I put a texturizer in my natural hair...

femalegold

and my hair hasn't been the the same since. I have 4b natural hair and I have fallen in love with my natural hair. I have always had shrinkage! When I washed my hair I would get little spiral curls all over my head which I loved. Not anymore :sad:! I have ruined my hair and I don't want to cut it and start over I'm going on 2 years and it takes it a while to grow back. Hellllllllllllp!!

Any suggestions!! If it all comes down to it I will start over, but I don't want to.

femalegold

I will add I have cut down some on my hair I put the texturizer in about 5 months! Thanks melissa-bee I knew that but didn't want to face it and thought maybe there was a little hope at saving my hair without cut it off and starting over. Its not bad bad my curls aren't popping like they use to I still have a few. I think I'll just let it continue growing out and cut down a little bit at the time.

DivaD04

whats wrong with the texturizer? either you tex'd your hair with texture all over....some springage action or you left it on too long and it's just straight. is it just frizzy all over? what's wrong with your hair? maybe pictures of your hair would help for advice.
otherwise protective styles for a year.

femalegold

whats wrong with the texturizer? either you tex'd your hair with texture all over....some springage action or you left it on too long and it's just straight. is it just frizzy all over? what's wrong with your hair? maybe pictures of your hair would help for advice.
otherwise protective styles for a year.

I believe I left it on to long! I did cut the straight part off. I put the texturizer on 5 months ago. It is also very frizzy looking after it dries. I think I'm going to wear wigs for about 4 months and see if it will growout so I can cut it down and until I cut all the texturizer out of my hair.

BonBon

How loose did you let the coil get?

If you dont want to flat iron or do twist outs, and the texlaxed hair looks a hot mess on top of the NG then theres not much you can do.

If you more concerned with getting your texture back right now(!!!) than length the only way you can do is big chop. Personally I texlaxed but my hair is resistant so it doesn't look too different to the new growth, If I want my natural hair back I would grow it out then cut because losing length is not for me.

If it was damaged and splitting I would BC though or start again in some way.

GodivaChocolate

I would do some protein treatments but don't over do it. Make sure u put moisture back into your hair. Protein should bring back some of your definition. Also, try using a curl creme, like a miss jessies or noodle head curl creme( at Sally's). You apply when hair is soaking wet and let air dry. This may help also.

Desarae

Well if you're looking for the texture to go back to the way it was you're out of luck. You can either learn to love your texturized hair, or transition back to natural.

silenttullip

my best advice do braids or twists and as time goes on it will fade as you wash it. I had a texturizer once before going natural but it had no effect. I wouldn't advise u to cut it.

femalegold

Thank you all ladies I'm going to try the noodle head curl creme at Sally's as GodivaChocolate suggested and I started trimming down a little but not much I think I will try some of the suggestions. It did not make it straight but you can tell my curl pattern is not the same.

Tybi

Hi femalegold I am sorry this happened to you.

I see you did your texturizer 5 months ago. I was curious about that b/c I did my texturizer last December and was not too crazy about it at first. I had the frizz and dryness too, and had no idea how to style it.

Now almost a year later I can finally enjoy it, but I am still going to grow it out. Like another poster said, make sure you are doing regular protein treatments, that has helped me tremendously. Also porosity control has helped with the frizziness and tangling.
Most importantly, good styling products have saved me so much headache. I had to turn into an ultimate PJ, but I finally found a combination that accentuates my curls while keeping my hair frizz free. ( Garnier Triple Nutrition condish left in with LA Looks of Fantasia Gel on top).

Hopefully you can find some balance that works for you so you wont have to start all over again!:yep:

KrystalClear

I can relate with you, I did this too. I just recently cut off about 3-5 inches hair ... I felt RELIEVED though because I missed my natural hair texture and those stringy texturized pieces were a HOT MESS. My natural texture is wonderful and I vow to never do that again. I was so fed up with detangling my thick hair that I gave up on it and did the texturizer.

My advice is like most of the other ladies, transition back to natural and never do that again. It's okay though, this is a journey and we alllll have had our ups and downs! HTH!

femalegold

Hi femalegold I am sorry this happened to you.

I see you did your texturizer 5 months ago. I was curious about that b/c I did my texturizer last December and was not too crazy about it at first. I had the frizz and dryness too, and had no idea how to style it.

Now almost a year later I can finally enjoy it, but I am still going to grow it out. Like another poster said, make sure you are doing regular protein treatments, that has helped me tremendously. Also porosity control has helped with the frizziness and tangling.
Most importantly, good styling products have saved me so much headache. I had to turn into an ultimate PJ, but I finally found a combination that accentuates my curls while keeping my hair frizz free. ( Garnier Triple Nutrition condish left in with LA Looks of Fantasia Gel on top).

Hopefully you can find some balance that works for you so you wont have to start all over again!:yep:

OMG, Thank you so much tigerlily21! I'm glad things worked out for you! Yes, I will take the advise that you and some of the other ladies have given out.

femalegold

I can relate with you, I did this too. I just recently cut off about 3-5 inches hair ... I felt RELIEVED though because I missed my natural hair texture and those stringy texturized pieces were a HOT MESS. My natural texture is wonderful and I vow to never do that again. I was so fed up with detangling my thick hair that I gave up on it and did the texturizer.

My advice is like most of the other ladies, transition back to natural and never do that again. It's okay though, this is a journey and we alllll have had our ups and downs! HTH!

NaturalBrownBarbie,

I have truely learned my lesson and will not do this again. I have detangling issues as well.

2sweetnsugarland

Femalegold: The only thing I have in my hair is texturizer and I love it!!! Don't cut your hair and start all over again. If your hair is not like you want it bun it up/pull it back until it starts acting like you want it to. It sounds like you may have left the texturizer in your hair too long. If that is the case and your hair is straight in some places and curly/nappy in others I would try to use Wet n Wavy Wet Gel or Leave-In Conditioner by Bonfi Natural. You can get this at any neighborhood hair store. This is for synthetic and natural hair weaves. Don't let that scare you! My hair is not weaved and I use it all the time. This will help put some curl "back" in your hair until it grows out the way that you want it to. Also you can try Glossing Polish by Proclaim [Sally's]. I'm sure one of these products will help you get the look you are going for. Good luck!!!