2 INCHES IN 4 MONTHS (end of the year) CHALLENGE

Sianna

I've been ignoring this challenge since I first saw it a few days ago! :rolleyes: Then today, I decided, 'You know what, maybe I should join this challenge. The worst that could happen is that I won't make the full two inches, but what do I have to loose by trying?'

That being said, I'm in! Honestly, I'm not sure I can make the two full inches, but it's worth giving it a shot! :grin:

Here's my starting pics!

It's MEEEEEE!! Freshly co-washed hair, no product added. Approx 60% shrinkage.

My nape can just barely stretch to my collarbone.

My regimen/products:
I purchased a bottle of Mega-Tek, and will DC with this every other week. The other weeks I will use Aphogee two minute reconstructor. Each time I use these high protein conditioners, I will follow them up with a moisturizing condish. I have not selected a particular brand.

I will stay away from heat styling and will try to keep manipulation to a minimum. Also, I will try to remember to take my vitamins... no promises though. I'm not good with eating pills. :look: :lol:

Since I'm also not good about keeping my hair in braids or twists, and since my hair is long enough now, (just barely) I will start keeping my hair in buns and various updo type styles, like so...

It's hard to see what I've done here, but basically I just pulled the hair back and tucked it in, as if I were going to do a French roll. Then I just put the clip on to hold it in place. Plain and simple yes, but it keeps my ends safely tucked away. :yep:

PS. Sorry for adding so many pics! Just wanted to share! :grin:

Last edited:

faithVA

I've been ignoring this challenge since I first saw it a few days ago! :rolleyes: Then today, I decided, 'You know what, maybe I should join this challenge. The worst that could happen is that I won't make the full two inches, but what do I have to loose by trying?'

That being said, I'm in! Honestly, I'm not sure I can make the two full inches, but it's worth giving it a shot! :grin:

I was thinking the same thing and said why not. I thought I would make the 2" but since I will probably need to trim in September and December I wouldn't see it. But let's give it a shot.

mEmYSELFaNDj

Sianna don't ever apologize for adding too many pics. I think I can speak for everyone on the board WE LOVE PICS :) the more the better. Hehe oh and cute French roll. What type of clip is that? Where did u get it?

CandyCurls

.................................................. ......

Last edited:

Radianthealth

I haven't done a hair challenge in years LOL this is exciting!

I wasn't sure how to stretch my hair and take a photo with my big ole camera so I just have a fro shot. I dyed my hair jet black about a month ago and the color has done something funky to my hair, you can see it a bit in the photo. I think that is the last time I will use dye in my hair :(

What's your regimen?
shampoo and deep treatment every 1-2 weeks,
protective style (buns maybe some braids)
moisturize every day
Daily vitamin regimen: Prenatal, MSM, pantothenic acid, biotin, etc.
Exercise 3 times per week
Healthy whole foods: Injesting 16 oz of aloe vera juice per day and plenty of healthy protein and veggies.

What Products are you using?
Shampoo : Suave moisturizing shampoo or any other moisturizing shampoo
Deep treatment : Cathy Howse or any other good conditioner
Moisturizer : S-Curl texturizer spray

What will you especially do for achieving this goal?
Have fun and enjoy taking loving care of my hair :)

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Sianna

Thanks mEmYSELFaNDj! Your hair is FABULOUS BTW!!

I got the clip from ebay. It clips onto your hair kinda like a duckbill clip I only paid $2.50 for it!! And, considering how inexpensive it was, the clip seems surprisingly sturdy! Not at all like it'll fall apart trying hold onto my thick hair.
When I first got it I wasn't sure how I'd use it, or even if I had enough hair to use it, but, I managed to figured it out. :lol:

http://stores.ebay.com/Grace-collection2009/Hair-claw-Clip-/_i.html?_fsub=2068426012&_sid=787067402&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I have this one too! There's a few different colors to choose from.

HTH!

PureSilver

I want in too....i'm 3'' away from APL plus my hair grows in layers. sighs, but i'm in. I know i can get those extra inches i need with 100% protective styling since i never ever wear my hair out.

Starting pics are posted below first is my bang, second, nape, third side right above my ears. I'm no good at taking pics but i'm hoping to improve on it.

My Regimen: I'll be wearing a wig until my hair tells me to get a weave. Washing 2X per week in cornrows that i will not undo in singles every 21/2 wks..if they hold up; while applying MTek 3-4X per week

Products for Challenge: VO5 conditioners, Baking Soda for clarifying, Mtek(is a a must), homemade moisturizer, rarely used, EVOO & castor oil for edges and DHerbs hair oil to seal

What will i do for achieving this goal:Maybe i'll wear my hair out for the first time. Keep using the regimen & products that helped to achieve the goal

Supplements: MSM, Biotin, when i remember, VitC with Iron...maybe i'll start taking Chlorella again

Last edited:

Jewell

Sorry I would like to join but I don't have a starting pic! My hair is in twists right now and they aren't coming out for the next month. I will do this on my own I guess. Good luck to everyone! I'm on a 100% PS challenge until at least April 2012, using braids and twists with extensions, cornrows beneath wigs. I do this every year and it is amazing, plus saves me time from daily styling!

ETA: Abt the starting pic, the last pic of my length (stretched) I have uploaded was in like April. I was BSL then. May or June I was a bit past BSL. IDK where I am now but I should be coming up on MBL in Oct or Dec. at the latest. If I take the twists out sooner than late Sept, I will post a starting photo! :yep:

Last edited:

prettybyrd

I think I'll give this a shot.

What's your regimen?
1. Cleanse (shampoo) once a week
2. Co-wash 2-3 times per week
3. DC once a week
4. Daily/nightly moisturizing and sealing ends
5. Protective style (buns and plaits)

I just ordered a lot of products that I'm waiting to receive, so my products are subject to change, but right now I'm using:
Shampoo: Taliah Waajid Black Earth Shampoo
Conditioner: Pantene Breakage to Strength
Moisturizer: Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1
Seal: Grapeseed oil, JBCO
Deep treatment: Organics hair mayonaise
Gel: Eco styler - Pink

I exercise everyday, take my liquid multivitamin, and do nightly scalp massages.

Last edited:

Krystle~Hime

gvin89 chelleypie810 you both are tempting, you both wanna join...... GIVE INTO TEMPTATION :grin:

Imani I also only need these 2 inches for making APL ! it will be a good improvement if I achieve this challenge !!!

Sign me up, too!

Starting Pic
I will post one on or before September 1.

What's your regimen?
- Detangle/Shampoo/DC every week
- Protein treatments as needed
- Refresh with water spritz and Darcy’s Botanicals Transitioning Hair Creme every other day

- Shampoos: CON Argan Oil Shampoo, Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo, Quantum Clarifying Shampoo
- Detanglers: Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
- Deep Conditioners: Hairveda SitriNillah Deep Hair Masque, Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm, Nairobi Humecta-Sil Conditioner, Shescentit Banana Brulee Moisturizing Deep Conditioner, Alter Ego Garlic Hot Oil Treatment
- Protein Treatments: Colorful Neutral Protein Filler, ApHogee Keratin 2-Minute Reconstructor
- Co-Wash Conditioners: Shescentit Avocado Conditioner, Shescentit Super Soft Honey Conditioning Rinse, Tigi Bed Head Moisture Maniac Conditioner, Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner, Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner
- Leave-ins: Darcy’s Botanicals Daily Leave-In Conditioner, Darcy’s Botanicals Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk
- Moisturizers: Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream, Darcy’s Botanicals Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream
- Sealant: Oil Mixture (castor, flax seed, wheat germ, macadamia, camellia, rice bran, pumpkin seed, emu)

I will refrain from experimenting and return to my tried and true methods/products.

WOW.. I don't use more than 5 products ! I'm impressed by your stash !!

Im in

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100
PYTiara89
lol I want more !!!!!!!!!! I want to see your beautiful hair in length check and what you will do preciously to your hair :yep:

lovestarr

I definitely want in! This is just the motivation that I need! :clap: Since I am currently at TWA level so if I measure a bit above 4 inches at the end of this challenge would be great.

What’s your regimen?

Pre-poo once a week
Shampoo once a week
Clarify once a month with bentonite clay
ACV rince once a month
Cowash 3 times a week and apply a leave-in conditioner
Deep condition once a week
Moisturize and seal daily
Baggy 2 times a week

What products are you using?

