Peanut Oil Good for Hair

Isis

I ran across the info below on the Internet. Has anyone tried using peanut oil on your hair? If so, what were your results?

http://www.inthesalon.com/expert/faq_moisturizers.php

[ QUOTE ]
There are many oils that are good for the hair (olive, jojoba, coconut, aloe vera, safflower, etc.); however, the best of all is peanut oil.

Peanut oil is proven to have affinity with keratin (the main protein found in the hair shaft).

The best oil that I know of, is called Essential Oil made by Keracare. Essential Oil has a very rich blend of all of the most precious oils that are good for hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mija

Exotical OG
Yep. I love it over conditioners as a hot oil conditioning treatment w/heat. My hair comes out really nice. soft and shiny.

Isis

How are you using the Kera Care ol, A Christian? As a hot oil treatment (as Mija has done with the peanut oil), after your leave-in or daily?

L.Mo.

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
I ran across the info below on the Internet. Has anyone tried using peanut oil on your hair? If so, what were your results?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a timely question!! I just found a bottle of peanut oil in my cupboard. I will try using it as a pre-shampoo treatment tonight or tomorrow!!

L.Mo.

[ QUOTE ]
A_Christian said:
I haven't tried peanut oil by itself yet, but I do use the Kera Care oil which gives wonderful results. :)

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the composition of this oil?

A_Christian

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
How are you using the Kera Care ol, A Christian? As a hot oil treatment (as Mija has done with the peanut oil), after your leave-in or daily?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only used it to moisturize my ends and add shine to the rest of my hair. I might try it for a hot oil treatment soon

A_Christian

It has: Sunflower seed oil, peanut oil, castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, sesame oil, aloe vera oil, almond oil, olive oil, perfume, propylparaben, and bha.

I love it, it works very well on my hair to add moisture and shine. And since peanut oil is the second ingredient on the list, it probably has a lot of it in there. I think you all would like it if you haven't tried it yet

Isis

Thanks A Christian. I may get me some!

Please let us know L.Mo. how the peanut oil works for you.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
A_Christian said:
I haven't tried peanut oil by itself yet, but I do use the Kera Care oil which gives wonderful results. :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you buy your Kera Care oil A Christian? Or anyone? I'm trying to find it in salons (including Trade Secret) rather than buying onlne, unless I have to. so far everyone's telling me they haven't heard of this brand.

Donda

I know most if not all "food oils" are good for your hair. Although I haven't tried peanut oil, I have tried Soy Bean Oil (vegetable cooking oil LOL) when I couldn't buy my Organics Carrot Oil, and it has worked very well. Imagine your results with peanut oil would be good as well

TsAngel

Just did a pre shampoo treatment w/Peanut Oil, a few peppermint drops and a few rosemary drops.

Hair is now dry from "The Works" and rollerset. My hair turned out super, super shiny.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
TsAngel said:
Just did a pre shampoo treatment w/Peanut Oil, a few peppermint drops and a few rosemary drops.

Hair is now dry from "The Works" and rollerset. My hair turned out super, super shiny.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow TsAngel! That's great news! Maybe I should just buy some peanut oil and add my own essential oils like you did.
Thanks for sharing your success!

Isis

Thank you Donda. Although many oils are good for the hair, some oils have special qualities, like extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, flaxseed oil, many of the essential oils (100% pure), castor oil, jojoba and peanut oil. These special qualities enable the oil to penetrate the cuticle and really strengthen the hair or even alter the structure in a beneficial way. Many other oils only sit on top of the hair and may give it shine. I'm still learning about these oils for the hair though. Thank you for sharing about the soy bean oil. I've used it before successfully.

A_Christian

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
A_Christian said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you buy your Kera Care oil A Christian? Or anyone? I'm trying to find it in salons (including Trade Secret) rather than buying onlne, unless I have to. so far everyone's telling me they haven't heard of this brand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get it from a Dillard's Department Store Salon and JC Penney Salons also sell it. I think some Walmart Salons sell Kera Care as well.

Isis

I searched many Walmart Salons - they were like,
we never heard of that. I'll try JC Penny's tomorrow. Thank you very much A Christian!

A_Christian

You're welcome.
If you can't find it in stores, avlon.com sells all Kera Care as well as Affirm Products. Hope you find it soon, it's really worth the money! :)

Isis

The JC Penny's didn't have it either. I ordered it from the website you suggested and it will be here this week! Thanks again A Christian!

Isis

Yay!
My order came for the KeraCare Essential oils came today and you know what? They sent me two bottles by mistake! I ordered only one. The woman at Avlon.com was so very nice and she realized their mistake at once. She said I would only be charged for one bottle and I can keep the other one for free! Yay! I already tried it and it surprises me at how light it is! The fragance is very light and mild too, which I like.

tri3nity

Bump! Anybody try peanut oil with good results or even sesame oil? Saw some organic unrefined at Krogers by spectrum.