How to Use Mizani Custom Blend Treatment

rayne

I got this off of Mizani's web site. Sorry if it's been posted already.

STEP 1
Personalized Diagnosis
is the most important part of the Custom Blend System. It determines the recommended combination of moisture and protein for the desired result.
Download the MIZANI CONSULTATION SHEET to assist with determining:

• Hair History - chemical services, thermal hairstyling services and conditioning treatment
• Hair Analysis - porosity, elasticity, texture, density, hair type and hair length
• Client Personal Information - lifestyle, medical history
• Final Diagnosis - Mizani Porosity & Elasticity Chart Results, diagnosis, recommended treatment, how often, etc.
STEP 2
Scalp Treatment and Intense Cleansing
. MIZANI PURIPHYING SHAMPOO removes any build up and promotes better conditioning results.
For clients that have scalp issues, use MIZANI SCALP TONIC which is formulated to soothe and treat dry scalp. If the client does not have dry scalp, skip this step and go right to the Intense cleansing with PURIPHYING Shampoo.

a. Using small sections, apply MIZANI SCALP TONIC directly to the scalp. Take a moment and massage the SCALP TONIC into the scalp to penetrate and stimulate scalp. Massage entire scalp paying special attention to affected dry areas. Cover with or without heat for 5 minutes.
The Scalp Tonic can also be added to the Puriphying Shampoo as part of the Custom Blend Mixing PURIPHYING Shampoo is a must in the customized shampoo
process. The PURIPHYING Shampoo allows the SCALP TONIC to move the dry scalp and exfoliate.
Slightly Dry Scalp: Mix 1/4 oz with Puriphying Shampoo
Moderately Dry Scalp: Mix 1/2 oz with Puriphying Shampoo
Extremely Dry Scalp: Mix 3/4 oz with Puriphying Shampoo
b.Shampoo hair with Puriphying Intense Cleansing Shampoo. This shampoo provides total cleansing in order for respiration to begin.
STEP 3
Customization and Application - Now that the hair has been analyzed, the proper diagnosis has been made, and the hair has been cleansed, the hair is now prepared for CUSTOMIZED conditioning.
a. Based on the individual recommendation, prepare the treatment by measuring appropriate amounts of HYDRAFUSE and KERAFUSE into the MIZANI mixing bowl. Please note: if you are applying to color-treated hair add an additional scoop Kerafuse to address any porosity caused by the color.
b. Apply formulated individual treatment of HYDRAFUSE Intensive Moisturizing Treatment and KERAFUSE Intensive Strengthening Treatment to the entire hair shaft with the MIZANI application brush. To ensure complete coverage, apply to small sections at a time
STEP 4
Finishing Techniques
Select appropriate “Finishing Technique” based on the level of conditioning and the needs of the client’s hair.
For a basic deep penetrating conditioner
a. Cover hair with a plastic cap and place client under warm dryer for 10 minutes
b. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry

For Extremely Damaged or over processed hair:
Do not mix the prescribed amount of Kerafuse and Hydrafuse together
a. Apply Kerafuse on clean, towel-dried hair
b. Dry completely without a plastic cap under a hot dryer
c. Rinse thoroughly with tepid water to remove all residues
d. Towel dry, apply Hydrafuse and cover the hair with a plastic cap and place client under dryer for 10 minutes
e. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry

For Extremely Weak hair (e.g. in between braids or weaves):
a. Apply diagnosed treatment of Hydrafuse and Kerafuse and leave on 15 minutes total under the warm dryer.
- 10 minutes with a plastic cap
- 5 minutes without a plastic cap to seal in treatment
b. Rinse thoroughly with tepid water to remove all residue and towel dry
STEP 5
Proceed using desired MIZANI styling aids and style.

HOW OFTEN SHOULD I USE CUSTOM BLEND?
Frequency depends on the needs of each individual client. For normal to slightly damaged hair, once per month may be an adequate frequency. For excessively damaged or broken hair, Custom Blend may be applied once a week for a maximum of four weeks consecutively.

HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE FOR A CUSTOM BLEND CONDITIONING TREATEMENT?
Fees for the Custom Blend conditioning treatment should be in line with the services of your market. Mizani salons in many markets offer Custom Blend Treatments from $15 to $35 as an additional service cost.

