*-*-*2011 Baggy Challenge*-*-*

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I usually sit on the sidelines on these challenges and watch from a distance but darnit, I guess I'm in! I'm trying to retain length because it seems I've been at SL for the last 100 years or so:lachen:

I just Cw'd, and I'm using Rusk Sensories Smoother leave in with Chi SI and sealing with grape seed oil. I'll try to baggy 4-5 days/overnite. I'm forcing myself to wear my itsy bitsy bun (I hate it!) as I gain length cause I can't seem to get my head around a phony pony. I'm trying to grow out a texturizer (@ 9 weeks post) and I'm looking forward to celebrating some level of success by Christmas:yep:

Relaxed/Texlaxed,texurized Ladies, what are you doing to baggy overnight and not wake up with a HAM?

I ponytail baggy and braid the end or set it on a roller, that way in the morning I have either texture or a sleek ponytail. I lightly mositurize it and lightly oil also and just the ponytail. Thats what works for me!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Moisturized with Claudie's Satin Moisturizer and massaged Elixer into my scalp.

I'll be doing GHE tonight. :grin:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Not actively participating in this challenge but I baggy my ends nightly. I have been doing this for well over a year and my ends love it. Good luck to all!

kupenda

Baggying with LUSH R&B moisturizer followed by grapeseed oil while cleaning up around the house

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Rhetta

I ponytail baggy and braid the end or set it on a roller, that way in the morning I have either texture or a sleek ponytail. I lightly mositurize it and lightly oil also and just the ponytail. Thats what works for me!

Thanks. For the past couple days I've been sporting the fuzzy, slightly wavy look with my micro-bun (NOT CUTE!) I'm trying desperately not to put any heat in my hair, not even under the hood dryer, for at least 8 weeks, plus I've got around 2" of new growth. I'm loving baggying cause my hair feels so healthy and soft and it seems like it will stop my breakage and shedding (so far). I put my hair in 4 braids after M&S and weari a satin scarf over my plastic cap overnight so there's no tension to smooth down my hair. Am I doing this backwards?

I'm 4b and moisture shrinks and kinks my hair. I'll suffer through the "OMG! What's up with your hair?" stares for a little while:perplexed but it would be great if I could step up my game. have you used any kind of gel? Can you recommend one that won't build up quickly or flake?

Thank you ZebraPrint Lover,

I just spent some time lurking on the Bunning Challenge thread as well. Took a minute but, now I've got it! Still kinda new to the baggying and bunning thing. BTW, you ladies over there are rocking those buns! They are all very lush and lovely!:lick:

Last edited:

tiffers

Made a yummy mix of Claudie's Isha and Grandma Louise Pomade :love: and massaged Elixer into my scalp. :lick:

I'll be doing GHE tonight. :yep:

MyCoilsGoBoing

I'm so late. Since cold weather will be approaching soon, I'm trying to amp up my moisture, and retain some length while I'm at it. Right now, I'm loving bunning, and I'd like to incorporate baggying into my regimen.

I'm doing the plastic bag+scarf, and I'm moisturizing with african royale daily docltor and putting kemi oyl on my ends.

Rossy2010

Last week I GHE'd every night and my hair feels so good. I will GHE every night this coming week as well.
I will use a mix of Grapeseed and EVOO.

~Vintage Queen~

Baggied last night with spray but think I will have to go back to GHA my hair as this seems to work better.
Need to make some silk/satin hats though as my scarves keep coming off.:-(

Enjoy today ladies.

~Vintage Queen~

Baggied last night with spray but think I will have to go back to GHA my hair as this seems to work better.
Need to make some silk/satin hats though as my scarves keep coming off.:-(

Enjoy today ladies.

A shower cap before my scarf seems to do the trick. I 'm also going to sleep under my (faux) fur quilts instead.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I'm in!......if I haven't said that before. Lol. I lightly spritzed my hair with my mix (aloe vera juice/glycerin/honeyquat/SAA/hydrolysed wheat protein/BFH honey apricot ginger LI) and covered my head in saran wrap. This leads to moisturised hair in the am. :D happy happy, joy joy!!

toiatoya

Ghe #1 o' the week tonite. Happy bagging ladies!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

tiffers

Moisturized with Claudie's Balancing Cream mixed with Grandma Louise Pomade, then massaged Elixer into my scalp.

I'll be doing GHE tonight.

Last edited:

Bajanmum

Hi all,

Washed my hair with Giavanni's TTTT shampoo yesterday. Had a protein and DC treatment, then twisted with Qhemet AOHC and AHTB. Last night I baggied with what's on my hair and can reveal that my hair is as soft as butter. :giggle:

tiffers

Moisturized with Claudie's Quinoa Cream mixed with Grandma Louise Pomade, then massaged Elixer into my scalp.

I'll be GHE'ing tonight. :drunk:

tiffers

Moisturized with Claudie's Leave-In Spray topped with a mix of Isha Cream and Grandma Louise Pomade. :love:

Massaged Elixer into my scalp and I'll be doing GHE tonight. :grin:

Bajanmum

I bought Dabur Amla oil yesterday, so last night I used whipped ends and sealed with the Amla. My hair is soft, but I'd really like to see the long term benefits soon.

Seamonster

Sealed with castor oil, used grease on scalp and ends. My hair feels soft already, will see in the morning after I remove the baggy

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
tiffers - DAMN YOU & THAT CLAUDIE'S!!!! She did let me place an order over the weekend, but I think she shut it down!.

Need some advice to get back in the game - I installed kinky twist - all by myself, first time, and I am sooo proud of me. How can I GHE/baggie? I was thinking just saran wrap the top part of my head, leave extention hair loose? Or a shopping bag on whole head, but may be too noisy for sleeping. Anyone GHE/baggie with extensions?

~Vintage Queen~

^^^ Would love to know the answer too.

Didn't baggy/gha my hair last night but will baggy with spritz and sfo to seal. Hope my 'rows are moist in morning.

Have fun/good night's ladies.

Actually, how many if any of you are from UK?
I'm usually on here in evening/at night GMT.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
hey ladies! @Golden75 and @~Vintage Queen~ I am currently in single braids with extensions and I GHE on a regular basis. I style my hair how i wish to have it the following day, then use saran wrap to wrap around the edges and the top of my head. So my extension ends are bunched together in a pony at the back of my head. I don't bother to wrap all the way to the ends, cause my hair isn't that long. So in the morning, my hair is moist AND well set in the style. Hope my description isnt too wacky. Let me know if u need a pic.

Rhetta

I don't think my hair has ever been this consistently soft and manageable. Baggying and bunning are working wonders for me still (so far). I'm losing about 20-30 strands at the most thru shedding and breakage combined, versus well over a hundred I was losing on a daily basis.

I spritz with water/Rusk Sensories Smoother Leave In and seal with a mixture of Chi SI, grape seed oil and, Wondergro Pure Sulfer. Then, smooth my NG with Jamaican Mango & Lime No More Relaxer New Growth Creme.

I ain't 'gon lie my bun still ain't cute, but it's neat and when I take it down at night to M&S and baggy, it feels so...:lick:!

I'm officially excited now!:grin: