roux porosity control

Can someone explain to me how to use this product. The lady at sallys said that you use it right before color, perm, relaxer but I thought you couldn't wet your hair right before a relaxer. Could some of you ladies that have used the product care to comment?

MzLady78

I just bought this and haven't used it yet but my understanding is that you can use the weeks before and after your relaxer to minimize damage from the chemicals. You can also use it in between to combat breakage (I'm having a major breakage problem right now, and was told to try this).

There's more info in my "what to do about my breaking hair" thread. Some ladies were nice enough to really break it down for me.

IMFOCSD

Hi :wave:

I recently purchased PC and I used on the day of my relaxer after I DC'd my hair. I also decided on my last wash that I would start using it weekly or bi weekly, PC is a def keeper. :yep:

Empress Yahudah

God'schild said:
Can someone explain to me how to use this product. The lady at sallys said that you use it right before color, perm, relaxer but I thought you couldn't wet your hair right before a relaxer. Could some of you ladies that have used the product care to comment?

Hey there...I use PC every week after I shampoo it help my conditioners take better when i do it before them....as far as relaxers u shouldnt get ur hair wet before hand..i would use it after the relaxer like after u neutralize ..then use PC to return ur pH levels..HTH

SouthernTease

I co-wash everyday
usualy with NTM Daily Deep Conditioner
or MNT...
MNT has protein in it...
you need to use porosity
control to balance the PH
of your hair... I THINK
I've read it on other posts
I use it when I feel like
my hair dries faster
after I use it my hair stays
moisturized longer
I use clarifying shampoo once a week
then I use Porosity the next week.

Bellavita6

OP- i've used PC prior to my relaxer. i apply it to the length of the hair approx 20min prior to relaxer application. i haven't had any problems.

nomadpixi

During touch up, I section my hair and coat the parts that aren't being relaxed with porosity control to prevent further overprocessing of ends. Works well actually. Doing a touchup and henna this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

bee

I've used PC as a pre-poo and the other ways like after relaxer and DCing. For pre-poo, I slather it on dry hair, sit under heat cap (I put castor oil around my hairline and throughout the length of my hair), and wash. This way, I can wash it, detangle with conditioner in the shower and I have little to no breakage/shedding. I don't do this all the time maybe, once or twice a month.

znapps

I added a quarter size amount of it to my ORS regular lye relaxer and then relaxed my hair. The relaxer had no smell b4 I added it and I thought it might be stale but when I mixed the PC in it seemed to release the lye smell. I loved the results, btw.

I have heard of stylists wetting hair prior to a relaxer so that they can see the new growth better but I wasn't going to chance it because I knew I would be tempted to start massaging my itching scalp!

I currently rotate an Aveda shampoo and CON shampoo and plan to add PC to the mix. Not sure how just yet.

Determined22

I've used it with my last 3 shampoos, and I can tell the difference its made in my hair. Tonight I did a rollerset and it only took me an hour to dry! It used to take at least 2 hours before. Also, my hair seems to be more uniform and under control.

Its definitely a keeper for me.

Rainy

I have been using PC for the last few weeks. It has turned by limp hair into hair with body. I shampoo and condition normally. Before I rinse out the conditioner (deep conditioner), I add PC for at least 30 seconds to restore the pH balance of my hair. My hair rinses smoothly and l have less tangles. My hair dries quickly even with product in my hair. I have been letting it air dry and then pulling back into a bun the next day.

I was going to do a search but I wonder if PC provides the same benefit as a Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. It seems that my hair was much stronger doing the days that I did that rinse. I hated it because the ACV was so cold in the shower and I didn't like the smell.

Anyway, this product has turned my mushy weak hair into something that looks much better.

Lady Esquire

I read another thread where Lonei3 replied to someone and she mentioned this prod. I never understood how to use it. My rollersets have been lacking something. They come out beautifully, as I do not use a ton of prod: simply leave-in and water (sometimes a dime size of anti-frizz serum). But it lacks bounce as the weeks go by. Maybe I have pourous hair.

Do you guys use this regularly or only when you think you may need it?