*Louana Coconut Oil?*

Sweet_Ambrosia

I saw this at WalMart the other day, but all it says on the can is 100% coconut oil not Virgin Oil or anything. So I have a few questions:

Is this type of oil Ok to use on hair?? Has anyone tried this oil? If so what are your results whether positive or negative.

TIA~

This stuff is fine for hair and body use (and cooking). I use it everyday for my body and hair lotion with a little EO to change up the scent (or perfumed oil). Its the best price going. If you must have the expensive stuff you can try Tropical Traditions. com they have the super real deal virgin coconut oil but it is way costly.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
I use this for my hot oil treatments, for moisturizing my hair with the added peppermint Essential Oil, and to mix it with my conditioners for more moisture. Plus, I take my melted coconut oil and poured it in my lye relaxer to ease the discomfort when applying to my new growth. It's a lot cheaper than going to the health food store and paying so much. I'm going to stock up when I get the chance.

BC

aminata

I use for hot oil treatments. I haven't had any problems. I like it and find it very economical.

WendellaWoody

I usually purchase EVCO from GNC, but I picked this one up in Wal-Wart a few weeks ago and finally used it today. I Googled it to see if I could find some review on it, then came up on this old thread. But, there weren't a lot of replies, so I was just curious if anyone else was still using it and their experience with it.

I'm still under the steamer with it in, so I don't have a review/comment/opinion of it yet....

But, thanks so much for your reply. I'm glad to know you've a positive experience with it. Hopefully I will too!

baladi0822

I've used this and I really really like it; it's really smooth and feels great on my hair. The only thing I don't like about it and why I didn't repurchase is that it doesn't have a scent to it; it doesn't smell like coconut oil, which is one of the things I love about coconut oil. So I prefer to get the extra virgin kind for that reason.

SEMO

I tried the Lou Ann coconut oil first and it worked fine for my hair. However, I read so many glowing reviews about extra virgin coconut oil that I decided to pick some up from GNC. Comparing the two, I would say I liked the EVCO from GNC better. The GNC brand seemed to sink into my hair better. However, the Lou Ann is not a bad choice.

DrC

I saw the LouAnn coconut Oil in the big tub at Wal-Mart. I was thinking the LouAnn was probably mixed with other fillers and wasn't pure CO, so my UE unicorn arse went for the EVCO. :rofl: Now I'm seeing these testimonies here and I'm going to Wal-Mart to get a tub.
And their tubs are HUGE too.

Leslie_C

It's actually cheaper for me to purchase virgin coconut oil. Try the Louana though!

Angelicus, where do you get your EVCO and how much is it? I usually order from vitacost...think Im gonna invest in the huge 64oz container next.

I saw the LouAnn coconut Oil in the big tub at Wal-Mart. I was thinking the LouAnn was probably mixed with other fillers and wasn't pure CO, so my UE unicorn arse went for the EVCO. :rofl: Now I'm seeing these testimonies here and I'm going to Wal-Mart to get a tub.
And their tubs are HUGE too.

DrC do you remember how much the tub at walmart was? I use and love EVCO, but Im curious now and Im almost out so may try it if it is significantly cheaper.

WendellaWoody

Thanks for all the input and feedback, ladies! I've used Lou Ana three times since my original post (steaming with some in my hair now), and I'm VERY pleased with it! Makes my hair soft and feels very conditioned. I do miss having that yummy coconut smell that I'd grown to love with the EVCO, but the Lou Ana is great!

Angelicus

Angelicus, where do you get your EVCO and how much is it? I usually order from vitacost...think Im gonna invest in the huge 64oz container next.

DrC do you remember how much the tub at walmart was? I use and love EVCO, but Im curious now and Im almost out so may try it if it is significantly cheaper.
LeslieC, I buy my oil from the international stores (asian grocery).

Toy

This my favorite coconut oil.. Makes my hair feel really soft and moisturized.

LilMissRed

How ironic! I JUST purchased a tub of this yesterday. Im hopeful. I tried Spectrum brand organic coconut oil when I first started my natural journey and didnt like it because it made my hair feel hard :nono: so for whatever reason I decided to purchase this in hopes of a better result. If all else fails.. I can use on DD's hair

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
One of Nikos Cousins sent me 2 Big Jars of this a while back! Love it.

I still have like 1/2 a Jar. Now, I'll hafta' Steam with it, since someone upthread mentioned they Steam with it.:lick:

Americka Thanks Again Lady!:blowkiss:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Americka That was a God-Send. I always think of you when I use it.:yep:

It's my go-to for my previously relaxed hair right before a T/U. Now, I'll be trying it with Steam.:lick: