Can you defunk sulfur8 ?

Wandabee

I like what it does for my hair but I HATE the smell. Any ideas on what to put in it to defuse that horrible smell?

DivaRox

Maybe whip it with coconut oil or a few drops of orange essential oil(or one that you like). Otherwise, no it's just funkdafied and ain't no getting around it:nono:

Isis

It isn't easy to hide sulfur odors. All sulfur has a strong smell (except for MSM) and cause strong-smelling gas--eggs, cabbage, garlic, onions, etc. But it's good for your hair! :yep:

SelfStyled

I love the smell of Sulfur 8:yep:- but if you don't maybe mix a few drops of peppermint oil to mask the smell. Hth.

TinyT

I may be just thinking this, but the Sulfur 8 Medicated Light Formula seems to have a much milder smell in my opinion. Also, I usually apply the Sulfur 8 to my hair after it has been washed and it damp. Once my hair dries the smell seems to fade. I like the Light version versus the original version.

gymfreak336

^^ Yeah the sulfur light doesn't smell as strong.

I acutally like the smell too, I just got finished rubbing it into my scalp so I feel all tingly right now :yay: I also have the sulfur 8 braid spray which you just spray on your scalp. I don't have braids so I just part my hair and spray. It barely has any smell IMO