Ladies with shoulder length hair, how do you put up your hair at night?

Ladylynn

I'm trying to break away from wrapping because it leaves my hair with out body, and rollers because they are a pain to sleep on and may cause more harm than good. I was thinking about pulling my hair up on the top of my head and putting one roller up there. I'm not sure if it will work. The bottom pieces may be too short to fit onto the roller. Does anyone with shoulder length hair do this? If not, how do you put up your hair. I'm trying to have less manipulation as possible.

KiniKakes

Ladylynn said:
I'm trying to break away from wrapping because it leaves my hair with out body, and rollers because they are a pain to sleep on and may cause more harm than good. I was thinking about pulling my hair up on the top of my head and putting one roller up there. I'm not sure if it will work. The bottom pieces may be too short to fit onto the roller. Does anyone with shoulder length hair do this? If not, how do you put up your hair. I'm trying to have less manipulation as possible.

I just put it in a loose bun and then tie a silk scarf around it. I cant really say that Im "happy" with how it looks in the morning, but I do minimize breakage and thinning on one side (from wrapping) side this way. In the morning, my hair still has body... but it flips out the wrong way, so it doesnt have the nice, bumped under look that I like. Ive tried pincurling, but those curls usually dont stay in place.

It seems that the longer my hair gets, the harder it is to find an effective way to sleep with it at night.

jwhitley6

This is what I do:

- four pin curls (secured with duck bill clips)
- a bun high on my head.
- half wrap secured by duck bill clips (criss-cross your hair in the back...for example, the right side of you hair wraps around and pin on the left side of your head and vice versa)

hth

Ladylynn

jwhitley6 said:
This is what I do:

- a bun high on my head.
- half wrap secured by duck bill clips (criss-cross your hair in the back...for example, the right side of you hair wraps around and pin on the left side of your head and vice versa)

hth

Whitley, how did you were your hair the night before in your avatar

ayoung

jwhitley6 said:
This is what I do:

- a bun high on my head.

hth

Yep, I like this method. It is easy to do, to sleep in, and my hair still has a little body the next day and I don't have to curl/flat iron it.

jwhitley6

Ladylynn said:
Whitley, how did you were your hair the night before in your avatar

That was the 4 pin curls... It gives nice body to the hair that lasts all day. My avatar picture was taken before bed after a long day.

devin

i put my hair in a loose bun, secure with an ouchless ponytail holder and tie up with a silk scarf.