Hair Trigger Growth Elixir

springy_curly

Hello ladies,

So what's the deal with this Hair trigger stuff. I've been seeing comments about it all over LHCF. The inner product junkie in me wants to buy it, but I need a little more information before I finally pull da' trigga :spinning:.

• Which do you have/ Which do you like better: Original or featherweight
  • Do you have a scent?
  • What does it smell like?
  • Do you like it better for the scalp or the length of the hair?
  • Does it really accelerate growth?
  • How does it fit into your regimen?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have the Original Scent and recently purchaed the Featherweight (haven't opened the box of the Featherweight)

Don't want to pay $4.50 extra for having it scented. But those that have, love the scents they've chosen.

Mine smells like Cola (if that makes sense). Doesn't burn, sting etc...the look of all them Peppers in the Ad are deceiving (which is a good thing). I typically have a 'Sensitive' Scalp

I think it's a little thinner or about the same consistency of JBCO.

You are only suppose to apply to the scalp and no further than an inch up (I think) and massage in.

You can also use it for a Pre-Poo etc....

I like it. It says 2 months to see any noticeable difference and I haven't been using it quite that long yet.

Definitely worth reading up on. From some of the Threads I've been in, some people have been making their own (or a similiar version).

I don't care for mixing up stuff, so I know I wouldn't/won't do (try) that.

The past few days I've been doing a Trigger/Meg-Tek Combo for research purposes.

SimJam

[*]Which do you have/ Which do you like better: Original or featherweight
I have the original

[*]Do you have a scent?
Nope

[*]What does it smell like?
It smells like a candy cane (light minty scent) though I can kinda see the cola like scent IDareT'sHair mentioned :ohwell:

[*]Do you like it better for the scalp or the length of the hair?
Ive only used on my scalp

[*]Does it really accelerate growth?
I dont know yet, been using for only 3 days

[*]How does it fit into your regimen?
I oil my scalp every morning

Overall I like the product regardless of if it works or not, it feels nice on the scalp and has nice beneficial ingredients:lick:

and I had a really good customer service experience.

MaraWithLove

Which do you have/ Which do you like better: Original or featherweight, have not tried the featherweight
Do you have a scent? Nope, the original scent.
What does it smell like? Something minty, herbal, hmm I do see how the cola reference factors into there
Do you like it better for the scalp or the length of the hair? I've only used it on my scalp
Does it really accelerate growth? I'll have to get back to you on this one as I just started using it a week ago or less.
How does it fit into your regimen? I use it on my scalp and massage it in every night-every other night.

HTH.

I honestly bought it because it was a new oil to add to my collection and I like the combo of ingredients involved. if I reap any hair growth acceleration, that'll just be additional benefit! I love the thickness!

ETA: Yes, the customer service is phenomenal! :yep:

soonergirl

I have the original non scented formula. It's thick so I only put it on scalp and massage. Its only been a few weeks, unknown about growth yet. The customer service is phenomenal. The owner really takes pride in her product and in you as a customer....

InBloom

In my new-growth
I ordered this stuff because of this thread.

I ordered featherweight, lemon scent, and the added boost of garlic thingie. Very excited.

I plan to lightly oil my scalp only about every other day. I'll do a prepoo once per week. I'll give it a solid (consistent) 2 months and see if I'm a believer.

I got extra excited with the Youtubes on it. yay!

mcgheeola

I have only used it for two weeks and I have growth on areas where it takes a long time to growth.I have the vanilla pound cake scent and it smells so good.

mcgheeola

I have only used it for two weeks and I have growth on areas where it takes a long time to growth.I have the vanilla pound cake scent and it smells so good.

InBloom

In my new-growth
Ok so, my package came.

I got the featherweight, sage and lemongrass scent. I prepoo-ed with it already. Hard to tell a difference. I was in a hurry to do SOMETHING with it right away. LOL.

Anyway, the scent is heavenly. The oil itself is very light...almost seems to evaporate a little - if that makes any sense. Maybe it's from the essential oils in it???

I feel confident about using it on my scalp lightly several times a week. I don't think it'll be too heavy for my fine strands.

Thanks OP for this thread...

