Marcel Wax

inthepink

Does anyone have any experience in using Marcel Wax?

I purchased a huge jar of Pro-Styl Marcel Wax from Sally's today. On the back of the jar, it says: "Use around edges of the hair to keep hair from reverting back because of moisture."

The ingredients are: Petrolatum, Microcrystalline Wax, Mineral Oil, External D&C, Scarlet Red, Fragrance.

I am hoping this product will keep my edges from frizzing when I have my hair flatironed. I know the ingredients contain some of the bad stuff but I will only be using it occasionally. Plus, considering that it does *not* contain water, I think there's a good chance it won't revert my hair like using gel does.

I will be back to post my review but would like to hear if anyone else has tried this product.

kitchen_tician

I use it for hot curling my hair sometimes. It works well for holding curls. I've never used it for "edges" nor on my scalp.

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
use a little dab and rub it in your palms. then rub your palms over your edges so that they have the wax on them. then part your edges and whip out the flat iron!

syoulee1

I use Elasta QP Curl Wax (it has similar ingredients) to help slick my edges back and it works wonderfully.