The best Braid spray!

melodee

I am totally in love with the Dark and Lovely Citrus Braid and Sheen spray (thanks Ms. Kenesha!). It has more oil in it than some of the others which my hair loves, but isn't so heavy that it cakes up my scalp. And the scent is very natural. In your opinion, what is the best braid moisture spray product out there?

AfroChick

i have to agree with the dark and lovely sprays...the citrus and the almond oil sprays are good

i have micros now (and 4a/b natural hair) and i am dealing with SERIOUS frizzies and i feel like my scalp is snowing (dandruff)...and they haven't been in for a good month....i am gonna have to break down and wash my micros even tho i KNOW that will only make my frizzies worse

what to do...what to do

DDHair

Okay guys I have a little over one-quarter of a head of my micro braids out now, goodness I hate this last stretch, I am ready to get these bad boys out and comb and wash my hair. I have had these braids since October 21 and I have had a little over an inch all over from using Surge and Gueye Antiseptic Braid Spray (Renuherbs.com). So I must say that those 2 sprays are my favorite, and they promote growth and help to detangle. I do have the Dark and Lovely spray and it is cool, I tried to include it in my regimen, once I found it under my sink, but I had already fallen in love with the other 2 sprays.

AfroChick, I had this same exact problem of frizz and the hangtime from the growth I was getting, were making my braids look like ancient history, so that is why they are coming down in 8 weeks as opposed to the 3 months I usually keep them. My best friend who is natural told me to apply some type of non-alcoholic gel and then put on a scarf. So I did that for a while with my Gueye Gel which promotes growth too and I would put on my satin scarf. We can't just lie around with our hair untied with these braids either, so even if you just want to lay down tie a scarf on, that is why my frizzies got worse, I was not up to par on my scarf.

melodee

I've never tried Better Braids. LABETT, how well does it work? DDhair, I also use Surge, but I did not classify it as a braid moisture spray. Never heard of the Gueye Antiseptic? How is it? Is it moisturizing? Does it control itchies? Sounds interesting.

For itchies, I currently add a few drops of Tea tree oil to some botanical oil and spray on my scalp.

Height

I use my homemade rosemary spritz several times a day and I using African Pride braid sheen spray regular formula-it was clearanced priced at Sally's.

AfroChick

DDHair, yes it does help to tie them down, i have been doing that, but i try to avoid the gel and stuff like that

i washed them earlier, and so far they are ok, but i have a couple around the edges that look like they are hanging by like two strands of hair...so i am at that point where i have started taking out braids (around the edges) that seem problematic