Smirnoff Vodka in shampoo to stimulate growth?

rwanda

Hello Ladies, I just bought a book called Clean It! Fix It! Eat It! This book has ways to solve everyday problems with brand name products you have around the house. I read a part in the book that states "add one jigger of Smirnoff Vodka to your 12 ou. bottle of shampoo to keep scalp clean, remove all pollutants from hair, & stimulate your hair (I guess they meant scalp) to grow faster & healthier." Have you ladies ever heard of this?:confused:

Shaniquah

Yes, I've heard of this - I found a recipe on this board that is a spritz of vodka, rosemary oil, water and peppermint oil (I believe) It is definitely stimulating, but I haven't used it long enough to say there was a significance in growth...

natasha

rwanda said:
Hello Ladies, I just bought a book called Clean It! Fix It! Eat It! This book has ways to solve everyday problems with brand name products you have around the house. I read a part in the book that states "add one jigger of Smirnoff Vodka to your 12 ou. bottle of shampoo to keep scalp clean, remove all pollutants from hair, & stimulate your hair (I guess they meant scalp) to grow faster & healthier." Have you ladies ever heard of this?:confused:

Won't the vodka cause dryness (with the alcohol) ? :scratchch

Shaniquah

That was something I wondered as well, but my scalp is always so oily anyway and the times I've used the spritz it really didn't cause any dryness.

KiniKakes

Interesting..... never heard this. Although i do recall reading once on the board that someone had achieved faster growth by beer co-washes! :lol: (Sorry, that just sounds funny to me!) But that's pretty cool huh? I'd be too afraid that my hair would reek of vodka/beer for too long afterward......

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I recall a couple of years ago seeing a cayenne/votka mix floating around the net. Google vodka cayenne hair growth.

zzirvingj

KiniKakes said:
Interesting..... never heard this. Although i do recall reading once on the board that someone had achieved faster growth by beer co-washes! :lol: (Sorry, that just sounds funny to me!) But that's pretty cool huh? I'd be too afraid that my hair would reek of vodka/beer for too long afterward......

I read the same thing but don't I'll be jumping on that bandwagon...

Mizani_Mrs

I've heard of alcohol and beer rinses also. I do not have any knowledge per se, but just thinking about this...here is my 'educated guess'. By adding vodka to the rosemary, peppermint mix...I would think that alcohol would act as a 'carrier' for the conditioning properties of the rosemary/peppermint. The same way as you add alcohol to a perfume so that it can carry the smell. So i can understand that, but i do think that alcohol would be drying to the hair. So you may get the benefits of the rosemary/peppermint, but you will also get dry hair. Perhaps cayenne pepper would be a better carrier. But who knows...maybe alcohol isn't as bad as it seems....

Ebonygurl00

Yeah, I've heard about the beer rinse, but not the vodka rinse! Well, I'm a minor, so I don't think it would be wise for me to walk around with alcohol-smelling hair. :lol:

rwanda

Sorry for checking in late ladies to response's, but for curiousity I added a little to my cream of nature shampoo and I said I would use it for whenever I shampoo, just as a experiment to see if I notice any changes. My hair still came out soft and smooth from the con, and I didn't notice any smell from the vodka. If I notice some dryness I will definitely discontinue using it.

Chinagem

Doesn't or didn't CD use vodka in her rinses? Seems like I remember reading that on her website when she used to list her ingredients.