From to SL to BSL to WL....How long did it take you?

BeautifulFlower

I know there is a thread like this somewhere but I dont feel like looking for it.

From to SL to BSL to WL....

How long did it take you?

#1 Contributor to Retention?

Last edited:

Amber_moon

bump because I would REALLY like to know this too!

EDIT: Im nowhere near WL but I can say that it took me about a year to get from shoulder to BSL.... I was SL when I got married 1 year ago... and im about 1-2 inches away from bsl today.

sprungonhairboards

It took me about 2 years to go from shoulder to brastrap. I was natural though and never used heat, never had split ends or damage the whole time. Now being texturized, using heat, more manipulation, trimming occasionally, it seems to be going much slower. I figure it will take me about 3 more years to get full waistlength.

BeautifulFlower

BUMP for more of these. Did it go from Full SL to Full Brastrap?

It took me about 2 years to go from shoulder to brastrap. I was natural though and never used heat, never had split ends or damage the whole time. Now being texturized, using heat, more manipulation, trimming occasionally, it seems to be going much slower. I figure it will take me about 3 more years to get full waistlength.

blazingthru

I would like to know this too. I feel like I been at shoulder length for to long. its been seven months since I reached shoulder length. Its driving me crazy. I I hope I can get to Ampt by April that will be two years. which means it took me a year to get from shoulder to armpit.

zzirvingj

-Took me just over a year to get from SL to BSL. I would say about 14 months. I achieved BSL one year ago this month and am still waiting to achieve WL; hopefully I'll be there by next summer. If I make it before then I'll let you know ;)

#1 Contributor to Growth?:
-Growth has been pretty steady; no major contributors. Retention contributors include low manipulation hairstyles (I wear a bun ALL the time LOL), deep conditioning, and staying away from scissors. HTH!!

ETA: I'm short!!

BeautifulFlower

-Took me just over a year to get from SL to BSL. I would say about 14 months. I achieved BSL one year ago this month and am still waiting to achieve WL; hopefully I'll be there by next summer. If I make it before then I'll let you know ;)

#1 Contributor to Growth?: ( OOPS I MEAN RETENTION, SORRY)
-Growth has been pretty steady; no major contributors. Retention contributors include low manipulation hairstyles (I wear a bun ALL the time LOL), deep conditioning, and staying away from scissors. HTH!!

ETA: I'm short!!

( OOPS I MEAN RETENTION, SORRY)

bablou00

If I get an inch at the end of December I will be "just" touching brastrap. Which will be rt around 14-15 months. I just took a pic today and I noticed that I am about 1 or 1 1/2in from brastrap. Not all of my hair is there yet so I might be cutting when I relax in Feb to even it up to APL. But I was collar length on the sides and layered and my back barely touched my shoulder when I first started. Ive only had one bad setback but no big deal!!!!

writtenthought

If thats YOU in your avator then umm maybe SL unstretched. You look like you have a good APL stretched going on.

Yeah that's me. But I had a big trim shortly after so I'm just collar bone stretched. I think? Don't want to expect to much and than be disappointed I will straighted for my baby 2nd bday on the 17th. I hope sl.

writtenthought

OT: Sum i love ur hair...and ur baby is too cute!!!!!:)

Thanks that's my little Diva. I would kill for her closet.:yep: Thats right after I unravelled 3years old dreadlocs. I had to have a cut after. I was suffering with splits ends and mid shaft splits. I think I have cut most of them out now. Hoping to bsl or at least full apl by dec 08

Blkprincess

I noticed in you blog that you use Hask Placenta treatment, I've used it in the pass as well...have you tried the new one that they have it has olive oil? I being trying to control my PJ demon in me, but I'm going to have to buy and try it

Babygurl

I know there is a thread like this somewhere but I dont feel like looking for it.

#1 Contributor to Retention?

Started out at SL: August 2003
Hit BSL: April 2005
Hit MBL: June 2006
Hit WL: May 2007

MY #1 contributor to Retention was buns/protective styling, I also think consistent deep conditioning, no trims, and avoiding direct heat had plenty to do with retention.

BeautifulFlower

What is Placenta? Does it have anything to do with hormones?

I noticed in you blog that you use Hask Placenta treatment, I've used it in the pass as well...have you tried the new one that they have it has olive oil? I being trying to control my PJ demon in me, but I'm going to have to buy and try it

BeautifulFlower

Started out at SL: August 2003
Hit BSL: April 2005
Hit MBL: June 2006
Hit WL: May 2007

MY #1 contributor to Retention was buns/protective styling, I also think consistent deep conditioning, no trims, and avoiding direct heat had plenty to do with retention.

Thank you for responding.

If you had to start all over again, what would you have done differently?

poookie

What is Placenta? Does it have anything to do with hormones?

it's a nice word for menstrual fluid. but i think the placenta found in hair products comes from horses and cows after they give birth; not humans.

i have NO idea how that's beneficial to the hair... in fact i got an email the other day about the connection between placental material and breast cancer...:ohwell:

BeautifulFlower

it's a nice word for menstrual fluid. but i think the placenta found in hair products comes from horses and cows after they give birth; not humans.

i have NO idea how that's beneficial to the hair... in fact i got an email the other day about the connection between placental material and breast cancer...:ohwell:

:ohwell: Ok well that is scary. I know the Dominicans have great conditioner and all but dang horses and cow after birth, thats a whole other level. But I bet it makes your hair feel great too.:grin:

But after coming off the BC pill but it made my body hurt (I was in pain all the time, by coming off it I probably saved my life), hormones of any kind scare me to death.

almondjoi85

My dominican roommate back in college went to the DR and came back with a deep conditioner that had WHALE SPERM in it! :lachen:I wouldn't use it:nono:, but she loved it.

BeautifulFlower

My dominican roommate back in college went to the DR and came back with a deep conditioner that had WHALE SPERM in it! :lachen:I wouldn't use it:nono:, but she loved it.

Yeah they have some wild stuff. I would see them online and in the store and think to myself, "Maybe they mean Sperm for something else in their country?"

Boy was I wrong.:lachen:

silverlotus

LOL, it's actually not whale sperm. It's oil/fat from the sperm whale. That got clarified in a thread a while back.