Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer Review

Tiffchelle22

Hi, Ladies!
So, I was supposed to be on a long stretch, but I caved and relaxed at 12 weeks. :ohwell: However, I used the new Mizani Butter Blend and it was AWESOME!! My hair is incredibly silky and it was very easy to use. This was my first time self-relaxing with a lye relaxer (I have always been a no-lye girl), and honestly I was afraid of what might happen. I felt absolutely no burning or tingling in my scalp (I did stop my BT 5 days before and was sure to clarify). It didn't get my hair bone straight, but no lye relaxer (when I have gone to the salon) has even been able to do that. I don't mind, I like the slight wave. This is definitely a keeper! I also colored with Bigen during the relaxer process, and I am loving this black hair. I highly recommend this. My hair is silky, soft and shiny. I don't think I will be trying anything else for a long time. And now that I got over my initial fear of self-relaxing with lye, it's on now!

Unfortunately, I cannot post pictures because I am on the HYH til Christmas challenge. But know this - that BT works wonders - I am on track to surpass my goals!

msjones

Hi, Ladies!
So, I was supposed to be on a long stretch, but I caved and relaxed at 12 weeks. :ohwell: However, I used the new Mizani Butter Blend and it was AWESOME!! My hair is incredibly silky and it was very easy to use. This was my first time self-relaxing with a lye relaxer (I have always been a no-lye girl), and honestly I was afraid of what might happen. I felt absolutely no burning or tingling in my scalp (I did stop my BT 5 days before and was sure to clarify). It didn't get my hair bone straight, but no lye relaxer (when I have gone to the salon) has even been able to do that. I don't mind, I like the slight wave. This is definitely a keeper! I also colored with Bigen during the relaxer process, and I am loving this black hair. I highly recommend this. My hair is silky, soft and shiny. I don't think I will be trying anything else for a long time. And now that I got over my initial fear of self-relaxing with lye, it's on now!

Unfortunately, I cannot post pictures because I am on the HYH til Christmas challenge. But know this - that BT works wonders - I am on track to surpass my goals!

I definitely just bought 4 applications of Mizani for sensitive scalp! Now I'm regretting this b/c the butter blend sounds heavenly. Oh well... I'm trying to use up everything a buy....but maybe my mom will want to use the Mizani I already bought....hmmmmm:look:

Jazzy413

Ive seen some really good reviews on this relaxer.... Im thinking I may try this instead of Phyto for now. Im at almost 17 weeks post and thos the stretching has been a success so far, I am in need of some versatility right now, plus Id like to see how much length Ive retained, if any. Thanks for the review!!!

locabouthair

I use mizani normal and I never burn with it. What strength did you use? Did you also use the stuff that comes with it to prevent relaxer overlap?

Tiffchelle22

I use mizani normal and I never burn with it. What strength did you use? Did you also use the stuff that comes with it to prevent relaxer overlap?

I used the normal as well. Yes, I used the honey shield protector that is supposed to prevent overlap. I also used the stuff they had in the bag to base my scalp.

HoneyDew

Inspirational!

I have never relaxed with No-Lye and I have a fear of doing it. I have had Lye applied by a professional, but never on my own.

This will be interesting and fun to try.

amina kamal

Thanks for the review! I really want my hair relaxed bone straight, so I might have to pass this one up. How long did you leave the relaxer in? DO you usually relax bone straight?

Tiffchelle22

Thanks for the review! I really want my hair relaxed bone straight, so I might have to pass this one up. How long did you leave the relaxer in? DO you usually relax bone straight?

It was only 20 minutes for application/smoothing time until I rinsed it out. I usually try to relax bone straight (usually I can accomplish this with no-lye, but my scalp suffers). However, it is quite straight - enough for my taste, at least.

bablou00

It will get your hair bone straight 20mins max (I think mine was on for 15 or so due my dumb butt itching days before). My sides and the back of my hair was straight w/ this relaxer its just my crown is very resistant to mild relaxers so it doesnt take well. which if perfect because it gives me a little body when I need it. If you after a wash everywhere else is straight.
We use mild on my hair because you burn less and you can take your time putting it in w/o overprocessing your hair. I will always stick w/ mizani as it gives me great results: straight, bouncy, shiny silky hair.
Thanks for your review this relaxer is the best I have ever used IMO. Counting down to next relax day in Nov. just to try it again. Cant wait to see pic.

lana

Can someone answer this for me? I use Mizani Mild Sensitive Scalp and I would like to switch to the Mizani butter blend relaxer, but the thing is I think it's REGULAR not MILD. I want to use a mild relaxer so where can I order the Mild Butter Blend relaxer from? I haven't seen it online or in stores.

