Leave In Conditioner and Deep Conditioning

Wolftrap

I want to start deep conditioning my hair weekly and have 2 questions.

1. I use a leave in conditioner for my hair is it too much to deep condition it AND then put in a leave in conditioner after that?

2. Are there any good deep conditioners that anyone recommends?

Cleo

Wolftrap, I always follow my deep conditioner with a leave-in so you should be fine. Leave-ins simply give your hair extra conditioning before styling. They also can aid in detangling. I've been using a leave-in with my DC for 10 years. I like Humecto for deep conditioning, but I'd recommend that you experiment and find which DC works best for your hair. HTH

Wolftrap

Humecto isnt' that the suave conditioner? I did not think that was a deep conditioner but just a regular conditioner. Am I wrong?

NAY007

Yes, the Suave Humecto is just a regular conditioner but when you do it like me...EVERY conditioner can be a deep conditioner. To me the difference between regular conditioning and deep conditioning is simply the time and maybe the deep conditioning treatment will be richer. Let's say I use the Humecto conditioner. Now if I just regular condition (if I don't have time) I leave it on my hair for like two or three minutes and then rinse it out. If I deep condition, which is mostly all the time, I add some carrot or olive oil, put on a plastic cap and leave the mixture on my hair for as long as I have time.
And yes, you can always use a leave in. I use leave in after (deep) conditioning and every morning to dampen my hair before styling. It works just fine.

Tammy

I agree with karezone. Your hair will let you know when something isn't working or isn't quite right. I personally think regular deep conditioning along with a leave-in is essential to the health of our hair. I've been deep conditioning and using a leave-in every week for about 3 months now and after my last touch-up about a month ago, my beautician commented that whatever it was that I was doing, to continue doing it because hair was in great condition. I mean, my hair was healthy before, but the consistency with deep conditioning and using the leave-in up'd the health a couple of notches. Needless to say, I will forever deep condition and use my leave-in every single week.

What I use for deep conditioning: Mizani Moisturefuse, LUST, Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner, and a teaspoon of olive oil all mixed together.

Leave-in: Elucence (above mentioned) diluted.

HTH

Cleo

No, the Humecto is not made by Suave it's the KeraCare line made by Avlon. It can be purchased online, at JCPenney's or various salons. You can use the Humecto as a regular conditioner or a deep conditioner. When I deep condition I simply leave it on for at least 20 minutes with a plastic cap.

The Suave conditioner that I believe you are referring to is Humectant. I thing the conditoner is a 5 out of 10. Nothing great about it.

soulchild

Suave Humectant
KeraCare Humecto
Nexxus Humectress