relaxers. There are a lot of threads on here with a lot of information. I add oil to my relaxer and it works out great. My hair is silkier, less dry after, and I get no burns.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
To texturize I mix proclaim cholesterol conditioner with SE Mild (half and half). Sometimes I use Joico K-Pak conditioner instead of the cholesterol. Both work well.

Last edited:

gn1g

Cool! I was searching the internet earlier this week and saw where someone mentioned doing this. May I ask what the remainder of your relaxer routine is?

tia,
tishee

I follow the direction. wash it out with neut. poo. condition with the conditioner in the box.