*Frisky*

Can someone answer this for me? I use Mizani Mild Sensitive Scalp and I would like to switch to the Mizani butter blend relaxer, but the thing is I think it's REGULAR not MILD. I want to use a mild relaxer so where can I order the Mild Butter Blend relaxer from? I haven't seen it online or in stores.

I was thinking maybe they dont make mild in the butter blend...they might feel as though it is already gentle enough due to the ingredients.

Tiffchelle22

I don't know about there being a mild butter blend, however, I found it to be very gentle on my scalp and hair. I had absolutely no burning, and I left it on for 20 minutes.

kaylina

hey guys....possibly sillly question here :)

i've tried the mizani sensitive scalp relaxer once before with no problems, loved how my hair felt afterwards so i went ahead and ordered a 4-set kit. Used the honey-shield protective gel this time but my hair was comin out in bundles on the rinse (didn't go past 20 mins application time as usual). Hair was in good condition before the relax and the only difference with this one vs my last was that i used the honey-shield :perplexed Just tryin to figure if it's possible this made a difference in the damage...anyone had this experience?

I see good reviews on the line which is why i tried it...could i be the only one with bad luck with this ?:wallbash:

robot.

i wonder if you could buy individual applications of this? i'm searching for a new relaxer. that CON just ain't doing it for me; never has!

MiWay

I don't know about there being a mild butter blend, however, I found it to be very gentle on my scalp and hair. I had absolutely no burning, and I left it on for 20 minutes.

I didn't see a Mild one, so I got the one for Fine/Color Treated hair. It was very gentle.

morehairplease

so glad that amazon sells this line. I called a salon in the area that is suppose to have it and they didn't not know what I was talking about apparently.

TLC1020

I saw it BSS last week and was reading the label, I thought to buy it in mild but change my mind.

Healthb4Length

I'll be using it for the second time at my next touch up. I really love this relaxer and hope all will go nicely. I have not had any issues with dryness like with other relaxers. THis is good stuff.

sthrngrl32

I know this is outdated but I am new to the forum and kinda randomly posting. I guess I'm excited. I've never had luck with mizani relaxers. I live by the shampoos, conditioners and other products in the line. On each attempt, even when professionally applied, my hair came out in clumps and there it was shedding from the root for eight weeks after. Each time I had balding and my hair is just growing back in one place. Now I have not tried the Butter Blend Relaxer but I am afraid because of what it has done in the past. I guess the former Mizani product I used was just too strong for my hair.

hey guys....possibly sillly question here :)

i've tried the mizani sensitive scalp relaxer once before with no problems, loved how my hair felt afterwards so i went ahead and ordered a 4-set kit. Used the honey-shield protective gel this time but my hair was comin out in bundles on the rinse (didn't go past 20 mins application time as usual). Hair was in good condition before the relax and the only difference with this one vs my last was that i used the honey-shield :perplexed Just tryin to figure if it's possible this made a difference in the damage...anyone had this experience?

I see good reviews on the line which is why i tried it...could i be the only one with bad luck with this ?:wallbash:

Kacie

I relaxed with Butter Blends (no-lye) at about 22 weeks post and I loved it. This is the first relaxer that has effectively straightened my crown. My hair did come out straighter than I usually process it, but I liked it alot (no dryness).

ORS No-lye has been replaced :yep:.

foxyqueen08

you can use the regular relaxer by Mizani instead of the Butter Blends and your hair would get bone straight but with the added benefits :)

Ms. A.Sunshine

Has anyone relaxed with MBB without using the other products in the line??? I want to relax today but I only purchased the relaxer??? Please help.