Dominican salon blowdryer

TheEuphioQ

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of trying to find a hot enough hand held hairdryer that i can use for my own blowouts. I noticed when i go to the dominican salons the hairdryer they use is like laser orange or hot pink colored, what type of dryer is that?.

Any suggestions on a hot and affordable hand held?
I would like to purchase one today since i played "slickie" from work.

mixedchick01

A dominican blowdryer in the hands of amateur may be dangerous to your hair. those things are like blow torches! be careful!

Minty

Yes. Twin Turbo is the general standard. They run $100-150 depending on the model and where you get it from. Do not get the smaller new version.

It is not true that you will burn your hair off. You are more likely to burn off your hair with a flatiron than a blower as a blower is not capable of reaching over a 300 temperature range. Of course if you set the dryer on the hair/scalp for an extended period of time, that's gonna hurt.

Get the blower if you want one, but it will not be the same as having someone else blowing your hair, especially if it is not easily straightened or smoothed. Even my relaxed hair takes some rolling of the brush to get it smooth and the roots silky straight. So keep that in mind. But it can be done.

Minty

^^^I'm going to wait for the next hair show to get another Turbo, but that one I am eyeing. I have a couple and a Chi Turbo - and that sucker is too hot for human consumption. I have to click the cool shot often. SMH.

So I do not suggest anyone purchase that one.

n_vizion

I bought the Turbo 1500 but I'm not sure it's any more effective than my Super Solano dryer. I think I may upgrade in the future.

SmilingElephant

I'm gonna treat myself to a Twin Turbo prolly next year....my current Revlon 1850 or whatever...is hanging in there....somehow the nozzle broke and now its being held on to the blow dryer with duct tape:(....:laugh: