Wendy Williams' Real Hair!!

Healthb4Length

It looks like her hair to me. It's so funny that it's hard to believe on this site...that tries to break the stereotype and when we see someone with long hair we doubt it. Go figure! :rolleyes:

I work with a lady who has the same thyroid problem as Wendy. She has Dreds, she bleaches and her hair looks similar to Wendys'. The hair has a strange, dry/course texture (regardless of hair type) and feel to it but it is still long, it's thin but long and fragile.

Go 'head Wendy! No hateration here, she can easily fix the condition of her hair dramatically by not bleaching anymore and using less heat for awhile.

It's not too healthy but I love the length!

DivaD04

What the h-e-double hockey sticks is going on...she needs to fire who ever does her hair if not herself. I think she needs to get a lhcf account or if she already have one...take the time out and read alot of what the laies here are doing to nourish and apply it to her crop. My Godsis has a thyroid condition as well and her hair is full and on its way to apl. Yall don't beat me up 2 bad b/c I know everone's body is different, I know. For that crop to be so damn thin of course she's adding to get BIG hair. Plus she needs a makeup artist.:rolleyes::grin:

On second thought:
By the way I'm not hating on the length...skeptical, but I'll give her the power fist and say right on sista...but I still think she can use lhcf...maybe if any of you know her drop a line or 2 and tell her about this site, she might find it useful.

Last edited:

ILYandY

IMO if its her hair or not it really don't make a difference because the rest of her look is the center of attention not her hair which in many ways scares me. No I'm not hating I just don't seen many women with her unique look.

I just was thinking back when her stylist gave out his information and prices on the radio I can't but help to think of him like I do when it comes to Ellin Lavar and her being the self convicted murderer of Susan Taylor's hair line:blush: Both of them are on my black list and do not ever call list.

ILYandY

IDK WHY MOST PPL ARE BEING SO NEGATIVE. I'M SURE IF I JUST TOOK A BUNCH OF HAIR EXENSIONS OUTTA MY HAIR TO SHOW SOME ONE MY MESS WOULD BE LOOKIN ROUGH TOO. EVERYONE IS ACTIN LIKE SHE TOOK THESE PICTURES TO SHOW HER LONG BEAUTIFUL HAIR OR SOMETHING...IF SHE WENT TO THE SALON OR SOMETHING AND HAD IT DONE IM SURE IT WOULD LOOK 100x better (just realized i had CAPS lock on and not typin all that over lol) than after just pullin it from under her weave. i'm not even gonna front, i have seen some messed up heads in here and ppl posting sayin 'ohh great progress' or other stuff knowin good and durn well they are prolly hittin post and thinkin the same things posted in this thread right now.

i have to ask, if this was an LHCF member and she just posted these same pics in a thread titled: "i just made waist length, woohoo!!!" would we be seeing any of these comments being posted right now? I highly doubt it, all we would see is a bunch of posts congratulating her on her length I'm sure :rolleyes:

yeah its so true but you have to remember Wendy is fair game because she has been on the radio for years talking about people, so why should we change our true thoughts and be nice not only that but someone said "if you don't have anything nice to say I guess don't say anything well if the original poster wanted people to be nice then it should have been post as so.

What about the first amendment not to get deep but we do have rights or does this forum has its own rights when it comes to comes freedom of speech and if it do please post it immediately so I can bounce maybe lurk ok dammit lurk. WENDY IS FAIR GAME TO ALL PEOPLE.

Sorry for the Hijack

DivaD04

is there an update on WW's hair. I'm watching her show right now....and I have to admit...this what looks to be a tricolor effect...looks soooo yummy! So, I'd like to know, any new info on her hair?

SaucyWow

Dying your hair blonde like that can make anyone "look" pale. Look at the wife on The Crews reality show. She looks HORRIBLE! It washes out your color. Yeah that's Wendys real hair. I remember when she did the big "reveal" on the radio. It's very thin so I don't envy her hair at all. She needs to chop it off and stop dying it blonde. Now her sister Wanda has nice thick hair.

I don't know if you all watch Americas Top Model but there was a girl on there with a short wig on and she took it off and has a head full of long "Oprah" hair. lol It's gorgeous. My point is, just b/c someone wears a weave or wig does not mean that they're bald headed underneath. Some people like to switch it up a bit or just don't like their thinning hair.

Miss AJ

If her hair is already naturally thin then her bleaching it blonde is not helping. I wonder how well she is taking care of it under all them wigs...

BostonMaria

Oh wow!

I've seen pictures of her hair when she was younger, but I didn't know she was hiding all that!!! Don't like the color, but the length is gorgeous

beans4reezy

I remember when I saw these photos on her website and being shocked it was so long. I have also seen childhood pictures of her and she always rocked two really long pigtails. Her texture in those photos looked like it is in the 3's. So I believe this is her hair.

It is really thin and looks damaged though. She could grow a beautiful head of hair if she used healthy hair care practices.

Bachelorette

She has mentioned before that she's natural and she wears wigs mostly cos her thyroid issues (note her eye balls) makes her hair very thin so she avoids leaving it out

Kellum

She has mentioned before that she's natural and she wears wigs mostly cos her thyroid issues (note her eye balls) makes her hair very thin so she avoids leaving it out

Yeah I remember her saying that on her show. She said her was baby fine and she doesn't relax it.

prettyinpurple

IMO if its her hair or not it really don't make a difference because the rest of her look is the center of attention not her hair which in many ways scares me. No I'm not hating I just don't seen many women with her unique look.

