moisturizer that won't make roller set frizzy?

kimbaparis

what do you use as a moisturizer when you have a curly rollerset? my usuals (mango butter, shea butter conditioner, s-curl followed by coconut oil) seem to make the hair too wet and then it frizzes. i want the moisture but not the frizz. is there a happy medium? would just the coconut oil work?

malachi74

kimbaparis said:
what do you use as a moisturizer when you have a curly rollerset? my usuals (mango butter, shea butter conditioner, s-curl followed by coconut oil) seem to make the hair too wet and then it frizzes. i want the moisture but not the frizz. is there a happy medium? would just the coconut oil work?

coconut oil will seal but not moisturize. what about the mango butter and follow with coconut oil?

kimbaparis

it seems to add a bit of the frizzys too but maybe i use too much. i'll try less followed with the coconut oil maybe. but perhaps others have good stuff?

newflowers

Phyto7 leave in is super moisturizing, helps to detangle, and helps give a sleek roller set. If you want even more moisture, try Phyto 9. Polly & Co. has a super fab deal on the large tubes - it will last for months which kind of off-sets the price if that's a concern.

Missi

using a silk leave in (moisturizer) should do the trick: NTM Silk Leave-in, Lacio Lacio Leave In, Chi Silk Infusion, & Salerm21 Leave in sealed w/ coconut oil or vatika oil should cure the frizzies: also sittin under a hooded dryer prevents the frizzies as well. ~HTH~

Dee-Licious

kimbaparis said:

are you talking about while the hair is wet or after it's dry??

LovelyZ

what do you mean by "curly" roller set? is this just a regular roller set (magnetic rollers on wet hair), if so, it may not be your product that is making your hair frizz. Is the hair set taut against the rollers? Is your hair completely dry when you remove the rollers? If so, a moisturizer followed by an oil should make your sets come out sleek. The technique seems to affect my sets more than which particular moisturizer I use.

HoneyDew

Kimba this is kinda what was happening to me. I use Butter,as well. Over time I just had too much moisture up there and I my hair just felt too moist even though it was dry. Duh! That sould have told me something right that. I had overdone it with the moisture and the frizz was inevitable!

I needed some protein.

As far as the sets, have these products ever worked in rollerset for you?

I would think all you need is a good moisturizer/leave in and some serum.

I like Aveda Universal Styling cream.

Keen

I think she means after the hair is dry, while maintaining the style. I have the same issue. I avoid putting anything on my hair so I don't loose my curls

LovelyLionessa

4N6_Gyrl said:
using a silk leave in (moisturizer) should do the trick: NTM Silk Leave-in, Lacio Lacio Leave In, Chi Silk Infusion, & Salerm21 Leave in sealed w/ coconut oil or vatika oil should cure the frizzies: also sittin under a hooded dryer prevents the frizzies as well. ~HTH~

I agree, I use Lacio Lacio sealed with Fantasia IC Olive Serum. CHI Infusion is also excellent too.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ms. Aveda is fast-becoming my product of choice. Nothing else seems to work better. Not only is Aveda Universal Styling Creme moisturizing, it is the only product that I have found--after months of buying and trying loads of products and wasting money--that keeps my hair shiny and not dull or dry looking.

I use the USC, followed by the brilliant serum or the brilliant humectant pomade. The anti-humectant pomade (white jar) is formulated for frizzy hair. I use the humectant pomade (blue jar) to keep my hair looking moisturized and shiny. But I'mma go back tomorrow and buy the anti-humectant.

Yes, I OWN that D.C. Aveda Store. I need to buy some da*m stock, as much money as I've spent on Aveda products...:lachen::lachen:

kimbaparis

sorry i got busy and didn't check. i did mean after you are all dried and curled and looking fly. the set comes out fine and i'd like to keep it looking good for a few days but i still need to moisturize. i'm trying to find out how to moisturize for those post set days without frizzing my nice curls up.

crlsweetie912

I love the Profective Megagrowth lotion! Perfect for my hair! Sometimes my hair looks better after a few days than it did with the original set.

LovelyZ

kimbaparis said:
sorry i got busy and didn't check. i did mean after you are all dried and curled and looking fly. the set comes out fine and i'd like to keep it looking good for a few days but i still need to moisturize. i'm trying to find out how to moisturize for those post set days without frizzing my nice curls up.

Ohhh. ok, i got you. yeah some moisturizers will make my dry hair frizz up. I like Mizani Nighttime Intensive. unfortunately it does have mineral oil so maybe that's not so good. But if its close to wash day and my hair feels a little dry, I will use that at night, followed by some oil, to get me through. My hair seems to like it. It looks and feels better the next day.

janeemat

I use Lacio Lacio and Olive Olive leave ins cond as my moisturizers. Then add Mizani Therma Strength serum. After I remove the rollers, I add Fredericka Fekkai glossing cream to my ends and then run a little Aveda Brilliant glossing serum. My rollersets come out perfect and never frizzy. I use magnetic rollers with end papers.

janeemat

kimbaparis said:

I use Fredericka Fekkai glossing cream on my ends every day to maintain my rollersets. No frizziness and my ends are nice and smooth. I have not had a cut/trim since I got wacked in Dec to neck length.

macherieamour

I like Phytospecific Shea Butter styling cream- its absorbs really well and is super light. I also like Keracare cream headdress but it can be kinda heavy and might weigh your hair down after a few days.

LadyZ

I have the same problem:look: , My hair looks nice the day after roller setting,
but my moisturizer seems to mess it up:eek: :confused: , I don't know what to use... I am still experimenting with my products...