COLLAGEN AND HAIR GROWTH!

brandy

I read that pure collagen supplements are hair growth enhancers, relieve joint pain and most of all rejuvenate the skin. Has anybody tried them? What did you experience?

Tene

I haven't tried them or heard of them being good for hair growth. Thanks for the info, I'm going to check that out.

lovelymissyoli

I've heard that it helps contribute to growth. I know I have 2 hair care products that contain it: Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-in Conditioner Treatment & Fantasia IC Hair & Scalp Leave-in Treatment (if I'm not mistaken).

BAILEYSCREAM

[ QUOTE ]
brandy said:
I read that pure collagen supplements are hair growth enhancers, relieve joint pain and most of all rejuvenate the skin. Has anybody tried them? What did you experience?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Brandy,

I'm currently taking Hydrolysed Collagen supplements. They are for the skin, hair and nails.
Collagen is a protein which provides the major building materials for growth, repair, and maintenance of skin (collagen is a good supplement to take if you have stretch marks), ligaments, bones, nails and hair. Collagen is 100% pure protein in a hydrolysed, soluble amino acid form allowing the body to effectively use it.

The instructions on my bottle says take 3 tablets twice daily on an empty stomach.

As you may or may not know, proteins and amino acids are best utilised by the body when in an acidic environment. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So in answer to your initial question, what you read about collagen is absolutely correct. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Visit this link for more info http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/molecules/pdb4_1.html

Collagen
Collagen is a natural biomaterial that has unique properties and has been used for health care since the ancient Egyptian civilization.. It is the most abundant protein found in the body. There are 13 different types of collagen. Types 1, 3 and 5 are specific for skin.
Chains of amino acids make up collagen. These chains form collagen molecules which in turn, from fibrils. These fibrils produce fibers. Bundled fibers lead to body tissue formation.
Distribution and orientation of collagen reflects the function of the tissue in which it is found. For example, it is collagen that transmits tension in tendon, lends structural support in skin and bone and limits expansion in arteries.
Collagen plays an integral part during each phase of wound healing and is an excellent hemostatic agent. It absorbs 40 - 60 times its weight in fluid.
The most abundant and well characterized collagen is type 1 extracted from bovine (cow) hide. Other sources include porcine (pig), chicken tendon, bovine tendon, etc.
When applied to a wound, collagen initially acts as a hemostatic agent. Continued application seems to aid and hasten the body's own repair mechanisms.
Source: http://medicaledu.com/collagen.htm

brandy

[ QUOTE ]
BAILEYSCREAM said:[ QUOTE ]
brandy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Brandy,

I'm currently taking Hydrolysed Collagen supplements. They are for the skin, hair and nails.
Collagen is a protein which provides the major building materials for growth, repair, and maintenance of skin (collagen is a good supplement to take if you have stretch marks), ligaments, bones, nails and hair. Collagen is 100% pure protein in a hydrolysed, soluble amino acid form allowing the body to effectively use it.

The instructions on my bottle says take 3 tablets twice daily on an empty stomach.

As you may or may not know, proteins and amino acids are best utilised by the body when in an acidic environment. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So in answer to your initial question, what you read about collagen is absolutely correct. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Visit this link for more info http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/molecules/pdb4_1.html

Collagen
Collagen is a natural biomaterial that has unique properties and has been used for health care since the ancient Egyptian civilization.. It is the most abundant protein found in the body. There are 13 different types of collagen. Types 1, 3 and 5 are specific for skin.
Chains of amino acids make up collagen. These chains form collagen molecules which in turn, from fibrils. These fibrils produce fibers. Bundled fibers lead to body tissue formation.
Distribution and orientation of collagen reflects the function of the tissue in which it is found. For example, it is collagen that transmits tension in tendon, lends structural support in skin and bone and limits expansion in arteries.
Collagen plays an integral part during each phase of wound healing and is an excellent hemostatic agent. It absorbs 40 - 60 times its weight in fluid.
The most abundant and well characterized collagen is type 1 extracted from bovine (cow) hide. Other sources include porcine (pig), chicken tendon, bovine tendon, etc.
When applied to a wound, collagen initially acts as a hemostatic agent. Continued application seems to aid and hasten the body's own repair mechanisms.
Source: http://medicaledu.com/collagen.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wave.gif Baileyscream,
Wow! You are quite informed. Thank you for the information, I am going to start this supplement without delay.
/images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

BLESSED1

I use St. Ives collagen & elastin moisturizer under and around my eyes, it gets rid of the lines I get there when I don't get enough sleep. Haven't tried it for the hair though.

ChocoKitty

I just purchased some Mane & Tail Conditioner and noticed that it contains Collagen. In addition I did a CO with it last night and only lost about 3-4 hairs! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I wanna start taking Collagen internally too. Especially for my nails. They're a mess!!!

BAILEYSCREAM

[ QUOTE ]
brandy said:
Thanks ladies for your replies /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome Brandy
Happy hair growing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

carletta

I just went to vitamin world ( 50% off the whole store sale)and pick up some I'm gonna try this and see if this will help my growth.

BAILEYSCREAM

[ QUOTE ]
carletta said:
hey baileycream what kind of results have you gotton from this so far???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiya Carletta,

I started taking the hydrolysed collagen about a week and a half ago when I went vitamin shopping....I don't think this is enough time to see miraculous results but I will keep you posted /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am taking 3 tablets of the hydrolysed collagen in the morning on an empty stomach, half an hour before I eat anything and 3 tablets at night before bedtime (growth and repair) and my other vitamins with meals during the day. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HTH.