Hot Oil Treatment - Before or After Shampoo?

Glib Gurl

I just bought some Queen Helene Hot Oil Treatment stuff. The package says to apply to hair after shampooing and towel drying . . . then to rinse and style as usual. Um, what about the conditioning? (Or is that supposed to be the conditioning?)

Would it be wrong to use the hot oil treatment pre-poo, then shampoo, then condition, and then use a leave-in conditioner?

Proudpiscean

My hair only likes hot oil treatments as a pre-poo. Otherwise it seals out moisture and becomes dry and unmanagable :nono:

Proudpiscean

Glib Gurl said:
I just bought some Queen Helene Hot Oil Treatment stuff. The package says to apply to hair after shampooing and towel drying . . . then to rinse and style as usual. Um, what about the conditioning? (Or is that supposed to be the conditioning?)

Would it be wrong to use the hot oil treatment pre-poo, then shampoo, then condition, and then use a leave-in conditioner?

That's how I do it.

Ambitious1013

Glib Gurl said:

I do the same thing also! :)

Geminigirl

can u use oil and then cowash or do you have to poo to remove residue? I am looking to make my hair shiner any suggestions?

NashT

can u use oil and then cowash or do you have to poo to remove residue? I am looking to make my hair shiner any suggestions?

I would like to know this also. I've done this routine and my hair came great but, I wanna know if anyone else does it this way.

MissNina

Libra Girl
My old stylist always did hot oil treatments on me after shampoo and conditioner.
(FTR, the only reason she is now my old stylist is b/c I was a minor and my mom got tired of her unreliability. She was great - my hair was the healthiest ever and a little shy of BSL with her.)

Hot40

If you follow the instructions on the package it will leave a heavy amount of oil in your hair. I wet the hair put the hot oil on shampoo then condition.

years ago I was doing this once a week for severe dandruff/Psoriasis
This helped a lot.

Hey my 100th post.

Last edited:

*fabulosity*

Thanks ladies ... I got the Nutrine Garlic Hot Oil treatment and I didn't know what to do... I'll wet the hair and use as prepoo...what do we think about overnight?