Monistat (miconazole nitrate) for growth: UPDATES?

KiniKakes

Hey ladies,

Just wondering how the monistat/miconazole nitrate for growth has been coming along, for the ladies who decided to add this to their regimen after the topic was originally posted back in December.

Ladies, please share any growth in inches that you have achieved, that you feel can be directly attributed to the monistat/miconazole nitrate cream.

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I love it! It made my hair grow faster than MTG! I used neosporin AF. I didn't have the guts to get monistat!:lol: It has the same ingredient...miconazole nitrate. I'm taking a mini break from MTG to see if this product will replace it. I will be posting pics soon!

naturaline

DDtexlaxd said:
I love it! It made my hair grow faster than MTG! I used neosporin AF. I didn't have the guts to get monistat!:lol: It has the same ingredient...miconazole nitrate. I'm taking a mini break from MTG to see if this product will replace it. I will be posting pics soon!
cant wait to see pics! lol

KiniKakes

Wow!!!! Faster than MTG, eh? I plan on getting some this weekend, when i go to the drugstore this weekend! Dont know if i can give up my MTG altogether, but i know some of the ladies have been dissolving the cream in their other oils, while others apply the cream to their scalp in the morning, and oils in the evening. So yeah, i'd like to try to incorporate both somehow.

Thanks for that update!

DDTexlaxed

I don't know how 2 measure my hair. It's tightly curled. What I do know is that when I started neosporin AF u could see my scalp. My hair has grown so fast with this product. I almost didn't believe it. I had to taper off this week, tho cause I ran out.:mad: Anyhoo, I am finding out alot about my hair and how to do differnt styles. Thanks ladies for leaving some how tos in your fotkis.:rosebud:

sareca

MonaRae said:
Are there any measurement involved. I would love to used this in my nape area.

MonaRae

Yep, I measured. It's 1/4 inch. It's actually a little over 1/4 inch now (day 10). I started using it a few weeks ago, but it's really hard to measure such small amounts so waited until my hair was braided.

dlewis

sareca said:
Yep, I measured. It's 1/4 inch. It's actually a little over 1/4 inch now (day 10). I started using it a few weeks ago, but it's really hard to measure such small amounts so waited until my hair was braided.

WOW, I might just have to add this to my regime.

SparklingFlame

dlewis said:
sareca said:

WOW, I might just have to add this to my regime.
Yeah, me too.

sareca

I'm pretty excited. :yay: I'll post pics at 14 days (this Sat). Does anybody else have growth pics? Surely I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
sareca said:
I'm pretty excited. :yay: I'll post pics at 14 days (this Sat). Does anybody else have growth pics? Surely I'm not the only one.

I'm gonna have to braid my hair...I can totally see the difference in length but I'll be able to see it much better if my hair was braided...BTW I love your before and after braids pic!! :p

MonaRae

Sorry for the confusion Ladies but I wanted to know how much neosporin AF would you add to whatever it is you are adding it to?

I am glad to hear of the growth rate, tho.

MonaRae

sareca

EMJazzy said:
I'm gonna have to braid my hair...I can totally see the difference in length but I'll be able to see it much better if my hair was braided...BTW I love your before and after braids pic!! :p

Thanks! :) I didn't believe anything was happening until I got the braids. It's a lot easier to tell how much growth your getting w/ braids.

HoneyDew

MonaRae said:
Sorry for the confusion Ladies but I wanted to know how much neosporin AF would you add to whatever it is you are adding it to?

MonaRae

I don't add it to anything. I just apply it straight.

sareca

MonaRae said:

MonaRae

Hey MonaRae, I added 1 tablespoon of Neosporin to 1oz of my homemade growth oil concoction and shook it. I shake it before each use, cause stuff settles at the bottom. It's not very smooth, but seems to be doing the trick. ;)

DDTexlaxed

Please share your growth oil recipe Sareca. The Neopsporin is great, but it goes too fast.:ohwell: I'm loving the growth from it!:love:

sareca

DDtexlaxd said:
Please share your growth oil recipe Sareca. The Neopsporin is great, but it goes too fast.:ohwell: I'm loving the growth from it!:love:

I haven't gotten to the point where it scares me yet. I'm looking forward to it tho. Right now I'm still thinking, "hurry up and grow!"

sareca

I see what HoneyDew means about becoming obsessed! I've been measuring everyday. It has to stop! With that said, this is the last one until day 14. :sekret: It's a little over 3/8 inch so I switched to measuring in centimeters.

Today I noticed all the fuzzy around my hairline.

Oh and FYI, I won't be taking any more photos with that ruler. It's metal and it hurts like heck trying to hold it still, hold the braid, and take a picture. I'll still post pics, but ya'll gonna have take my word on the exact measurements. Stupid ruler...:swearing: I'm still p/o'd and that was like 10 minutes ago!

Last edited:

Faith

DDtexlaxd said:

So how fast is your hair growing with it? And how fast was it before you started using it?

Faith

sareca said:

1/4 in 10 days so about 3/4" in a month. How much were you getting before?

ekomba

sareca said:

woww nice growth Sareca! you tempting me badly now

Teacake

Congrats to the ladies who are using this. Nice updates, and photos. :)
I might have to try this. There's no smell either? That's definitely a plus.

Teacake

I think I might have some of this stuff in the house already.

Goes to look for Neosporin.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Teacake said:
I think I might have some of this stuff in the house already.

Goes to look for Neosporin.

Make sure it is the Neosporin AF or some other anti-fungal cream. Not the anti bacterial Neosporin salve.

sareca

Teacake said:
Congrats to the ladies who are using this. Nice updates, and photos. :)
I might have to try this. There's no smell either? That's definitely a plus.

Nope. Doesn't smell at all.

Phoenix

sareca said:
Hey MonaRae, I added 1 tablespoon of Neosporin to 1oz of my homemade growth oil concoction and shook it. I shake it before each use, cause stuff settles at the bottom. It's not very smooth, but seems to be doing the trick. ;)

That's the same thing I've been doing. Only I'm using EVOO. I was worried that mixing the Neo AF with oil would dilute it and reduce my results, but I guess not based on your results, Sareca.