CharyJay discusses her texture before & after Nano

finickyone

So that's it!

I knew something was different about her hair. I watched a video the other day & noticed that her hair seemed different. I meant to do a search of her other videos to see if she had applied something. Either way she has beautiful hair. She is great at styling her super thick mane.

gorgeoushair

I never noticed a difference or people talking about a change in her texture. I've been in awe of her hair for a while now. I love her styles. She says this is her last time addressing this and she will not answer any questions about the huetiful treatment. Guess I better read the comments to see what the fuss is all about...

gorgeoushair

I feel like she shouldn't be tired of people questions b/c when you make hair videos, questions will come. Why not want to answer questions about Huetiful when your on the box of the steamer? I still love you Charyjay.

When I watched the video last night, it seemed as if the Huetiful treatment loosened or defined her curl pattern in a way a texturizer would have. I want a Huetiful treatment but I ain't going to Atlanta just to get one. Also she kept saying she classified her hair as 4a/4b in the beginning but I really didn't see any 4a but the whole hair typing thing confuses me.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I have been subscribed to her channel forever. I'm always in awe of her styles. :yep:

I did notice a change from the first nano smoothing treatment and just figured that if it did that to her hair, it would probably kill mine. (I have fine hair.) And that was that. No need to stop the presses. I didn't feel the need to drill her about the treatment and her texture, possible damage, etc. I believe that she has no problems with answering legitimate questions buuuut.... I think some people are just being a bit extra for no good reason.

lammy99

ah thought in the video she said she'd address questions in part 2? Her texture has definitely changed, but I think it looks nice..the only thing is she'll have to keep topping up the roots with the treatment if
she wants to keep all her texture the same. i'm hoping she doesn't get the treatment smoothed over all her hair again, that would make it really straight won't it?

MsEveMarie

ah thought in the video she said she'd address questions in part 2? Her texture has definitely changed, but I think it looks nice..the only thing is she'll have to keep topping up the roots with the treatment if
she wants to keep all her texture the same. i'm hoping she doesn't get the treatment smoothed over all her hair again, that would make it really straight won't it?

I think she said it wears off after a few months and her texture is supposed to return. So I guess she'll do it at that point. Her hair looked beautiful straightened, I'm thinking about doing this.

MsEveMarie

I feel like she shouldn't be tired of people questions b/c when you make hair videos, questions will come. Why not want to answer questions about Huetiful when your on the box of the steamer? I still love you Charyjay.

When I watched the video last night, it seemed as if the Huetiful treatment loosened or defined her curl pattern in a way a texturizer would have. I want a Huetiful treatment but I ain't going to Atlanta just to get one. Also she kept saying she classified her hair as 4a/4b in the beginning but I really didn't see any 4a but the whole hair typing thing confuses me.

Yes. I was like girl please...your hair looks just like mine and that's 4b/c ...with in my case some random 3c/4a at the very back/nape

westNDNbeauty

I think the point of the video is to show that the "wear off" of treatment the that is supposed to happen after 3 months is not accurate and the toted "temporary" effect actually appear to be PERMANENT. That is why I think her IG post said questions about the treatment should be directed at Huetiful.

CharyJay mentioned in her recent Curls Curls Curls video that she is going to cut her hair this summer. I wonder if the seeming damage/texture change has anything to do with that.

I'm really interested in Huetiful's response to why her hair has not reverted.

*Frisky*

So basically she put a texturizer on her hair that isn't being classified as a texturizer hahaha

Jadi

I like her first time results, second time was overdone. So this is a liquid texturizer? I like her though very thick and fluffy.

Amarilles

Has anyone found the ingredients to the treatment? I can't stand when websites don't make that information easily available :rolleyes:

*Frisky*

Has anyone found the ingredients to the treatment? I can't stand when websites don't make that information easily available :rolleyes:

I was looking too and couldn't find them. It says something about being a licensed professional to be able to view certain pages on their website which is suspect to me. Some one said in the comments of the video that they are a cosmetologist and according the ingredients it's a mild texturizer.

Amarilles

It doesn't sound like a texturizer if it isn't lifting the cuticles, but it sure does seem like a regular ol' BKT system sans formaldehyde. This pic here

They'll go head and list the molecular weight of the protein but not some simple ingredients :rolleyes: I think reversion depends on the application process/heat used like in other BKT systems.

Iluvsmuhgrass

This right here:

It doesn't sound like a texturizer if it isn't lifting the cuticles, but it sure does seem like a regular ol' BKT system sans formaldehyde.

I remember thinking the very same thing when they first came out with the treatment and wondered what the difference was.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Chile, please!

Ain't enough creams, butters and gels in the world gonna change your texture like that and that permanently!

That white substance was clearly some light-weight texturizer AKA relaxer put on her hair. Sounds a lot like the Miss Jessie's "Silkening" treatments done back in the day!

naturalmanenyc

It looks like she got a BKT. Mine wore off quickly the first time (Lasio) so had it done a second time shortly after with Rejuvenol. Both treatments were done at the salon.

I started doing the BKT myself at home. The more I did the treatments, the longer they lasted. One friend said her BKT lasted about 6 months.

Her hair could revert back in a few months.

MissMusic

The first thing I thought was Miss Jessie's Silkener. I don't think she has let the product wear off yet because she did get both of them close together, so its hard to know if the process will wear off. We shall see if it actually wears off, either way, its her hair, so as long as she's happy,