• GNC Hair, Skin and Nails

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • GNC Ultra Nourish Hair

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Different Vitamin Supplement

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, I'm new to this forum, I've been a lurker for quite some time now, and I've decided to become an official member. I cut my hair last year and went natural and I haven't seen as much growth as I have wanted. I'm considering taking a vitamin to help boost my hair growth and would love any suggestions that you guys have. I was looking into purchasing a GNC product as a base either the Ultra Nourish Hair or the Hair, Skin, and Nails. Which product would you guys recommend, and are they any other vitamin supplements you would recommend to improve overall hair growth and health.
Thanks In Advance

MzOptimistic

Hi, I take 2 nioxin recharging complex...these vitamins along with others vitamins are helping my hair grow faster.:)

MzOptimistic

NaturalCornellian08 said:
Thanks for the quick responses, i should have also asked what dosage of each supplement you are taking. Thank you all again

I take 2 nioxin recharging complex vitamins, 2 puritan pride biotin 2,000 mcg, 1 b50 complex, and 2 evening primrose oil 2,000 mcg. You'll get more responses shortly...some ladies take MSM, Flaxseed Oil, among other vitamins...but those are the vitamins that I take..:)

texasqt

I take GNC Ultra Nourish Hair and Women's Ultra Mega.
Be sure to read the labels before you make your decision because they do contain different amounts of stuff you may like to have.

Jay

I've been taking GNC Ultra Nourish since Aug 1 and I can't really tell if they've helped because I only took 1 a day. I just recently started taking the recommended 2 pills so I hope to get the results that other people have gained. I also take 1 Biotin a day that equals 1,500 mcg. I've been taking biotin since February and I know it definitely works!!

Shaley

amr501 said:
Yeah, I tend to remember my dreams much more clearly now.....there is some truth to that.

I agree on this as well... There is definitely an effect on my dreams when I'm taking MSM.

I like Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin, & Nails.

bluediamond0829

erin558 said:
is it true that MSM gives you lucid dreams?

everytime i start trying to take MSM even if i am taking a short nap im dreaming about something crazy and that doesnt make any sense when i wake up and think about it....

im taking some skin hair and nails pills i got from walmart right now trying to see how those work..i have so many vitamins but i havent been consistent with any of them...so i cant really say which work...

but if i wanted to go back to basics then i would say prenatal vitamins, biotin and vitamin e..that was my 1st set of vitamins that worked when my hair broke off really bad...along with having it in braids and using ORS fertilizer balm twice daily...

one of my coworkers was telling me she takes some from GNC but all she could tell me was that they were in a purple bottle and how it made her hair grow(but then again i havent seen her hair in a style or something to write home and brag about either, but i guess to her she has come a long way just by taking these vitamins)....

MsAngie

GNC's Ultra Nourish Hair is awesome; I only take one, though. When I take 2, I get a major headache possibly from the MSM...:confused: I certainly get a lot of growth from it and the other vitamins I take.

I take GNC Ultra Nourish hair and Nioxin hair vitamins twice daily. I've been doing this for about six weeks and my hair is at least .75" longer (I removed my braids last night and measured it). I'm also noticing a difference in my nails. They're stronger and are growing at a faster rate. Hopefully this will continue for both my hair and nails.

chiprecious

Chardai said:
I like Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin, & Nails.

I second that!!! These in combo with borage oil makes my nails soo long they look fake. I feel if it's affecting my nails like that, it has to help the hair...right??? Plus when I remember (since I have super dry hair, 4B) I also take 2 tbls of ground flax seeds a day. That makes my skin glow, which I also think benefits my hair.

Robin41

I only take 1 UNH a day and it's done wonders for not only my hair but my skin and nails too. I've been doing this since around October and really started seeing results around the first of the year.

Pandoras Box

i take GNC utra nourish, biotin (2 additional tablets, for a total of 7500mg including what is in ultra nourish) and MSM.

and i can attest to the lucid dreams. i thought it was carrying over from my pregnancy until i read here that is one of the side effects. sometimes i wake up and have to turn on the lights to soothe myself after these crazy dreams. LOL

janda

I am new also. I am waiting for my Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin and Nails but they are on backorder at HSN. In the meantime, I'm taking his Essentials 1 vitamin which is a multi-vitamin with 500 mcg Biotin. I'm supplementing that with 1000mcg Biotin and a Glucosamine/MSM vitamin with 1000mg of MSM.

I have a question. Are people taking a hair,skin and nails vitamin IN ADDITION to a multi-vitamin? Is there anything I should be concerned about by doing this?