How do you get smells out of hair without washing?

asubeauty

I was just wondering because my hair tends to smell like wherever I was. If I was in a restaurant, it smells like food, if someone who stanks was there before, I can smell it in my hair. :nono:

The only time I have to wash is on the weekends, and it really wouldn't be feasable to increase how much I wash right now. (Plus it's about to be winter)

What do you suggest to get funky smells out of hair?

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I was just wondering because my hair tends to smell like wherever I was. If I was in a restaurant, it smells like food, if someone who stanks was there before, I can smell it in my hair. :nono:

The only time I have to wash is on the weekends, and it really wouldn't be feasable to increase how much I wash right now. (Plus it's about to be winter)

What do you suggest to get funky smells out of hair?

Good question. I would say try to air it out, like outside. Then try putting some leave in conditioner that smells heavenly, that may cover up the smell- if it's not too bad. If it's too bad, you may have to wash, 1 shampoo and a leave in conditioner if you're short on time. You can also air dry once you wash. You could dry in a ponytail.

I have a question for you though. Could you tell me what length your hair is? Also, how did you do that pretty bun in your siggy? I don't think my hair is long enough yet...:sad:

PAPRIKA

Try using some pure essential oils. I have plumeria and I just take one drop on my finger tip and dab at my hair. HTH

Iluvsmuhgrass

There's a braid spray by Black n Sassy that covers hair odors. I'm relaxed and I use it in a pinch when I can't wash my hair. It's not too shabby.

asubeauty

Good question. I would say try to air it out, like outside. Then try putting some leave in conditioner that smells heavenly, that may cover up the smell- if it's not too bad. If it's too bad, you may have to wash, 1 shampoo and a leave in conditioner if you're short on time. You can also air dry once you wash. You could dry in a ponytail.

I have a question for you though. Could you tell me what length your hair is? Also, how did you do that pretty bun in your siggy? I don't think my hair is long enough yet...:sad:

Aww, thanks!! :hug2: My hair is APL. My bun is kind of "faking" like it's fuller than it is, I kind of have it "propped" with a satin scrunchie. :lol: I'll pm you. :grin:

Isis

Try using some pure essential oils. I have plumeria and I just take one drop on my finger tip and dab at my hair. HTH
I use essential oils all of the time, although not necessarily in my hair (except for rosemary combos for stimulation and pre-poos). I haven't seen plumeria yet though, I'll have to check it out. :yep:

I read somewhere that a fabric softener sheet like Bounce can be swiped on the hair and will remove all odors as well as keep it static free. I'll see if I can find that info. :fan:

seeminglysweet

I'm the only one that uses baby powder :look:

Sprinkle it on a hair brush and brush through, focusing on the roots- I usually flip my head over just to make sure I get all up in there.

No white hair, no smells, no dryness. It would probably work with baking soda as well.

mscocoface

Essential oils with some water or glycerine are great!!!!!

Lemongrass, lemon or orange gives a nice citrus smell to the hair all day.

asubeauty

I'm the only one that uses baby powder :look:

Sprinkle it on a hair brush and brush through, focusing on the roots- I usually flip my head over just to make sure I get all up in there.

No white hair, no smells, no dryness. It would probably work with baking soda as well.

I have baby powder. Does it get sticky if you have oil or moisturizer in your hair.

Essential oils with some water or glycerine are great!!!!!

Lemongrass, lemon or orange gives a nice citrus smell to the hair all day.

Where can I find essential oils?

Isis

Here is one source:

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1236.htm

Smoke & Other Odors

The instant remedy is to wipe a softening sheet like Bounce through your dry hair. The chemicals on the sheet will grab the odors and remove them as the sheet makes contact with your hair.
For super stubborn odors rinse your hair in undiluted tomato sauce. If you have damaged or porous blonde hair be advised that this may not be the best treatment for your hair since it may leave a slight stain.

SilentRuby

I was thinking the same thing today. I think I may try a hair fragrance. There are alot online.. one of the brands is Pure & Petal which features four fragrances that have no alchohol. They also include silk protein and vitamin B5.

Brownie518

Oyin Juices n Berries and Dove Sheer Moisture spray have nice scents (to me). They could be used as fresheners.
Here are some sources for essential oils. Check the discount thread to see where you can save :yep::

www.fromnaturewithlove.com
www.oilsbynature.com
www.thesage.com
www.lotioncrafter.com