WHAT ARE ALL THE COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM? DO I HAVE TO USE ALL COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM FOR IT TO BE EFFECTIVE?
Mizani Custom Blend is a simple system, comprised of the Custom Blend Diagnosis Wheel, Puriphying Shampoo, Scalp Tonic, Hydrafuse Moisturizing Conditioner, Kerafuse Protein Conditioner, and the Custom Blend Utensil kit (designed for dosing, mixing and application). Mizani strongly recommends using all components of the system for maximum effectiveness. The products were designed to be used together to ensure your clients acheive the best result.

WHAT IS THE MIZANI DRY SCALP TONIC?
Designed for clients who may experience dryness or itching, Mizani Scalp Tonic is a dermatologist-tested tonic that lifts dry skin from the scalp while botanical extracts deliver hydrating moisture. The Scalp Tonic is designed to be used with the Custom Blend system, either as a scalp pre-treatment (applied just prior to the shampoo) mixed with the shampoo for greater intensity (see Custom Blend Diagnosis Wheel for directions based on hair and scalp analysis.)

CAN I USE CUSTOM BLEND THE SAME DAY AS A COLOR?
We do not recommend doing a Custom Blend Treatment after a Semi-permanent color, as it tends to fade. A Custom Blend treatment can be used on the same day as a Permanent color. It is suggested for use after the color has been processed according to the manufacturer’s directions.

CAN I USE CUSTOM BLEND THE SAME DAY AS A RELAXER?
Mizani does not suggest performing a Custom Blend Service on a client the same day as a relaxer. It is suggested to wait a minimum of 48 hours between services.

janeemat

Thanks for posting this. I was in the BSS and looked at this and had so many questions. This has covered them all.

Kacie

I don't understand why you can't use this the same day you relax.
ETA: Minus the Scalp Tonic

rayne

Kacie said:
I don't understand why you can't use this the same day you relax.
ETA: Minus the Scalp Tonic

I don't understand it either. At first I thought it was because the Keraphix may make the hair revert, but on the relaxer it says that you can use it :confused: But it didn't say anything about the scalp tonic, so maybe you're right about that and that's the difference?

csmoot

Has anybody used the Custom Blend Treatment? I want to order the stuff but I was wondering how you determine the right amount of each of the conditioners. Does anybody know what the Custom Blend applicator looks like or whether the brush is just a regular relaxer brush?

Thanks for responding. :look:

myco

Has anybody used the Custom Blend Treatment? I want to order the stuff but I was wondering how you determine the right amount of each of the conditioners. Does anybody know what the Custom Blend applicator looks like or whether the brush is just a regular relaxer brush?

Thanks for responding. :look:

From what I can tell the applicator is a tint/perm/relaxer brush.

This system sounds like what a lot of us already do with different products. A pre-shampoo with an oil followed by a deep conditioning treatment involving a protein and moisturizing conditioner. The ratios are based on whether you think your hair needs strength or hydration at the time.

If I this was my first "treatment" after a relaxer, my mix would have more Kerafuse than Hydrafuse. In subsequent treatments, I would add more Hydrafuse than Kerafuse to preserve moisture and elasticity. Unless my hair my told me differently. The total amount would probably depend on how much you needed to cover your entire head.

csmoot

From what I can tell the applicator is a tint/perm/relaxer brush.

This system sounds like what a lot of us already do with different products. A pre-shampoo with an oil followed by a deep conditioning treatment involving a protein and moisturizing conditioner. The ratios are based on whether you think your hair needs strength or hydration at the time.

If I this was my first "treatment" after a relaxer, my mix would have more Kerafuse than Hydrafuse. In subsequent treatments, I would add more Hydrafuse than Kerafuse to preserve moisture and elasticity. Unless my hair my told me differently. The total amount would probably depend on how much you needed to cover your entire head.

Thank you so much. :yep:

LaidBak

I know this is an old thread, but I just ordered the Hydrafuse online. I mistook it for my regular Moisturefuse. Once I realized what I had done I decided to research it. Sounds like good stuf. I wish I could get my hands on that diagnosis wheel. ETA: Well now...here it is: http://www.mizani-usa.com/popup/spin.aspx

Last edited: