What Are Some Stupid Things You Did With Your Hair Before LHCF?

Extremus

I heard egg can strengthen your hair, so I whisked and egg and applied it all over my cornrows :)grin:) and left it :blush:

Use to apply baby oil to my hair to make it shiny :look:

your turn :grin:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Oh gosh, where do I start?........

-Wore glue-in weaves
-After about a month in the weave, my edges started to get frizzy. So I'd rip the weave out, slap on a SUPER relaxer from root to tip and leave it on longer than the recommended time. Gotta make sure the edges get straight, right? :perplexed:
-Did I mention that I didn't take any of the glue outta my head? I'd just slap the weave right on top of the old glue. My head was literally one big, sticky, black dreadlock.... But at least my weave looked good :blush:
-The only time I washed my hair was when I relaxed
-Pink Lotion + super hot Gold N Hot curling iron= :cry:

There's plenty more, but I don't wanna give ya'll nightmares

jahzyira

i could remember years ago when i relaxed and if my hair was still frizzy i would re-relax my entire head while my hair was wet and i was using a super lol i fig since my hair was wet the relaxer would go deep into the strands and make my hair even straighter:lachen:

and after i washed the second relaxer out i would blowdry my hair on the highest setting:burning: and flat iron my hair with it turned up to 25 :heated:
and get this.... i would use no products back then cause it was all about the dry wispy wrap i would leave my hair dry for like a week and jus bump my ends to keep them straight i did manage to get to apl lol didnt stay there for long tho :lachen::lachen::lachen:

PuffyBrown

I used pink oil AS a moisturizer infrequently.
I curled my hair with a hot Gold N Hot curling more than once a week, with product in my hair.:wallbash:
I combd through relaxers through all strands of my hair with each relaxer.:wallbash:
Did not regularily moisturize.
Only DCd when I got my touch up:nono::blush:

manegoal

I used hairspray and spritz sometimes so my hair would not fall. Also, I did not moisturize enough and had dandruff flare-ups. Once, I was on a no comb kick and my hair dreaded so mom had to cut me somewhere around shoulder blades. I greased my scalp and rexlaxed all the way to the ends ( I don't know how I kept hair on my scalp).

Last edited:
C

cieramichele

Flat ironed on high with no protection. :sad:
I knew I needed it too. Im so glad I found moisture block.

Tylove101

Flat ironed my hair every single day without heat protectant and always wondered why it would grow past my shoulders..lol

Tylove101

Flat ironed my hair every single day without heat protectant and always wondered why it would grow past my shoulders..lol
Next month will be a year of no heat period! No flat irons, blow dryer, or curling iron and my hair loves it cuz it is growing like crazy!

FlawedBeauty

hmmm...glue in weaves; wrapping my hair, then putting grease around the wrap, then ironing in a circle around my head with my iron :spinning: yes a real iron for clothes :lachen:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
i could remember years ago when i relaxed and if my hair was still frizzy i would re-relax my entire head while my hair was wet and i was using a super lol i fig since my hair was wet the relaxer would go deep into the strands and make my hair even straighter:lachen:

and after i washed the second relaxer out i would blowdry my hair on the highest setting:burning: and flat iron my hair with it turned up to 25 :heated:
and get this.... i would use no products back then cause it was all about the dry wispy wrap i would leave my hair dry for like a week and jus bump my ends to keep them straight i did manage to get to apl lol didnt stay there for long tho :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Oh my damn :thud:

I didn't think ANYONE treated their hair worse than me..... You won! :lachen:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

Glued-in weaves, and yes tiffers, I wouldnt even get all the glue out and just go right back to slopping more glue on top.

I woyuld take the weave out and comb it out with a small tooth comb (tried to get out as much glue as possible) and then I would relax, and yes, i relaxed every four weeks!

I bleached my hair blond on top and red in the back (Keyshia cole inspired).

Oh, and I would change my hair color every 3-4 months

Wash with shampoos with sulfates

I would DC all the time though! (That's about the only thing I did right!)

