Highest Biotin dosage recommended?

Chandalicious87

I heard puritan's pride was a really good brand, and they have really good deals on thier website. I don't know whats the highest dosage you can take, I take 5000 mcg a day, but I heard of some people taking 10,000 mcg.

Miel

Yeah, that's what I heard too (about PP). I went to their website and they do have great deals. Now I'm wondering about the Biotin shampoo! I am such a PJ!

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Miel said:
Yeah, that's what I heard too (about PP). I went to their website and they do have great deals. Now I'm wondering about the Biotin shampoo! I am such a PJ!

I've been using the biotin shampoo - it has given my fine tresses much volume and that's only in 2 washing sessions! :eek: I will be using it for 2 weeks straight to see how much volume I can get.

lisana

I take 5,000. some people take a lot less and have breakouts, headaches, etc. I guess it just depends on the individual. But I wouldn't go above 10,000 unless someone else does it first and lives to sing the praises of taking 65,000 mcg/day! :)

GeorginaSparks

Ive taken 5000 mcg when i was taking it. I remember there was someone that was taking 10,000 but i dont remember who it was. Either on here or other hair boards

Miel

Thanks ladies! Puritan Pride at 10,000 mcg (10mg) is what i've decided on. I'll plan to post in 1 month about usage/outcome.

Miel

Miel said:
Thanks ladies! Puritan Pride at 10,000 mcg (10mg) is what i've decided on. I'll plan to post in 1 month about usage/outcome.

Keeping my word to update as promised but I've only been taking the Biotin for 2 weeks now. Too soon to notice any growth but I haven't had any skin or cycle problems as of yet. As for the cycle, I know it's too soon to tell. But as for the skin, I have SUPER SENSITIVE SKIN so any changes that would have occurred would be prevalent by now but so far I'm good to go!

RabiaElaine

I'm taking Puritan's Pride 5mg. I think I'm going to try 10mg in a week or so.

....Must reach BSL by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :grin:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'm with you, Rabia! I'm determined to reach APL and more by the time I go home for Christmas this year. I'm only a couple of inches from full APL so that should be PLENTY of time, also considering that I'm stretching relaxers, eating healthy, exercising, drinking TONS of water. God, if these strategies don't work, I don't know what will...:look:

gymfreak336

Biotin so far has no known toxicity in humans. I am not saying take an handful of it but the highest amount I have known of someone taking is 15mg a day.

SpiritJunkie

i take 5g's and the only effect is that i have a couple of hairs growing on my chin...so i assume that it is also working on my head. :grin:

KiniKakes

MissMadaam said:
I think kinikakes takes 10g=10,000 mcg of Biotin

Actually 12.5 mg!!! :lol: However, i built up to this slowly, over time increasing by 2.5 mg. 12.5 mg is as far as i'll take it.