Fake hair buns for black women

R

Reslnt1

I have been bunning my hair as my protective style but i can't seem to find buns that are the same texture as my own 4a/4b hair. it looks great with a fresh relaxer but once it starts to grow in, one can really tell the difference. Any suggestions?????

Radianthealth

I have a ballet bun tutorial in my album link. I used kinky twisting hair to wrap around the bun filler to give it a texture closer to my 4B hair. I also found some kinky weave hair that I wrapped around a bun filler. Both look very realistic:)

R

Reslnt1

okay i'm gonna have to take a look at that

trimbride said:
I have a ballet bun tutorial in my album link. I used kinky twisting hair to wrap around the bun filler to give it a texture closer to my 4B hair. I also found some kinky weave hair that I wrapped around a bun filler. Both look very realistic:)

crlsweetie912

I have a picture of a phony pony in my fotki that I always pull out when I am at the end of a stretch. Also, they have so many different curly ones that look great! Also the afro puff ones are cute too!

NessaNessa

Try creating a sock bun. I cant seem to find a link to the tutorial, but you use socks to create the donut look and wrap your hair around it. It works like a charm!!!

R

Reslnt1

NessaNessa....thanks I am going to see if i can find some tutorials

crls......your buns look cute

Mook's hair

trimbride said:

Trimbride's TUT is really good.

glamazon386

You can buy a pack of the Kanekalon braiding hair from the BSS and make one yourself. I just take the whole pack and make one giant braid out of it. I secure each end with a black hair rubberband and then pin the braid around my hair. Instant bun. And it's cheaper than paying 9.99 for a bun. You can get a pack of hair for a $1 and some change. I've been doing that since like 8th or 9th grade when I needed my hair done real quick.

LaNecia

bmoreflyygirl said:
You can buy a pack of the Kanekalon braiding hair from the BSS and make one yourself. I just take the whole pack and make one giant braid out of it. I secure each end with a black hair rubberband and then pin the braid around my hair. Instant bun.

ITA with this! Done it and it works great.

malibu4590

bmoreflyygirl said:
You can buy a pack of the Kanekalon braiding hair from the BSS and make one yourself. I just take the whole pack and make one giant braid out of it. I secure each end with a black hair rubberband and then pin the braid around my hair. Instant bun. And it's cheaper than paying 9.99 for a bun. You can get a pack of hair for a $1 and some change. I've been doing that since like 8th or 9th grade when I needed my hair done real quick.

^^^ Ditto. I do that exact same thing. An inexpensive and efficient method for a great looking bun!

malibu4590

bmoreflyygirl said:

^^^ Ditto. I do that exact same thing. An inexpensive and efficient method for a great looking bun!