Oh, and there was a really nice touch from the owner/maker/distributor...

A thank you card, with business cards inside - presumably for me to share with others. There was a handwritten thank-you message also, spelled my unusual name correctly. I like the "personal" touch.

Gonna roll with this for a while, see how well it works

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
InBloom

Nice review. :grin:

I have a bottle of the Featherweight I am waiting to try. I.can't.pull.myself.away.from.the.regular.:lick:

I hope there is a Mother's Day Sale.:look:

I'd like to get another bottle of the Featherweight to have on hand.

soonergirl

Yep the personal thank you cards that are handwritten just blew me away... Hey IdareTshair are we the only ones that did not get the added scents?? I'm jelly, I wanna try a scent now!!! Lol

LaidBak

I have the featherweight version, no added scent. I was excited about it because I thought that because there was no sulfur it wouldn't stink. But I don't like the smell at all. I am going to have to find my own scented oil to add to it. I've put it aside for now until I finish my bottle of Sulu Max Grow.

Bajanmum

I'm here! I'm here! Wow, I'm a bit late, how did i miss the thread about my favourite boo?

Ok, so HTGE has to be THE best oil on the market at the moment, imho. Even without the added bonus of growth, it is still the best. It makes new growth hair so soft and smooth.

I have the original in vanilla pound cake scent and people around me just love the smell, I've had so many complements on scent alone. DH just wants to eat me when I use it *cough* *cough*. Have I just given away tmi again?

And now to the bonus...In the month that I've had it using it everyday, sometimes 2x a day I've had 1/2in growth in my crown where usually it's 1/8 or 1/4in growth. A real slow area, I know. But an inch to an inch and a quarter growth every else. Happy dance time people :yay: :woot:. I'm so happy with the results, I can finally see myself waving off neck length and reaching collar length and beyond.

But as I've said before, hair trigger would still be a staple without the added bonus of growth. It's a keeper. :lick:

Last edited:

xomonaijax

I have the vanilla one I will start using it when I take down my twists so I can take pics. I had the fruit basket before and loved it.

ReignLocks

Has anyone been using this product for a couple months or more that can validate the effectiveness of the product? If you have pictures to document your Trigger journey, can you please post? I am interested in this but can't find anything to really convince me to buy it. The testimonies consistently talk about the fast shipping and the personalized card but nothing about the actual results. TIA

VK1K

ReignLocks said:
Has anyone been using this product for a couple months or more that can validate the effectiveness of the product? If you have pictures to document your Trigger journey, can you please post? I am interested in this but can't find anything to really convince me to buy it. The testimonies consistently talk about the fast shipping and the personalized card but nothing about the actual results. TIA

I'm still waiting for my shipment, but once its here, I'm going to document before and after pics and post a overall review. So if no one provides any documentation prior to this, then I'll be back to do so.

jprayze

bumping...looking for hear more experiences. Also has anyone used trigger plus MN in their regimen?

Onhergrind09

Which do you have?: Original
Do you have a scent? Yes
What does it smell like? Pound cake, yummy!!!
Do you like it better for the scalp or the length of the hair? Scalp, too heavy for the length of my hair even with my 4zzz texture that doesn't care that it's relaxed.
Does it really accelerate growth? The jury's still out
How does it fit into your regimen? I add in a heaping tsp of sublimed sulfur to 8oz of HTHE and apply to my scalp nightly, sometimes I remember to massage it in.

@jprayze-I can't say that it's accelerated my growth (since I add in sulfur, and have never used it on it's own) but it's done wonders for my dry scalp and has made a world of difference in how manageable my new growth is and my ability to comb through it. Even if it doesn't accelerate my growth I will continue to use and repurchase it. But in terms of whether Hair Trigger + sulfur = advance growth I will tentatively say yes.

I've attached pict of my edges 2 months ago and my edges as of 2 weeks ago. I've also included a pict of my 9 week new growth.

Attachments

• 20120224_001243.jpg
    20120224_001243.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 20120224_001324.jpg
    20120224_001324.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 20120320_165903.jpg
    20120320_165903.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 20120320_170034.jpg
    20120320_170034.jpg