Help! Why is my hair tangling

brittanynic16

and what can I do to fix it? I already use Fantasia Hair Polisher Daily Detangler but, even after I detangle when I wash it get tangled during the day. What could be the cause? It does seem to be dry lately. Will a good moisturizer help?

inthepink

Are you wearing your hair down? How long is it?

When I used to wear my hair down all of the time and it with it being long, it would get tangled throughout the day just from being out. So, that could be one issue.

I'm sure that moisture plays a part, too. Try using more moisture and see if that helps. Also, wearing your hair up instead of down could relive you from detangling so often.

I hope others have some more suggestions for you.

Nonie

Hair tangles easily if the cuticle isn't lying flat. Apart from using the Polisher what else do you use on your hair shampoo-wise and conditioner-wise and moisturizer-wise? Do you apply Fantasia on wet or dry hair?

Deep conditioning with a good conditioner can help smooth the cuticle as does doing your final rinse hair with an ACV solution. And then when your hair is wet, apply a moisturizer followed by the Polisher.

How are your ends?

BTW, if the Polisher is a silicone product as I think it is, you cannot moisturize your hair after applying it. It forms a shield. Cones are great for sealing in moisture but bad if you need to replenish moisture. That might explain why your hair feels dry. If you would like to keep using the Polisher, you might want to make sure your hair is pretty well moisturized first before applying it, or wash your hair more often to prepare it for your next moisturizing moment.

brittanynic16

Thanks hairlove! But, I just figured it out! I had always used hair grease on my hair. But, I stopped because I read and heard that it was bad for the hair. That was when the tangling started. Well, I just put 2 and 2 together. I wanted to cry it was so tangled. Then just now I was thinking that I couldn't take it anymore and thought that it was end of my ends. Then I remembered the grease. Man! or should I say Woman! I greased it up and no more tangles!
I guess if it is broke then don't fix it. I will use grease on my scalp because my new growth was tangling my whole head up. Then I will put the UBH creme moisture (which I will receive tomorrow
) on my ends to keep them moist. I am so happy.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Yep,

Britt, you will have to continue to do what works for you. What is sometimes bad for one is great for others.

G

I would use a good detangler and moisturize during the day. I use L'Anza Dry Hair Detangler followed by Redken's Anti-Snap but I don't recall tangling being an issue when the hair wasn't wet.

brittanynic16

Thanks Nonie, but it was like this before the polisher got to it. I just tried to help but it just did no good. I wash my hair often about every three days and my hair was wet when it was applied so there was plenty of moisture that it could have sealed in.

Bett1e thank you too but, I have been there and done that. The problem was due to lack of lubrication I think. I have very course thick hair so it need something to seperate it and the good of fashion grease worked wonderfully. I wish you could have seen it. I went from this
to this

soulchild

That's good that you found the solution. I'm just wondering though, have you ever tried any 'butter' type products? IMO,they are almost similiar to greases.

brittanynic16

No, I have never tried any butter type products. But, the stuff I used last night was peritoneum based and I am definitely going to get something that is not. Have any suggestions?