I just was thinking back when her stylist gave out his information and prices on the radio I can't but help to think of him like I do when it comes to Ellin Lavar and her being the self convicted murderer of Susan Taylor's hair line:blush: Both of them are on my black list and do not ever call list.

Oh no Ellin Lavar does Susan Taylor's hair! Adding her to my never call list too. :perplexed

Country gal

It's her hair but she says it is paper thin. She says she has "good hair" but it ain't good to her because it is so thin.

luckiestdestiny

Not bad, not bad at all, Wendy.....

Thyroid issues will thin out your hair like that - and I'm sure the bleaching isn't helping either (I KNOW she's not claiming that's her natural color!) and she's not relaxed - *nod* That's most likely the only thing saving her hair as it is now - I hope she gets her thyroid regulated - that helps, I've heard.

It does to an EXTENT only. I have grave's (a thyroid disease) and am now balanced from radioactive iodine induced hypo taking synthroid and cytomel. It still swings low sometimes and I have to be adjusted, and my hair gets brittle again. It's still fake hormone and your body does not utilize it the same way. I've found that my hair is dryer and I have to go out of my way to keep it strong. If she doesn't know how to do that then she's lucky to have hair on her head. I've known people with my condition who I kid you not buzz it all off, and have low fades because their hair breaks so much. Heck I myself buzzed mine off and grew it out anew just because of this (I wanted to get rid of my relaxer and see if I could strengthen my hair from the start).

I've found for me, I need really deep moisturizing conditioners constantly, and good moisturizers, and oils (coconut for strengthening and moisture, avocado for it's light protein strength, and I'm also liking argan oil lately), and then cholesteral helps too (medium/to strong protein conditioners make my already brittle prone hair break. Major setback trying protein packs even adding moisturizing conditioners after, it's just a no no). It really was through trial and error that I succeeded. Most advice I learned here was counter productive (stronger protein!) to my progress, so I had to adjust for my condition. Now My fine hair (with lots of dense strands) is doing fine and my hair looks pretty thick. But I understand how women with thyroid conditions barely have hair on their heads, and it's not their fault. It's hormonally related.

I do agree she should probably stop dying it, and perhaps stop relaxing (or at the least tex lax so that she can keep it in a stronger state):yep:

Last edited:

CurliDiva

This looks FAKE to me....not becasue it is long, but because her hairline is so thin it loks "strange" that her hair which is processed and bleached to such a light blond would be so thick (not dense) just thick yet missed a hairline.

I would suspect that her hair would look more like Tyra - thin all over.

I realy don't care one way or other, but my vote is that it is fake like her boobs.

afrikurl

I also love Wendy... how you doin? She also mentioned that being menopausal has caused her hair to thin. I'm glad her hair is to her waist no matter how many strands make it there. You betta believe if I get one strang to touch my waist, I'm having a party!

silenttullip

Don't her edges look EXTREMELY thin? I'm glad for her length but I rather have healthy hair and then long because if the health area lacks the length will follow

LeNghtyDreAms

its her real hair, she mentions it on a show that her hair is really long but due to genetics it grows in really fine and thin so she prefers to wear wigs and pieces. Wendy is mixed ya'll thats why she's so pale, no make-up to brown her up! lol

lynnstar

its her real hair, she mentions it on a show that her hair is really long but due to genetics it grows in really fine and thin so she prefers to wear wigs and pieces. Wendy is mixed ya'll thats why she's so pale, no make-up to brown her up! lol

Wendy has two Black parents.

Shoediva

Yeah she does have 2 black parents. Take a gander at her mom when she is on the show. I bet her grandparents are caucausion or some other non black ethnicity. Wendy Williams has always said her hair became thin when she was in college. To add a Thyroid condition on top of thin hair is not cute. The side effect to a lot of the medications that one has to take for LIFE is hair loss.

My mom has Thyroid disease. She had her thyroid removed 5 years ago and has to take medication and she has bald patches all over her head due to that medication.

Last edited:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Wa-yell....her hair is longer than mine. It's longer than quite a few people's. Sooo....:look:

I agree that it doesn't look very good, but if she has a condition, then she gets a pass. I'm really surprised that people are going hard on her like this too, because there are ladies here who have hair issues because of genetics, medication, or unbalanced thyroids and it'd be unthinkable to talk ish about their hair. It's not something that they can really control. So why is it okay to make fun of Wendy's hair then?

And as a matter of fact, she gets more than a pass, because if she isn't taking care of it and has a thyroid condition, and she's still retained so much length, then she better go ahead with her bad self. Because there are perfectly healthy people bending over backward, doing somersaults, protectively stylinG, DCing, cowashing errydamnday, taking all kinds of supplements and vitamins, using all kinds of herbs and spices, and running ten miles a day to have hair as long as that, and they still don't have it.

So go head on, Wendy...I shake you warmly by the hand. :lachen:

Last edited:

mush211

Wow!!! It's LONG. I love to c celebs with long hair cuz u always swear that since they all wear weaves and wigs that they don't have any hair

Solitude

I think it's really commendable for her to show her real hair. I thought her edges were thin due to lace fronts, but the other explanations make sense as well.

I don't think Wendy Williams gives a care about people's comments. She would never be as big of a success as she is if she worried about what people think. I'm wouldn't classify myself as a fan, but I can see how she became so popular.