Pre-poo - any water-based conditioner with EVOO
Shampoo – black soap, Chagrin Valley poo bars
Co-wash conditioners – Neutrogena Triple Moisture, Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Deeper Moisture Conditioner, Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner
Leave-In – Giovanni Direct Leave-In, KKKT, Shea Moisture Leave-In, Infusion 23, Cantu Shea Butter
Deep Conditioner – ORS Hair Mayo, Elasta QP DPR-11, AOHSR
***mixed with oils and EO
Moisturizers - Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk, shea butter
Sealant –EVCO, EVOO, castor oil
Supplements - TwinLab multivitamin, biotin, MSM

Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day; 5 minute daily scalp massages with scalp oil mixture; sleep with satin bonnet or satin pillowcase; exercise 2-3 times a week

Starting pic attached

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 29

Seamonster

I am cutting my hair this month, it will be great to grow it out with you all. 2 inches should get me grazing BSL a major accomplishment for me!

lushcoils

Goal : REACH IT !! (at least 6-8 inches )

Must Include a starting pic because we will reveal at 4-month mark !
I'm currently in twist extensions. I will take a pic in 3 weeks when I re do them.

What's your regimen?
shampoo 1-3x a week
cowash 2x-5x a week
heavy moisturize and seal daily
baggy 1x-3x a week (with dc products) (overnight)
steam deep condition (protein and moisture) 1x-3x a week (about 10-20 min)
oil rinse with bj castor oil 1x-2x a week

nature's gate biotin shampoo
trader joe's nourish spa conditioner
moisturizer: shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie
sealant: black Jamaican castor oil or regular castor oil (looking to switch to something else that smells better)

deep condition steam and baggy with:
aubrey organics honeysuckle rose/ors olive oil replenishing conditioner (moisture)
rotate au gp and nexxuss emergencee (moisture and protein)
bj castor oil/castor oil

Focus on protective styling for length retention. (twist extensions)
Healthy ends ... Dusting every 8-12 weeks. Heavy moisturizing and sealing.
Maximizing growth..w/sulfur/castor oil/aloe vera scalp massages, vitamins (multi and fish), exercising (2 hours a week), juicing, healthy diet (veggies, fruits, protein..), and water.

Last edited:

MaraWithLove

I'm in!:) (Wee, I finally subscribed :p)
I will post a starting picture September 1st!

1. Regimen (well as it will be starting September 1st):

Co-wash once a week
Shampoo once a month
Deep treatment once every 2 weeks
Hot oil treatment/massage twice weekly

2. Products
Conditioner/Co-wash: Yes to Cucumbers
Shampoo: Shikakai & amla shampoo bar
Oil and moisturizer: Homemade blends
Butters (unrefined): Avocado, maybe coffee bean or vanilla too

^^May tweak this a bit before September and if so I'll update!

3. What will you especially do for achieving this goal?
I may actually take my multi-vitamin daily rather than just "when I feel like it." Hmm, I will also continue with what I've been doing since going natural: minimal styling, no heat, gentle care and enthuse myself with a chant: patience, patience, patience! I'll also drink even more water than I already do!

Side note: I've cut down majorly on my PJism :p mainly bcause I realized that I could get the look I wanted with just water and oil/water and butters lol. But the temptress in me may come out and create full-blown PJism again. We'll see! ;)

Wooohooo, let's get growing! Wish you all successes!

MsBizness

Goal : APL(exactly 2inches away).

Must Include a starting pic Will post one on 9/3 when I texlax @13.5 wks for an exact growth comparison.

What's your regimen?
Continuing what I'm doing now. Keep hair protected and well moisturized under full wig. Manipulation only on cowash/dc days 1-2x week.

Con old version as needed
Joico reconstruct as needed
Aussie Moist
Kenra Condish
QB Heavy Cream
Shea Moisture curl smoothie
Seal w/jojoba or coconut or EVOO

Pick back up on MSM, wonderful results on skin and any scars you may have. Continue with vits and lots of water.

Can't wait til December!!!! :grin:

So late with my starting pic, but here it is as of 9/2 (I was shaved completely bald in late 09 :grin:)

Attachments

• Sept 11 013.JPG
    Sept 11 013.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

song_of_serenity

I'm IN! LOL. My twists are super...SUPER OLD! xD I've been pulling them into a bun, I'm not crazy enough to go out like this. LOL. Here's a shot I just took:

What's your regimen? Twist, wash twice a week, rinse with water when needed, retwist, deep condition once a week. Still trying to figure out what products to twist with.

Not product specific but I have fallen for deva curl no poo conditioner and I love the super deep conditioner. My hair liked "Kimmaytube's conditioner"

WILL TRY TO TAKE BIOTIN ON A REGULAR BASIS AND UP MY WATER INTAKE!

What will you especially do for achieving this goal? Not wearing my hair out of twists too often. Essentially leaving it alone!!

LadyViola

I wanna join! This will be my first challenge :) I will post a pic shortly but here is my info:

What's your regimen?
1. Cowash 2-3 times a week
2. Deep condition once a week
3. Moisturize and seal daily

Conditioner: Suave or Tresemme conditioner
Oil/sealants: JBCO, castor oil, or coconut oil for sealing
Moisture: ORS moisturizer in green bottle and any profectiv moisturizer
Deep conditioners: Silk Elements MegaSilk/ors deep conditioner

1. Eat healthy and drink lots of water
2. Take a daily multivitamin
3. Wear wigs as PS

Attachments

• 8-20-2011-hair.jpg
    8-20-2011-hair.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

youwillrise

UPDATED regimen - 10-2-2011.

What's your regimen? cleanse with bentonite clay once every 1.5 to 2 weeks. condition with aubrey organics conditioners (honeysuckle rose & white camellia). dc twice a week, rinse & condition once a week. oils galore (mostly castor, apricot, avocado, oyin burnt sugar...im also trying [not sure i'll rebuy] rice bran and sunflower oils) . wearing twists or braids for 2 to 4 weeks at at time. finger detangling on twist/braid takedown day in the shower. no combs/brushes.
What Products are you using? see above
What will you especially do for achieving this goal? nothing special. keeping ends moist and protected.

i'll try to take some photos maybe later tonight or tomorrow afternoon (after work) depending on when my hair dries...i'm currently dc'ing my hair and will rinse soonish. i'll release a few twists in different areas on my hair and do a pull down.

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm in!

Starting pic:

Regimen:

Every day, I...
-Dc
-Oil rinse
-Cowash
-Use growth aid

Products I use:
-Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk
-Silk Dreams Shea What
-Silk Dreams Nourish
-Silk Dreams Destination Hydration
-AOHSR
-AOWC
-Hairveda Sitrinilla
-Hairveda Moist Condition 24/7
-Hairveda Acai Phyto
-Claudie's Growth Elixer

What I will be doing to achieve my goal:

-Stay consistent with my vitamins.
-Drink adequate amounts of water.
-Stick to my daily GHE and Claudie's Elixer.

:drunk:

workingonme

I'm in. Like many here, this is my first challenge. I don't have much of a regimen, but I've come up with one that I can easily follow.

cleansing:
1. wash once a week
2. dc after each wash (Afroveda Neem+3, coconut milk, honey, EVOO, aloe vera juice)
3. clarify monthly (2 tbsp vinegar diluted in 1 c water)

daily:
1. mist w/water
2. creamy moisturizer, focusing on ends (Neem+3, water, hair strengthener and oil, works very well). When I can afford it, I'll buy more Afroveda's Miss Bhree. It is exceptional. Keeps my hair moisturized for days.
3. shea butter to seal
4. scalp massage w/oil 3x a week (Afroveda's Shikakai Hair Growth Elixir)

style:
box braids, no weave (I get hot), in 6 week increments.

I am in love with twists but I'm wearing my hair in box braids without weave for the first time right now. I love it!! My long term style goal is to have a healthy, full bun. Currently Afroveda is the only line I use. I tried many of their products before finding what works for me (I gave everything else away). I'm use their carrot shampoo bar, Neem+3 conditioner, Shikakai Elixir, and Hemp Seed Lock Twist and Roll butter. They all work very well for me and last forever. I re-order products only 2-3x a year.

I'll post a pic after taking my hair down. Also making some lifestyle changes. I'm ready.

BreeNique

Awww yeah! Here's my starting pic::

^^^^ --> transitioning, about 1 year post, about 2 inches of relaxed hair left on my head!!

So right now I'm at about SL, I'd like to have 2 inches or more by the end of the year!!!

Regimen:

-wash 2x a week (Sunday, Wednesday) with a co-wash, DC on Wednesday, shampoo (sulfate-free) and conditioner, DC or HOT on Sunday

-clarify once a month, light protein once a month ( same day as clarifying)

Twist-outs and top knots/ ballerina buns for everyday style, occasional blow-out (once a month?)

Moisturize and seal daily!!

