What is it with Nikos step children?

venusd

That's who I refer as non believers of this hair care journey we are all on. Everytime I mention LHCF to my older sister she almost cringes. She even told her hairdresser, and he says " Well let me look at her hair and I bet I can find 20 things wrong with it" Well sweetie no you're not! I wouldn't let him touch my hair. My sister is 100% natural and he blows her hair bone straight and it hasn't grown an inch in years ( it has but he's scissor happy). I have a problem when others knock you when you try to better yourself in some way, and I don't blame my sister, she didn't go to Beauty school and her hairdresser used to work for Jane Carter, need I say more. I love this board, and it's the only board I can get honest support and opinions about my hair. So, to all Nikos cousins kick those step children to the curb and grow on girl!!! Vent over.....:violin:

brownbeauty196

Alot of people choose to stick with what they know even if its the wrong thing. I stopped telling people about this board a long time ago. My best friend relaxes and colors every 4 weeks and the only product she uses is Blue Magic hair grease. Her is breaking like crazy, she even several small bald spots. Well i gave her advice and even directed her to this board and she quickly dismissed it.:ohwell: Yet my hair is approaching Bsl and she's losing hers and she still won't listen. Oh well :look:

beans4reezy

I hear ya sis. I had to vent a couple of weeks ago myself. You just need to keep caring for your hair, ignore the step children, and keep LHCF to yourself. When the same doubters come back and ask you for advice- let them know that you wouldn't want them to cringe by naming the supportive community that has contributed to your wonderful mane.

Almaz

Well just let them stay bald you can take a horse to water but you cannot make them drink

SEMO

I don't need to say much. My hair's continued growth and health serves as the best advertisement.

MsChelle

The people who laughed at me for co-washing 3-4 times a week, air drying, moisturizing and sealing in the beginning are the very ones that are now asking me to back up and explain what I am doing again......

Pandora1975

On an uplifting note, I told the woman that was ringing me up at Walgreens about this. She noticed I was transitioning, and she's in the middle of doing the same. I emailed her the link, and I hope she's using it. Like I told her, its good to have local support.

Hiya from Pandora if your lurkin! :wave:

*Muffin*

I let those children fall by the wayside a long time ago, lol. I have no time for nay-sayers on my hair journey. It's TBL or bust for me :grin:.

P.S. If they have a legitimate interest in hair-care and aren't trying to insidiously mock me, I have no problem with helping people or telling them about LHCF.

lilsparkle825

I think we all go through this stage when we first see results from LHCF where we wanna tell everyone everything and build them a regimen, tell them yours, etc. -- then they call us crazy nappy headed fools who are all gonna be bald in 6 months. We get our feelings hurt, try to figure out why they don't believe us, then just stop talking about LHCF altogether. Sometimes, if we are lucky, we may find a friend or family member who listens, or whose hair we elect to take care of, and they may become a believer, but that is it.

I am in the "I-don't-talk-about-it" phase. If someone asks me about my hair nowadays, especially if it is one of my relatives, I tell them I stopped using grease and started washing/DCing my hair once a week. They don't need to know anything else.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I have suggested the hair boards for almost 2 years, but no one really listens. For me its my journey, and I am glad that we have so much support on our online communities..

I have friends who I have given great advise, but they refuse to take it.. so instead of getting frustrated, I just view it as their loss.

venusd

I found this site because My sister and I suffer from Seborrhea, well since learning about co-washing and other great reggies I have NO MORE flakes. My sister HAS to wear bangs due to severe discoloration from flaking. As said before, I will do my own thang and show them you can grow African American hair long. Oh and then I will go to her hairdresser;)

hairdrama:{

I let those children fall by the wayside a long time ago, lol. I have no time for nay-sayers on my hair journey. It's TBL or bust for me :grin:.

P.S. If they have a legitimate interest in hair-care and aren't trying to insidiously mock me, I have no problem with helping people or telling them about LHCF.

Precisely!!! :yep:

lucea

That's who I refer as non believers of this hair care journey we are all on. Everytime I mention LHCF to my older sister she almost cringes. She even told her hairdresser, and he says " Well let me look at her hair and I bet I can find 20 things wrong with it" Well sweetie no you're not! I wouldn't let him touch my hair. My sister is 100% natural and he blows her hair bone straight and it hasn't grown an inch in years ( it has but he's scissor happy). I have a problem when others knock you when you try to better yourself in some way, and I don't blame my sister, she didn't go to Beauty school and her hairdresser used to work for Jane Carter, need I say more. I love this board, and it's the only board I can get honest support and opinions about my hair. So, to all Nikos cousins kick those step children to the curb and grow on girl!!! Vent over.....:violin:

Just curious - do tell...what's wrong with Jane Carter?

heyfranz

I told a woman about this site the other day because her 5 year old daughter is my hair twin. She thanked me and asked me again the precise forum name because she wants to grow her hair too. I was so happy. Hope she's here!

Duff

I find that people only listen to you if you have a certain grade of hair. meaning....if your hair is a certain texture that they feel they dont have, they'll dismiss your progress and growth as that is just the type of hair that you have but they cant achieve since they dont have that texture. so I usually dont say anything.

AwesomelyNappy

I think its a lot like dealing with alcoholics. You cant force them to get help, they have to make the first move. They have to want to change.

Same with hair, you can't give real hair advice to someone who isn't ready to "think outside the box (of relaxer)."

like the proverb says, "dont cast your pearls before swine."

diva24

No please do say more. I love her products but if there is shady business going on, I'd like to know. Espceially if Im spending my dollars. :yep:

jazzyto

you can lead a horse to the water but you cant make him drink. I told my two sisters about the hair boards one of which I bought her hair products and a subscripiton to LHCF for her bday and she hasnt logged on in months. she still relaxes every 4 weeks with a box relaxer. My other sister who has a daughter whose hair was jacked up complained about buying the products I suggested for my neices hair.
I'll let my progress do the talking.

Digital Tempest

I don't even try anymore.

I have people both relaxed and natural ask me what I use on my hair, how did it grow so fast, etc, but only one friend (relaxed) has actually benefited from the tips and suggestions that I've offered to them that I've learned from this site and other sites. And she always lets me know how grateful she is that I shared with her and took time to explain everything to her. The rest have decided that I must be crazy and continue to use their practices and their hair continues to break and look unhealthy.

I tried to even share with my grandmother who used to have the most beautiful, naturally red hair you'd ever seen. She actually used to have very good hair practices, but she's fallen to the wayside for some reason. She used to do many of the things that other women on this site do, but now she dismisses all this stuff. So, I just let it go. When they've decided they've had enough, they'll start looking for better ways to care for their hair.

Chrissy811

I no longer bother especially with females they always give me the eye,like this board is a cult or something. I get more response talking to DH about this forum. He actually drove me around to everystore in the Indian area of town until I found my Henna, Vatika oil and what ever else I needed.

Flip to my sister who keeps complaining about the spots on her face, she is really fair and I keep telling her about the lemon sugar scrub, she ignored me bought some type of expensive cream now has a rash on her face. When she saw me last week she asked what I was doing to my face and I told her the lemon sugar scrub. And what makes it bad I still think she won't do it.:nono::nono:

Oh well she has free will.