Maxiglide on 4b natural (pics)

missnappylady

Thankstkj25!! I followed your maxiglide directions and here are my results. It didn't turn out as well as tkj25's maybe because, I used a lower setting? Anyway, here are my pics, the 3rd one is how I'm going to wear it today. (If they're too small, you can click on them to enlarge them):

<=In Motion (I've always wanted to do one of these):grin:

ladystar3

Beautiful! Great job. It looks so shiny and healthy. I just got my maxiglide in the mail two days ago, and you make me very eager to try mine out! :drunk:

Blaque*Angel

beautiful :love:

i want to get a maxiglide but scared i wont know how to use it and dont want to damage my hair, please share what you did.

thanks

missnappylady

Thank you ladies! I've had my maxiglide for about 2 years and only used it maybe 4x. I followed tkj25's post and it worked.

ladystar3, please post pictures when you try yours.

Sunshine0801, I used #6 setting and used redken heatglide and Aveda anti-humectant pomade just before the maxiglide.

nappywomyn, I think mine was around $180 and it came with a miniglide, shampoo, hairbrush, beyond straight, the end (serum) and rollers . Here's their website:http://www.maxiusbeauty.com/

Blaque*Angel, honestly, I'm worried too. I'll let you know if my hair goes back normal after I wash it.

TrustMeLove

I am doing my hair right now too. LOL. I just finished blow drying w/ the Ion blow dryer from Sallys. It was originally $79 but, it was on sale for $59.

This one. Ion Conditioning Ionic-Ceramic Tourmaline Dryerhttp://www.sallybeauty.com/Ion+Conditioning+Ionic-Ceramic+Tourmaline+Dryer/SBS-301112,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair09-03

It took a while, because I had alot of detangling to do. Detangling wet and detangling again one the blow dryer go to it. Because more tangles became apparent once I started to blow dry.

Now, I am breaking. I am about to watch the Maxiglide video for tips and than use it.

One question. Does your hair feel heavy? Oily? Weighed down? I wanted a light feeling.

TrustMeLove

I'm doing the flat ironing right now. It is sooo puffy. Soft, but puffy. I guess it might be on 5. I started at 2. But, nothing was happening.

Did you experience this puffy-ness?

LadyKaypnyc

You go girl! Your hair looks great!:grin:

Thankstkj25!! I followed your maxiglide directions and here are my results. It didn't turn out as well as tkj25's maybe because, I used a lower setting? Anyway, here are my pics, the 3rd one is how I'm going to wear it today. (If they're too small, you can click on them to enlarge them):

<=In Motion (I've always wanted to do one of these):grin:

tkj25

shake that hurrr -- love the pics missnappylady! :grin::grin: your hair turned out great! & thanks, glad i could help.

missnappylady

Thanks everyone!!

I'm really happy with the results. I just did my first bantu knots, I'll see how it turns out tomorrow.

Last edited:

missnappylady

I am doing my hair right now too. LOL. I just finished blow drying w/ the Ion blow dryer from Sallys. It was originally $79 but, it was on sale for $59.

This one. Ion Conditioning Ionic-Ceramic Tourmaline Dryerhttp://www.sallybeauty.com/Ion+Conditioning+Ionic-Ceramic+Tourmaline+Dryer/SBS-301112,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair09-03

It took a while, because I had alot of detangling to do. Detangling wet and detangling again one the blow dryer go to it. Because more tangles became apparent once I started to blow dry.

Now, I am breaking. I am about to watch the Maxiglide video for tips and than use it.

One question. Does your hair feel heavy? Oily? Weighed down? I wanted a light feeling.

It actually feels really light, not at all greasy. I made sure I was easy on the products. I have a tendency to overdo it.