tex-laxers... what is your texlax recipe

my cousin is a THICK 3c and wants to transition out of her bone straight into texlaxing... what is your tex lax recipe/ i know some ppl mix condish with their relaxer and leave it for 5 mins...

Jewell

I just apply my relaxer and leave it on for the minimal time like 13-15 mins total to get it texlaxed. I use a mild relaxer. Haven't tried mixing anything in, but next time I would like to try adding shea butter or amla oil to see if it makes a difference. Hopefully others will chime in with replies...

prospurr4

I apply the relaxer, without adding anything to it. I leave it on for up to 12 minutes (including application and smoothing) and then rinse.

Kellum

I apply the relaxer, smooth, and leave it on for a total of 15 mins. I don't add anything to it. I use Affirm Firberguard Sensitive Scalp No Lye.

Angelicus

Add 4 capfuls of extra virgin olive oil to one 15 ounce jar of relaxer. Apply, do not smooth.

I do like a straighter look now, so I apply and smooth for a total of 19 minutes.

kandake

I've never mixed anything.

My best results were with a mild relaxer. I use Elasta QP Mild. It doesn't matter if I smooth it or the length of time I leave it on because my hair won't get straight anyway. Not that I leave it on for a long time. Just saying that it gives the perfect texlax results without the concern of whether or not it will be bone straight because I left it on for 5 min. longer.

When I use regular relaxer I don't smooth and I have to make sure not to leave it on for more than 10 min.

miami74

I apply and smooth my relaxer for a total of 15 min. then rinse. I use Mizani Butter Blend Regular. My hair turns out manageable and not bone straight.