Do human hair wigs/half wigs/instant weaves last longer than synthetic?

BotanyGrl

I have no clue about lasting longer, but I'm going to let you know about the quality in a couple of hours. I just ordered two wigs online and they should be here tonight via UPS. One is synthetic and the other is a human hair wig.

gone_fishing

I have no clue about lasting longer, but I'm going to let you know about the quality in a couple of hours. I just ordered two wigs online and they should be here tonight via UPS. One is synthetic and the other is a human hair wig.

oh thank you!

can't wait for the update

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Well I've worn both. I LOVE LOVE LOVE synthetic because they look just as nice as human and you don't have to curl them or pay outrageous prices for them. With all fake (syn or human) hair, you get wear and tear. Some people wash their wigs and such... my wigs (usually 1/2 wigs or falls) cost about 20-25 a pop, so it's not much to just throw it away and get a new one. Truth be told, if you wash it, it won't look the same anymore- that goes for human and synthetic hair:yep: HTH

barbiesocialite

from my experience, synthetic wigs/falls have nicer styles and curl patterns than natural wigs. However, when it comes to longevity, human wigs are much better because they tend to get less matted, frizzy and tangled. Human wigs are also a bit more versatile because you can wash and style them with heat just like natural hair.

RegaLady

I have done both before. I usually do curly or wavy synthetic wigs or half wigs, because the curls last longer. In straight hair, in half wigs and tracks, I do Human Hair. Human hair lasts longer than synthetic, but it costs more!

BotanyGrl

Sorry for the long wait Adequate. I had a meeting to attend in the evening and just got around to taking the pics. Seriously, I like both of the wigs :yep: The human hair definitely looks more natural, but my synthetic wig is no joke! It's late so I didn't play around with them too much. I did throw a headband on one of those bad boys though and I can tell I'll be adding other accessories like scarves too. I officially love wigs now and I'm trying to stop myself from buying a few more :wallbash:

The pictures are below and I posted more in my fotki(in profile). I did not add a password, because I know that is a pet peeve for some :lachen::lachen::lachen: But be warned my other albums are double-protected, so I don't want to hear no comments about it :look: The folder is listed under WIGS. I'm going to keep it open for now.

ETA: I have no clue what's up with the picture size decreasing...

MiamiHottie

And do they really look that much more real?

I'm doing the wig challenge so I appreciate your help. :look:

Yes! I bought 2 human hair half wigs in 2006 and they are still good. I use them in between hairstyles. Synthetic ones are good for 1 to 2 weeks.