What product to use with a bantu knot out

ZLUVSNEWZEE

I am recently relaxed but the bantu knot out is still an everyday style for me. I've been using ORS molding pudding but my hair gets hard and breaks off with this stuff. What product can I use that wont make my hair hard but still keep a little hold at least. I love having soft fluffy curls but I don't want them to fall at the end of the day. My main concern is health and growth right now and losing hair like I did yesterday from that stuff is not an option. Also I should mention that I prefer doing the knot out on dry hair because I like fuller look.

c0urtkneee

When I was relaxed I just used coconut oil & a leave-in, such as Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter or the ORS hair lotion.

ZLUVSNEWZEE

When I was relaxed I just used coconut oil & a leave-in, such as Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter or the ORS hair lotion.

you never used any pudding or custard? Is it necessary to use something that has hold in it? What about hair wax? I used that today and my hair is soft.

c0urtkneee

you never used any pudding or custard? Is it necessary to use something that has hold in it? What about hair wax? I used that today and my hair is soft.
Nope. When I was relaxed/transitioning I never used any gel, wax, pudding/custard; none of those. My hair normally held up pretty well.

ETA: I also think it depends on your hair type/texture.

NYDee

Are you doing the bantu knot to extend the life of your rollerset/flat iron style? If yes, don't use water based moisturizer, it will dull the sleek look of your hair. I would use a serum or Moroccan oil instead, it will make it look more defined. I opened a thread with one that I did here http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=560145, I didn't use anything in that pic. The next day I used Moroccan oil and it looked even better.

hothair

I'm relaxed and don't use anything specifically for hold. Giovanni leave in sealed with EVOO does it for me.

kupenda

I do my knots on damp hair. As they dry, they hold the shape. I put coconut oil on my fingers when taking them down

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF