Can you Deep Condition the Day you get a Rinse?

BlackMasterPiece

How? My mom decided she wants to apply a rinse so I can style her hair tonight and she's in need of a DC at what point can I do this without ruining the effect of the rinse?

jada1111

How? My mom decided she wants to apply a rinse so I can style her hair tonight and she's in need of a DC at what point can I do this without ruining the effect of the rinse?

Okay, I'm going to be applying a demi-permanent rinse and this requires deep conditioning, because I'm using a chemical (the developer) with it. I was told to follow it immediately with deep conditioner after rinsing to prevent damage.

Now the regular semi-permanent, I don't know. I'd research the net to get more info, if someone doesn't give you an answer here.

Fine 4s

Wow. I remember my stylist telling me that getting a rinse was like a DC so I didn't have to deep condition after a rinse...and I bought it!
*shaking my head*

xcuzememiss

I'D do a deep moisturizing conditioner as a prepoo. The prepoo gives me the conditioning I need without sacrificing the color of my rinse that I apply to my highlights. And since the rinse acts like a protein treatment you can just dc or apply a moisturizing rinse out conditioner after the rinse.

sqzbly1908

Anytime I do a demi or semi permanent hair color I ALWAYS deep condition after wards....I have been doing it for years and have not had any issues with color fading. The conditioning makes your hair more manageable as the colors tend to make the hair "tangled"...

Itty Bitty Tip...I used Neutral Protein Filler right before applying the color and it made it even more vibrant (IMO) and my color is lasting longer than expected...(it has been approximately 6 weeks)

HTH

Dommo

You can do a DC right after a rinse. You just can't do an oil treatment afterwards(it'll strip the color)

JJamiah

I apply Jazzing Semi Permanent and then immediately after always do a deep condition with SE, never had and issue! :)

BlackMasterPiece

BMP...How did your mother's hair turn out?
We did her rinse, she sat under the dryer under low heat for 15 minutes she co-washed and the color is flawless with full coverage:yep:

I forgot to DC this time:oops::giggle: in my rush to get started on styling her hair but I'm using very moisturizing products on her hair as I braid:yep:

As we speak I'm cornrowing her hair and will crochet extension hair in when they're complete. I can already see its gonna be gorgeous. When its done I'll do her makeup and put some individual eyelash extensions for added drama. I really like to spoil my mom
:love2:

sqzbly1908

We did her rinse, she sat under the dryer under low heat for 15 minutes she co-washed and the color is flawless with full coverage:yep:

I forgot to DC this time:oops::giggle: in my rush to get started on styling her hair but I'm using very moisturizing products on her hair as I braid:yep:

As we speak I'm cornrowing her hair and will crochet extension hair in when they're complete. I can already see its gonna be gorgeous. When its done I'll do her makeup and put some individual eyelash extensions for added drama. I really like to spoil my mom
:love2:

Wow .....Talk about your multitasking...(lol)...I am glad it turned out nice!!