Does drinking water really help your hair grow?

Blue_Berry

Has drinking water regular helped you receive better growth or have you receive the same amount of growth drinking juices, soda, nutrition drink, or ect?

Did it really make a difference in your hair drinking water? Why did it?

Cichelle

I drink about 2 liters of water a day and have been doing so for years, so I don't have much to compare. However, I don't think my hair grows faster than average. I never thought of drinking water for hair growth. Water hydrates. It happens to keep my skin clear, too.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
It did for me. Changing my diet also helped, I eat less meat and have incorporated more fruits and veggies into my diet.

Chrissy811

Staying properly hydrated is good for your overall health so it also benefits your hair and skin.

NicWhite

It you want to see how good water will be for your hair. Try drinking more water for a month and see how well your skin will improve. If your skin is improving just believe that you hair is improving at a slower pace.

Drinking water for your hair takes a long time to see the results because hair grows typically about 1/2 a month. But you can see instant gratification (so to speak) in your skin.

Hair, skin, and nails pretty much require the same nutrients and hydration to be their best.

To answer your original question, yes water does work. Better hydration causes improved circulation of nutrients in the blood to reach the scalp to make strong hair.

JJamiah

I haven't noticed I went from drinking shamefully no water. I know I know I know :spank: me

to drinking 9 plus cups a day, I GET SO thirsty when exercising. I could drink an ocean. I go for the water so quickly it is rediculous. I love it though.

But I have noticed no extra at all, But it is Healthy so do it do it do it.

D.Lisha

I drink 64oz of water a day and it has done WONDERS for my skin. But as far as my hair? I haven't received any accelerated growth. However, I always keep a deep underlying thought that the water is benefiting my hair SOME kind of way.......lol.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I think drinking water (and eating healthier) helps over all. It doesn't have to be accelerated growth so much as better moisture retention and shaft flexibility.

My Friend

I think drinking water aids in flushing toxins from your body. Keeps your body hydrated. Helps your body digest vitamins and minerals. So, if water is doing this, your body isn't trying to compensate for something you should be doing.

Now, tap, bottled, or filtered is a hole notha thread :lachen:

Last edited:

EllePixie

Water is better than drinking juice and/or soda because you are getting pure hydration without the extra calories and sugar. If you drank 64oz of juice a day, that's like over 800 calories in liquid alone...

It doesn't make your hair grow, but being hydrated from the inside is going to help your hair stay moisturized and increase elasticity. When I am dehydrated, I can feel it in my skin/hair. My skin will feel tight and look ashen and my hair will feel dry.

**Goes to drink some water**

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
It isn't about just water. It's about the total diet and exercise the individual does. Water helps with over all health.

Bublin

I am and always have been very naughty when it comes to drinking water.

I can easily go a whole day without drinking anything. However, i have never had a problem with growth. I do/did have a problem with breakage but that was all down to how i was handling my hair.