Godrej Nupur Henna Powder or Godrej Nupur Henna Mehandi 9 Herbs Blend ???

Which Nupur product is better?

• Godrej Nupur 100% Henna Powder

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Godrej Nupur Henna Mehandi 9 Herbs Blend

Votes: 46 88.5%
  • Both products give equal results

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Baje

Thanks so much for your reply. I am just torn between the two. I think I may just end up ordering both.

tri3nity

I voted for the blend because I have never used the other. Yesterday was actually my first time using it and my hair was very strong afterwards. My hair is already a dirty red so I didn't see much difference in the color, but my hair feels stronger and it's really shiny. I plan to henna every other week for a couple of months, then once a month.

Day Dreamer

I ordered the nine blend but I have not tried it yet. I ordered based the reviews i found. So excited to try it.

UPDATE: I have used it a few times so far and I love it. My grays are copper and my hair has a nice red halo to it. It not a deep red. Its subtle and I like it. I fell that my hair is stronger and that is exactly what I wanted. The color is an added benefit.

Last edited:

Baje

Thanks so much guys. I will update this thread with reviews of both when I receive and try them.:grin:

Are you all tired of the henna questions? I apologize in advance. I am new to henna and I just purchased Godrej Nupur Henna Mehandi 9 Herbs Blend and I plan to use indigo after I henna. Is this henna okay for relaxed heads? Thank you!

Also please review my henna recipe (sorry no measurements yet):
Godrej Nupur Henna Mehandi 9 Herbs Blend
Olive Oil
Amla Oil
Coconut Milk
ACV
Either full fat yougurt or conditioner

CA*Nappy

Recipe sounds good. I need to incorporate Coconut Milk too. I include both yogurt and codnitioner. I have henna on now.

StarFish106

Glad everyone posted seems to like the 9 Herbs blend. I just got some to replace my Karishna and I will be using it this weekend. I can't wait!

BlueNile

I have used this blend twice now, and I'm sold. I love it. Leaves my hair strong and so so shiny! I mixed in a little lemon juice, honey, olive oil and water. My grays are a beautiful deep copper color. I alternate this and straight henna.

Mz.MoMo5235

I'm in India right now and all the Indian women here use and recommend Godrej Nupur Henna Mehandi 9 Herbs Blend

reeko43

After trying the store and expensive hennas on line, the 9 herb blend is the only henna I use. Most of the time I just mix with distilled water. I will add orange juice or avj if I have it on hand. No grit, easy to use and only $2.49 at my local Indian grocery. I get two applications out of one pack.

Bajanmum

It's funny you bumped this thread. I was looking at a bag of it on ebay just yesterday. I might buy it for the 1st time, after reading these reviews.

juliehp

Just bought Godrej Nupur Mehendi with 9 herbs. Going to do a straight henna or henna gloss this week. So excited!!!!!

VictoriousBrownFlower

The 9 herb is really good. It washes out nicely, leaves a nice tint on my hair, makes it soft but strong. Its a really good thickener too. My hair did a big turn around when I was using this. I stopped because I got lazy. Its sort of messy. But its the best henna I've tried. And I tried a few. I mixed mine with vatika oil, conditioner, water, and sometimes unrefined avocado oil. I love this stuff.

reeko43

I have natural hair which is approx. 35% gray. I have tried the more expensive hennas and found that the 9 herb works just as well. I have been using for two years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
THis is the only one that I've tried and I love it! The colour is excellent and my hair feels strong and moisturized. It rinses easily too:yep:

Smiley79

I loveeee the 9 herbs one. I'm applying it this weekend. My hair feels so different after using it once. So much fuller and stronger. I am going to use it ever other week for a few months and then monthly thereafter.

Tybi

Smiley79 I mixed my last batch with bamboo tea and threw in a couple tablespoons of African Pride Olive Oil growth oil. I usually just use warm water but this batch was sooo much better. I was able to rinse it out right in the kitchen sink and my hair was unbelievably smooth and soft

Goombay_Summer

Smiley79 This afternoon I mixed my GNHM-9 with fresh organic Hibiscus tea that I made myself in the hopes of getting a more burgundy colour, EVCO, and EVOO.

Last edited: