Clairol Vitapointe Creme Hairdress

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Wow that's expensive, I only paid $5.89 for the Clariol Vitapointe at the BSS.
foxybrownsugar said:
I saw what you were talking about. This afternoon i stopped by sally's and they did have a knock off with no clariol printed on it that was called vitapointe too and it was priced at 12.99 instead of the usual 7.99-8.99 for the real thing. So i left it there i will get it from another bss this weekend.

foxybrownsugar

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Wow that's expensive, I only paid $5.89 for the Clariol Vitapointe at the BSS.
Thats why i didnt buy it, 12.99 is extremely high when i know a few months ago when i looked it was 7 or 8 bucks. I should have asked if that was a mistake. When i go out sat i will ask the clerk. That would save me a trip way across town.

Cincysweetie

PrettyBrownEyes said:
Has anyone used this on damp/wet hair?
I do! I just don't know if I'm a fan of the product. I'm guessing no, lol b/c the verdict is still out and I've been using it regularly. It does give good shine though.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

You Cincysweetie, I was thinking if it wasn't good as a moisturizer I should mix the vitapointe w/a good moisturizer that way I'll have moisture plus the shine :grin:, I'll know what I'm gonna do in a few days, that means I have to go back to the BSS to get the Fantasia IC, :ohwell: .
Cincysweetie said:
I do! I just don't know if I'm a fan of the product. I'm guessing no, lol b/c the verdict is still out and I've been using it regularly. It does give good shine though.

Cincysweetie

BeautifulWideEyes said:
You Cincysweetie, I was thinking if it wasn't good as a moisturizer I should mix the vitapointe w/a good moisturizer that way I'll have moisture plus the shine :grin:, I'll know what I'm gonna do in a few days, that means I have to go back to the BSS to get the Fantasia IC, :ohwell: .
I've used it a couple times in conjunction with my ORS Carrot Oil. That really has worked the absolute best for me out of everything that I've used (and I've just about tried it all!).

PatTodd

I use this from time to time, but not usually if I'm trying to wear my hair straight because it contains water. My mom used to swear by it. I think it would be better for curly styles.

Jenai

My mom used this years ago when rollerseting. It always left her hair very soft and manageable. She pressed her hair, BTW.

blackbarbie

I started using it when I read about it here on the board. I usually wear my hair straight, but now that I am almost 11 weeks post relaxer and co-washing every other day, I use it to give me a good shine when I pull my hair back in a wet bun. I have used it on my ends when I do pin curls or when my hair is dry and I do a bun, but as most other posters said, be very careful b/c a little bit goes a long way!

foxybrownsugar

PrettyBrownEyes said:
Has anyone used this on damp/wet hair?
For me cremes, vitapointe and carrot creme work better on my damp/wet hair. They just dont seem to "absorb" on my dry hair & it seems like i use alot more on dry hair. But for others like my aunt vitapointe works great on her dry hair. Her curls always have that blingbling shine. But once i apply either creme to my wet hair, it stays shiney until the next wash.

gorgeoushair

I believe there is a vitapointe and a vitacreme. Has anyone tried the vitacreme one? I guess that would be an "off brand" It's usually cheaper

empressaja

I love this stuff a little bit goes a long way. Even if it does have the mineral oil and parabens. My aunt been using this stuff since they made it.

lexi08

I love Vitapointe. I just started using this again earlier this year. It gives great shine. I just have to be careful not to use too much.

lexi08

secretdiamond said:
How is this when wearing your hair out? Is it too greasy for that? Is it only good for airdrying in buns?

I wear my hair out all the time. I don't like buns. The product works fine for me on my dry hair, but i have to be careful not to use too much. HTH

aileendq

This is too funny...I'm sitting here in the DRIEST, HOTTEST office...my skin is cracking and my throat hurts it's so dry.

I was sitting here imagining my hair snapping off at the tips because of the heat/dryness, wondering what I was going to do about it, and here you guys are!

It just so happens I have a tube of this stuff at my desk my co-worker gave me when she left. I'm going to use it and see how it goes.

TY!

HoneyDew

I love this stuff. It is nice because it does not revert my dry straight hair into a fuzzy mess like when I use some watery products. I can moisturize and shine but will have straight hair. LIV does that but can be way to heavy. Vitapoint is not as heavy - it seems to have more oil in it.

MiWay

I use it everyday and my hair loves it. It's very light, and my hair feels so soft and moisturized.

LovelyLionessa

I like it too. I remember when I had jacked up my hair with too many ACV rinses, this was one of the products that helped cure my brittleness. A little bit does go a long way. It really gives a lovely glass like shine. What reintroduced me to this was when I saw it in Chicoro's album, I was like, whoa if she uses it on her tresses I need it too! :lol:

sweetascocoa

I bought this last night and i likeit so far. It does make my hair feel soft and moisturiser. I was a little scared when i saw the ingredients but ill give it a try. I will be using it once a day on my hair and ends. Im not wearing my hair out atm though. If i like it, ill buy the one in the big jar for $9.99. I

Any one still using it?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Allandra said:
I used to use this a long time ago, and then I stopped. I went out and purchased it again a few months ago. I still love it. I use it several times a week. It's the only moisturizer I have in my hair care product stash.

Me too! Used it for years and stopped (probably because I stopped doing my own hair). It was a staple for me for several years. Might have to pick up a tube again now that do my own hair more! Down, PJ, down girl...:lol: