Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Oil Relaxer - Reviews Please

AtlantaJJ

I was in Sally's and just happened to walk past the relaxers and noticed this new addition to the Silk Elements Line...

The list of ingredients made me think that the makers of the Silk Elements line of products reads our forum!

Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Propylene 60, Sodium Hydroxide, Laneth-15, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Joba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkis (Shea Butter), Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-75 Lanolin, Hydrolyzed Silk

Has anyone used this to texlax? What has been your experience so far? Thanks in advance for your responses...I'm very curious :scratchch

SelfStyled

I got really good results, my hair was silky yet strong. Things went great until I hit about the 5 week post mark and then I started to shed like a dog. It was scary. I have heard of this happening with others that have used it too, but then for others it works like a charm. It would have been a keeper for me if it weren't for the shedding.

AtlantaJJ

I got really good results, my hair was silky yet strong. Things went great until I hit about the 5 week post mark and then I started to shed like a dog. It was scary. I have heard of this happening with others that have used it too, but then for others it works like a charm. It would have been a keeper for me if it weren't for the shedding.
I wonder what on earth would cause shedding. Was it from the root bulb or was it broken hairs?

What brand do you use to texlax? I think your strands are thicker than mine. Mine are rather fine.

AtlantaJJ

Girl- it was from the root, let me see if I can find that old thread........

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/archive/index.php/t-119632.html

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=2204951

ETA, also you are right my individual strands are quite thick, my hair just appears thin due to density.
Thank you so much for posting those threads. I have to go out and do yard work, but I'll read when I'm done.

I wonder if you had an allergic reaction of some sort to an ingredient in that relaxer :scratchch