• I've done it - It'll grow back

Votes: 58 36.5%
  • Depends on my Mood - What's going on in Life

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • I only Dust, S&D - No major Cutting here

Votes: 21 13.2%

• Total voters

WyrdWay

I have urges to bleach my hair back to blond and then dye it green again, but I NEVER consider cutting it really short, I could get a wig or a weave instead

tocktick

I used to when my hair was in the overgrown TWA/medium length wasteland. Bit too dramatic? :look:. Seriously, when my hair was between SL and APL, I found I preferred my hair much better as a TWA sometimes and had the urge to just cut it short. Thankfully, I never did and just stuck it out. My last major cut (i.e - taking about 2-2.5" off) was May 2009 and I've only done S&D rather infrequently since then.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I did Feb 2009. I loved it! texturized it, did the mohawk thing, I had a ball with it. Sometimes I feel like cutting it short again, not because I'm fustrated with my hair, but because I felt so superfly with it :cool2:

It does grow back obviously, but it'll take a minute so be really sure that's what you want.

Boujoichic

I did it every year or so for a while starting In high school. Last time I got a short fauxhawk and this was a few years prior to Rhianna making it the new IT thing to do I had already rocked that style and had long moved on when everybody and there momma was getting it. I Havent gotten the urge to break out the clippers recently and I know my Mom is relieved she warned every time I was gonna cut the "life" out my hair and it wouldnt grow back. I also get the urge to start fresh I guess lol

Last edited:

Ms Lala

Nope, I have a big head. Real short hair is not a good look on me. The shortest I would cut again is probably apl.

NaturalPath

I never BC'd to a TWA, just around bob length. The longer my hair grows the more I get frustrated with styling it (not to mention shrinkage hides my real length so I'm never able to enjoy it). Everytime i see someone with a fade, I get jealous bc I am pretty sure the maintenance level is really simple.

However I am trying to grow my hair as long as possible but I do wonder what it would be like to have a fade; but I have a big head lol

bride91501

:look: sometimes...i kinda miss the twa stage

Ya know, I hear this alot from fellow LHCF sisters. And just to represent for the current and recently exiting TWA-ers..... I don't see how this is possible. It has to be a delusion of some kind! You know how you see women who look GREAT and who have like 5 grown kids and they claim that they miss when their children were newborns? :spinning: Kinda like that:lachen:

paterrol

I recently cut my hair into a fade. It was about 2 and a half months ago. It was cbl. It took a bit of getting used to it but now it feels freeing and a cinch to wash and take care. Plus its growing in nice and thick:yep:

Kindheart

Nope would never shave it ,but it did cross my mind ,I d like to try a spiky short do I think its so sexy and sophisticated.

thehairmaverick

Ya know, I hear this alot from fellow LHCF sisters. And just to represent for the current and recently exiting TWA-ers..... I don't see how this is possible. It has to be a delusion of some kind! You know how you see women who look GREAT and who have like 5 grown kids and they claim that they miss when their children were newborns? :spinning: Kinda like that:lachen:

Well, its not easy dealing with medium length hair. I'm sure you can be a bit "hair lazy" with buns for longer hair...but I don't have enough length for that:ohwell:. Its it a lot different from just washing and going ( now, my hair tangles too much to do WNGs). I miss doing almost nothing with my twa:grin:

LOL can't respond to the kids thing, I don't have any. But I know one thing, my little nephew was much easier to look after when he was smaller. Now a toodler, he gets into everything! Of course it may be easier when he gets older, but in that "middle" stage is what's causing so much chaos:lachen:

It its the "middle/medium" that gives so much trouble!

Sianna

It wouldn't be that great a leap for me! :rolleyes:

I actually was just thinking about this today! I believe I may have suffered a minor setback do to SSK's and I was seriously thinking about chopping some of my hair off. I think the desire (for me at least) comes from the fear of disappointment that my hair won't grow the way I'd like for it to. Its like, "Well if I cut it now, then I won't have to be disappointed when it doesn't reach SL by the end of the year." :rolleyes:

I ended up settling for just cutting a tiny little bit off in the front... for now. :look:

brucebettye

Well, its not easy dealing with medium length hair. I'm sure you can be a bit "hair lazy" with buns for longer hair...but I don't have enough length for that:ohwell:. Its it a lot different from just washing and going ( now, my hair tangles too much to do WNGs). I miss doing almost nothing with my twa:grin:

LOL can't respond to the kids thing, I don't have any. But I know one thing, my little nephew was much easier to look after when he was smaller. Now a toodler, he gets into everything! Of course it may be easier when he gets older, but in that "middle" stage is what's causing so much chaos:lachen:

That is the problem I am having with my hair. Once I hit full apl I will be much happier with my hair.

LovinLocks

I've done it - It'll grow back
34 30.09%
I'm growing out a shadow fade right now. Just had it done end of May. :yep:

bride91501

Point taken. I guess the grass is always greener :rolleyes: I only have about 4.5-5" stretched so anything seems long and "better" than this stage lol.

And oh, I do have kids. 3 to be exact. And I don't care what anyone says....I'll take a 25 year old self-sufficent child over one that wakes me up every 2 hours anyday lol :grin:

kamille8

Sometimes I not only feel like chopping it off but going completely bald it all can be too much at times. With the creams and shampoos and pills etc etc it can be a lot. But I got the choice and if I wanna grow long hair I gotta bite the bullet and just do it! I gots to suck it up!

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
Yeah I said it :yep:

I get moments like this when I just want to cut all my hair off and just start over. I'm not mad at my hair or anything like that. I just look at it sometimes, and say...hmmm maybe now is the time!

Anyone else ever feel like that? Probably not considering this is a Long Hair Care forum :lachen:

Yup. I've done that 3 times in the last decade.

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
Yeah I said it :yep:

I get moments like this when I just want to cut all my hair off and just start over. I'm not mad at my hair or anything like that. I just look at it sometimes, and say...hmmm maybe now is the time!

Anyone else ever feel like that? Probably not considering this is a Long Hair Care forum :lachen:

I didn't appreciate my TWA stage at all. I wanted long hair NOW! I thought I was less attractive, hated my texture. Now that I have some length, in love with my kinks I keep drooling over the tapered TWA photos popping up everywhere.

I think somewhere down the line after I reach my goal length, I'll be ready to BC again and love it.

naija24

I felt that way many times. When my hair is too damaged or something I just rock a fade and let it grow back healthier than before. But at 25 and in a relationship I don't see myself doing that again ever