OOOh, and I would clip my ends, thinking my hair would grow...

AsTheCurlzTurns

Years ago I was using Pink Oil Moisturizer on my hair right before flat-ironing it. Then as I made one pass through my hair, there goes the snap, pop & crackle of the iron with my hair in it and I thought it was fine! I stop doing that after seeing that my ends would try to be sticking to my clothes. Can you said BURNED?!

joyandfaith

Oh gosh, where do I start?........

-Wore glue-in weaves
-After about a month in the weave, my edges started to get frizzy. So I'd rip the weave out, slap on a SUPER relaxer from root to tip and leave it on longer than the recommended time. Gotta make sure the edges get straight, right? :perplexed:
-Did I mention that I didn't take any of the glue outta my head? I'd just slap the weave right on top of the old glue. My head was literally one big, sticky, black dreadlock.... But at least my weave looked good :blush:
-The only time I washed my hair was when I relaxed
-Pink Lotion + super hot Gold N Hot curling iron= :cry:

There's plenty more, but I don't wanna give ya'll nightmares

Oh wee Tiffers! You know the old you needed a time out LOL.

I used to wet my head everyday and pull it into a bun without any type of conditioner, leave-in or oil in it. I always wondered why it was so hard and crunchy at the end of the day. This allowed the nay-sayers to say "see, Black girls aren't supposed to wet their hair so much"

Neith

I would put super relaxer in my hair for 45 mins plus. :lachen:

I would grease my hair everyday and use sponge rollers (then wonder why my hair was so dry and frizzy after a while)

At the times I was natural my hair grew out much better with the grease treatment, but then I would eventually go back to the super relaxer.

I went through a phase where I used the curling iron everyday, with layers of grease on top. :barf:

I would use any old pantene shampoo and conditioner about once a month.

I never deep conditioned.

I would wear cotton scarves every night.
One time I put so much pink oil in my hair my hair looked kinda pink :lachen:

Then slowly I started to improve... thank God!

mscocoface

Wore glue ins for over a year!

When I wanted straight hair either as a relaxed or virgin head I would:

Get under the dryer for 30 minutes
Then blow dry
Then press
Then flat iron
Then curl

This was done at least 2-4 times a month.

Don't let me sweat, either from the sleeping at night, hot weather, etc. It was back to the blow dryer, press, flat iron then curling on a regular basis.

Can you say broken ends!!! I would have to sweep the bathroom floor, kitchen floor, clean off the stove, bathroom counters, tub, etc. There was hair everywhere! This was all done without protection to the hair. :blush:

It is a wonder I kept any hair on my head.

Heat was my FRENEMIE!!!!!!:lachen:

~marti26.

Whew....reading this stuff I'm over here gasping out loud. My kids ran over saying, "what momma, what happened" LOL. Well as for me I neeever deep conditioned, I wouldn't comb my hair for the entire week before my touch up for fear of manipulating my scalp. By the time I got to the salon my stylist would have to rip at it to detangle it. I always used a rattail comb on my shoulder length or longer hair.

~Marti26.

basketballbabe03

Let's see...
  • I thought Deep Conditioning meant leaving conditioners on for 5 mins. I thought I was doing something, lol.
  • The only time I would get my hair washed was when I got a relaxer and i would relax my hair every month.
  • I would flat iron my hair with either pink oil "moisturizer" or water and grease! Talk about fried hair.
  • Used a blow dryer that had no temperature control!! :wallbash: It was frying my hair.
  • Wore a cotton scarf to bed.
  • When I was relaxed, my mom would comb the relaxer though my hair.
  • After a while, I would get tired of my hair not growing and would get braids that were done entirely too tight and leave them in for 2 or 3 months. The whole time, I wouldn't wash my hair or put anything on my braids. When it came time to take them out, I wondered why my hair was so dry and matted. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Harmony0221

Years ago I was using Pink Oil Moisturizer on my hair right before flat-ironing it. Then as I made one pass through my hair, there goes the snap, pop & crackle of the iron with my hair in it and I thought it was fine! I stop doing that after seeing that my ends would try to be sticking to my clothes. Can you said BURNED?!

I did the same thing and swore that sound meant I was getting my hair UBER STRAIGHT! :lachen: If I didn' t hear that sound I added more Pink Oil... Or Curl wax AND Spirtz if I was doing spiral curls...

Fizzy Ends? No problem simply relax your entire head and be sure to comb the relaxer through AND MASSAGE IT INTO THE ENDS! :lachen: They need the most attention :yep: And if it doesn't burn it isn't done yet!

Hair colors: Gold, sunset Gold, Red, Kool Aid Red (yes with Real Kool aid packets. I figured it was natural so it was good for my hair), Copper and back to black!

yup plenty -O- Hair Coonery!

ETA: I NEVER DEEP CONDTIONED BECAUSE I NEVER WANTED TO PAY THE EXTRA $5 @ THE DOOBIE SALON! :lachen:

Last edited:

The Girl

Was a blonde for 6 months (like high yellow/high blonde):nono: and tried to relax it...yeah it all fell out:yep:
Then after I grew it out about an inch, I cut that the remaining blonde out and decided to try a fusion weave...but I did it myself:blush: Cute while I had it but I was impulsive/impatient with my hair and decided to remove it:lachen: Yeah, so I had a big ole bald head after that.:rolleyes:

Extremus

:covereyes:eek2::eek2: :burning: :burning: :burning: :burning:

hmmm...glue in weaves; wrapping my hair, then putting grease around the wrap, then ironing in a circle around my head with my iron :spinning: yes a real iron for clothes :lachen:

:spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning: :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Extremus

I would put super relaxer in my hair for 45 mins plus. :lachen:

I would grease my hair everyday and use sponge rollers (then wonder why my hair was so dry and frizzy after a while)

At the times I was natural my hair grew out much better with the grease treatment, but then I would eventually go back to the super relaxer.

I went through a phase where I used the curling iron everyday, with layers of grease on top. :barf:

I would use any old pantene shampoo and conditioner about once a month.

I never deep conditioned.

I would wear cotton scarves every night.
One time I put so much pink oil in my hair my hair looked kinda pink :lachen:

Then slowly I started to improve... thank God!

OMG!! :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Neith

lol :lol:

It was because my hair just doesn't get straight. Most of my bone straight relaxing experiences have been with hairdressers and even they left it on REALLY long.

In the pic in my siggy is me processed for 20 mins with a super strength.

MrsWatson

I called myself being gentle to hair by using a stocking cap to do my weaves...I would braid my hair going back and use 'pump it up' and a blowdryer on the highest setting to get the stocking cap to stay on and then glue in my weave...when it was time to take it out, i would comb through all the spritz and glue with a rat tail comb...I can still hear the sound of my hair breaking off!

I never deep conditioned. Washed maybe once a month. Never moisturized. Flat ironed everyday that I wasn't in a weave...:nono:
Looking back, im surprised I had any hair at all!

Neith

I called myself being gentle to hair by using a stocking cap to do my weaves...I would braid my hair going back and use 'pump it up' and a blowdryer on the highest setting to get the stocking cap to stay on and then glue in my weave...when it was time to take it out, i would comb through all the spritz and glue with a rat tail comb...I can still hear the sound of my hair breaking off!

I never deep conditioned. Washed maybe once a month. Never moisturized. Flat ironed everyday that I wasn't in a weave...:nono:
Looking back, im surprised I had any hair at all!

Wait.. you would glue the weave in on top of the stocking cap?

I never heard anything like this before, I'm trying to picture it...

bermudabeauty

I have a relaxer and I went swimming without washing my hair out for days. But trust me that is nothing compared to my friend who used to wash her relaxed hair with IRISH SPRING SOAP!! LOL. Now that is funny!!