Products

-shampoo: Organix Coconut Milk shampoo, clarifying shampoo
-co-wash conditioner: Organix Cherry blossom conditioner
-DC: Kenra moisturizer
-pre-poo oil/ HOT: JBCO with EVOO and coconut oil
-protein conditioner: ORS replenishing conditioner, and when that is used up, NTM masque (light protien)
-Moisturizer: NTM leave-in, Elasta QP mango butter
-Sealant: Carol's Daughter hair balm, coconut oil

-sealing often and baggying under the buns, steam weekly, and working hard to keep ends safe and loverly in the Massachusetts winter!!

-purchase one (or 2...heehee!) wigs, and a sew-in in November- December (that should get me an inch, yes?)

WE WE WE SO EXCITED!!!

Bn

gvin89

Alright....giving in to temptation. I'm in! Avatar is starting pic...5.5 inches in front & crown, 6 inches in back.

What's your regimen?
Twice a month: Pre-poo, poo, & DC
Weekly (non-shampoo week): Cowash
Daily: Spritz, moisturize, & seal

CV Shampoo bars
AO HSR, GPB, JAD, WC conditioners
Homemade spritz of AVJ, water, oil, & glycerin leave-in
QB AOHC, CTDG, MTCG moisturizers
Coconut oil, JBCO, WGO, QB OHHB sealers
Essential oil blend for growth

Protective styling: twists, braids, wigs, updos
Drink more water
Limit sugar & starches
Exercise regularly
Scalp massages

Last edited:

Lexsmarie

I'm in!!! And I'm Excited!!!

Must Include a starting pic because we will reveal at 4-month mark !

What's your regimen?
Co-wash 2-3X a week.
Shampoo 1X a month.
Deep Condition 1X a week.
Mega-tek 3-4X a week (on workout days). Biotin and Vitamin D daily.

Suave or V05 for cowash.
Kenra or Elucene for shampoo.
Kenra Moisturizer or Cholesterol Conditioner for Deep Conditioner
LTR Essecnces for leave in
Various oils for seal

Reduce heat tremendously. More braidouts and protective styling.

Attachments

• SANY0197.jpg
    SANY0197.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I think I'm in ... I'll be back:yep:
Must Include a starting pic

View attachment 122461

What's your regimen?
I'll add this pic instead (this is my length check dress):
Wet August21 2011.jpg

Products:
BWC leave in Con
Gleau oil blend
Prairie naturals Silica strengthening con
Puritas Con
Millcreek Biotin & Keratin con
AO HSR, GPB, WC, RM
If I flat Iron: Nioxin Bliss, Elucence serum:
On poo day:Elucence clarifying shampoo Prairie Naturals moisture balancing shampoo & con
Oils: WGO, Avocado, Hemp, Olive, Amla, Coconut

Regimen:
Co wash every other day or so (+/-)
Clarify/poo wash once a month
Hot every other week (+/-)

Airdry always
Flat iron when I feel like it

I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing...plus adding some exercise in there:perplexed

ETA: Just did a quick measurement, when I get those 2" I'll be at the top of BSL :yep:

Last edited:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Starting pic
I'm in a Hide Your Hair Challenge but I do have starting pics. I will post both my starting pic AND reveal pic at the end of the challenge. But for the curious check out my siggy pic, I am a 4b natural and I'm grazing SL.

Regimen
Shampoo & Condition as needed (usually weekly or bi weekly)
Rinse hair (water only) as needed (usually once a week)
Moisturize and cornrow hair as needed (usually bi-weekly)

Products
Shampoo : Oyin Honey Wash, Miss Jessie's Crem de la Curl, Suave Almond & Shea Butter Poo
Conditioner: John Frieda Root Awakening, Miss Jessie's Creme de la Creme, Suave Almond & Shea Butter Condish
Deep Conditioner : Enso Naturals Cacao Curl Recovery Deep Treatment, Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Cholesterol
Moisturizer : Enso Naturals Blue Malva & Wildflower Honey Anti-Breakage Hair Lotion
Sealer/Oil : Enso Naturals Marshmallow & Moss Softening Serum
Spray: Enso Naturals Coconut Lemongrass Moisture Mist

I will be wiggin' it for as long as I can stand it. I'll be cornrowed underneath.

marta9227

I'm posting starting pic now because I won't do another length check til October reggie to follow. Excuse the greys lol! uploadfromtaptalk1314152413312.jpg

Sent from my LG Optimus M using LG Optimus M