Hot Oil Treatments for 4a/4b Naturals

Blacktresses

How do you apply hot oil treatments ? With an applicator bottle/tip ? Do you pour it in your hands and apply it to your hair ?

What hot oil do you use ? Coconut ? Olive oil ? Sweet Almond oil ? A mixture of things ? Do you mix with Essential Oils ?

Everyone seems to be getting really good results with hot oil treatments...I am looking for some kind of consistant results. I used Olive oils mixed with tea tree. Sometimes my hair is butta soft, sometimes my hair is soft along the hair shaft and not the ends. Does anyone else get results like these ?

pookeylou

I have heated up olive oil, shea oil and rosemary oil in a glass measureing cup with a lip.

Tested the oil on the inside of my wrist to make sure it is not too hot. The scalp is even more sensitive than that, so if it is warm to the wrist it will be hot to the scalp.

By using a measuring cup with a lip, I can pour it easily with one hand and smooth it in with the other over the bathroom sink. I quickly put on a plastic cap and then wrap my hair with a towel that has been spritzed with water and heated in the microwave until hot.

As soon as the towel is hot...I wrap it around my head and leave it there for thirty minutes.

Then I condition wash as usual.

cherish

I apply the tmt with my fingertips from roots to tips, and section by section.

I usually use a 50/50 combo of EVOO and shea butter. I also do other combinations that involve cocoa butter/castor/grapeseed oil. Sometimes, I add a couple of drops of lavendar EO. If I decide to use something without a butter, then it tends to be a water-based product, like the V05 hot oil tmt (strengthening formula).

Afterwards I put on a plastic cap, and a scarf, and go to bed - bedtime works best for me because if I do it early in the day with the intention of washing my hair an hour or so later, I somehow end up taking a really long nap.

HTH