Are you all RELAXING your EDGES?

itismehmmkay

Recently I said I was going to stop, but I like a nicely laid down edge. Anyone (especially 4a/4b) not relaxing those edges??

RockCreak

I don't relax my edges on a regular...maybe once out of every 5 or so touch ups. I don't relax my crown that often either, because it's thin.

I'm working on it.:yep:

Blessed_Angel

Wow, I've never heard of anyone not relaxing their edges. Now, I have something to consider.

I love my fresh edges too. :spinning:

TaurusAngel

lol, wow. I never thought of that. I don't think i could go without doing it though. My edges are so thick,lol.

*fabulosity*

Hmm... I think I'm transitioning... but if I fall off and decide where to get another relaxer... :D this is a good idea... mine are thin..

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
My edges and nape laugh at relaxer. :lachen:

I never thought about not relaxing them, but I'll try skipping at the next touch up to see whether it makes a difference. I doubt it will.

ScarletPhoenix

I do my hair first and then my edges last because they are thin. So my nape and edges only have relaxer on them for a few minutes at the most. My hair doesn't lay completely flat right now but I am about 4 weeks post. However using my hairveda almond glaze and whipped gelly really keep my flyaways and edges down for the most part.

Eisani

Recently I said I was going to stop, but I like a nicely laid down edge. Anyone (especially 4a/4b) not relaxing those edges??

Are you asking if naturals or transitioners relax their edges and leave the rest alone? I'm transitioning and haven't texlaxed since last November but I've been SO tempted to relax these edges and nape. It's been "WAR! Huh! Good gawd yall" around those parts of my head :ohwell:.

locabouthair

My edges and nape laugh at relaxer. :lachen:

I never thought about not relaxing them, but I'll try skipping at the next touch up to see whether it makes a difference. I doubt it will.

I know I'm late but I just realized you relaxed. I saw your avi before thinking her flat iron/pressed hair looks really nice. Then I just looked in your siggy. Your hair looks beautiful!

To answer the question, I always relax them, I have thick 4z hair.

Finewine

I'm a 4a and I do relax my edges, but I wait until about 3 mins before I'm about to rinse my relaxer out. i don't like the relaxer to stay on their too long. sometimes I do not relax my "kitchen" because it doesn't grow as fast and it already has some overlapping. I'm going to restrain from relaxing that area for a couple of relaxers, at least.

Tarae

I don't think I could get away with not relaxing my edges. They have their own agenda.

I just relax them last and it's not on long at all. They usually aren't relaxed enough for my liking but my edges are so 'fragile' I don't want to risk it.

Gigi-07

I wish I could get away with not relaxing my hairline. My nape never suffers, but that hairline...it is receding as I type. It's just that I have bdb's and it hurts to comb them. lol. The front won't blend with my straight hair, and gel and Kid's Organic's can only fix that to a certain extent.
I only relax every 6 mos. anyway, so.

BostonMaria

Are you asking if naturals or transitioners relax their edges and leave the rest alone? I'm transitioning and haven't texlaxed since last November but I've been SO tempted to relax these edges and nape. It's been "WAR! Huh! Good gawd yall" around those parts of my head :ohwell:.

Yeah I'm confused too. Are you asking the people with natural hair or the ladies that relax their hair?

I don't use relaxers so I don't need to relax the edges. I do use gel to smooth them down though.

bgsix

Yes, I do relax them. I think I will do as some of the other ladies and leave them for last.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I thought you were talking to nappies too. I guess not LOL!!!

I didn't think that anyone skipped the edges.

Solitude

I always relax me edges (or rather my stylist does!). That is one of the main benefits of getting a relaxer. But, of course, I never wear braids/ extensions, etc. so my I've never had a problem with my edges breaking/ thinning. That's interesting, though....

P

Paradox

Sometimes i wish i could only relax my edges...is that possible?