Permanent Hair Color Remover-Color Oops Results *PICS*

Natural Glow

So in January I decide I was bored with the red color in my hair so I dyed it with Colorsilk Dark Brown. Well I got tired of the dark brown and wanted to lighten it back up so...I bought some Color Oops.

This is how it came out

It did lighten it up some but not too drastic. I'm glad it didn't turn out orange or some crazy color. I have another box so I might do it again to see if it gets any lighter.

The only bad thing I can say is this stuff STINKS
BAD. Like sulfur, for days that smell lingered. Otherwise I'm happy with the results.

Lynnerie

It worked nicely! Thanks for posting your results. I wonder how well this would work after using a Bigen black rinse...

KPH

House Head
It worked nicely! Thanks for posting your results. I wonder how well this would work after using a Bigen black rinse...

I'm wondering the same thing. QueenT has me wanting to lighten my hair for the summer.

wheezy807

Girl, i didn't know that was the name of the product, lol. I thought you had a "color oops" experience. It came out very pretty! I love your hair, it's sooo gorgeous!

lilikoi

Nevermind. I found them!

Ingredients:
Part 1: Deionized Water, Hydrosulfite, Fragrance, Polysorobate-80, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cocamidopropylhydroxysultaine. Part 2: Deionized Water, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropylhydroxysultaine, Xanthan Gum.

OP: Thanks for the review!

Last edited:

lilsparkle825

I have a demi-permanent red that I added to my hair in May and it still hasn't washed out. It's growing out like a permanent. I think I might have to use this to get it out. Thanks for bumping this.

lilikoi

I have a demi-permanent red that I added to my hair in May and it still hasn't washed out. It's growing out like a permanent. I think I might have to use this to get it out. Thanks for bumping this.

Be careful. I just read this response to a review of this product on amazon:

"It is important to understand hair color, hair coloring and products that remove hair color, both natural and artificial. Hair coloring removal products work on permanent color and are not as effective on semi-permanent hair coloring. Also, any time you put coloring on your hair, it changes the chemistry and pigments of your natural hair and you will never get it back to original unless you grow it out. I found this website to be rather informative. http://www.style-hair-magazine.com/hair-color-removal.html"

The full review appears here:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3RDSVIJJ3VBQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R3RDSVIJJ3VBQ

tapioca_pudding

Bumping.. has anyone else used this? I used a "dark golden brown" rinse but it left me with reddish tones, which I hate. It's been months and it hasnt' washed out, so I was thinking about using this.

pisceschica

colorfix works well too. You can get it at sallys

Amazon.com: one 'n only Colorfix: Health & Personal Care

Just don't use step three. Color fix removes color well especially if you have dark color AND sit under a dryer with warm heat. Your hair won't feel like straw or anything but it has a funny sulfur smell so you have to make sure you are in a well ventilated area and use a clarifying shampoo later to get rid of the smell.

Last edited: