What grows faster: your nails or hair

Brownie

Hello fellow hair growers! What grows faster for you, your hair or nails? My nails seem to grow faster than my hair, and I have to trim them every week or two because I like to keep them at a medium length.

Peachtree

Hey Brownie
...wassup girl?!?!
My hair has always grown faster than my finger nails (so it seemed), however lately ever since beginning my vit regime, my nails have taken off...

A few wks ago I purchased some lil fake ones, but I have not had the chance to wear them because my natural nails have grown in soooo beautifully. I have all kindza "artsy", crafty designs on them... they look much better than the fake one's i bought
... yipppppeeee, i have finger nails to show off this summer

Brownie

Always good to hear from you, Peachtree. I'm happy to hear that your nails have taken flight. I think it's funny that so many people spend oodles of money getting their nails done.
All they have to do is pop a vitamin, or eat better (had to add the last part), and the nails will grow.

melodee

My nails have always grown faster. I'm known for having long nails, hair is another story. But I'm putting more effort into the hair than ever before, so you never know.

elliot

Hey All,

Do you think that they may grow at the same rate but because nail growth is more visible and easily identifiable, we tend to think that they(nails) grow faster than our hair? (Just curious)

I noticed that when I break a nail, it grows back really fast but that the other nails seemingly remain the same length. Anyone else experience this?

El

Integrity

i trim my nail every week during the summer and when on biotin. i think my nail grows more than an inch a month. dunno about my hair cos i dont measure

Cleo

I'd say that my hair and nails grow about the same rate. I tend to notice my nail growth more because I don't really measure my new growth.

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]

I noticed that when I break a nail, it grows back really fast but that the other nails seemingly remain the same length. Anyone else experience this?

El

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to say my nails and I have experienced what you speak of but cannot think of the reasoning.

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

El

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to say my nails and I have experienced what you speak of but cannot think of the reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that people who bite their nails have nails that grow very fast because they are constantly stimulating them. Of course, they still never have long nails because they just bite them off again, but the actual rate of growth is much faster.

Nessa

I hate it cause my nails grow way too much. Gosh, I wish my hair would grow like that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stormy

hmmm...I'd have to say my nails grow faster, but my hair is starting to grow faster so soon enough the growth rate will be about the same for both.

honeycomb719

[ QUOTE ]
My nails have always grown faster. I'm known for having long nails, hair is another story. But I'm putting more effort into the hair than ever before, so you never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

That goes for me too. But, I've always wanted long hair rather than long nails.

sweetcocoa

It used to be I could tell how fast my hair was growing by my nails...but since I've been rinsing or shampooing more it seems my hair grows faster.

Lavette35

My nails seem to grow much faster since I have been using Nailtiques. My hair used to grow at a faster rate and be much thicker. It seems to have thinned a little over the last couple of years.