What does vitamin E oil do for your hair?

Caramela

Yes, it's great for the scalp. I used to break the capsules on my scalp. It's a very light oil and helps to combat dryness.

Eisani

Google is your bestest friend:

The main vitamins that influences the health of hair are; vitamin A (produces healthy sebum in the scalp), vitamin C (antioxidant), vitamin E (improves scalp circulation), Biotin (produces Keratin), Inositol (keeps hair follicles healthy), Niacin (promotes scalp circulation) and pantothenic acid, Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 that prevent graying and hair loss. Of these, vitamin E is found to have a significant influence on the health of not just hair but also skin and fingernails.
Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant that aids effective circulation in the scalp due to increased oxygen uptake in blood. It aids in supplying oxygen to the blood and thus retards cellular aging.

bgsix

Google is your bestest friend:

The main vitamins that influences the health of hair are; vitamin A (produces healthy sebum in the scalp), vitamin C (antioxidant), vitamin E (improves scalp circulation), Biotin (produces Keratin), Inositol (keeps hair follicles healthy), Niacin (promotes scalp circulation) and pantothenic acid, Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 that prevent graying and hair loss. Of these, vitamin E is found to have a significant influence on the health of not just hair but also skin and fingernails.
Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant that aids effective circulation in the scalp due to increased oxygen uptake in blood. It aids in supplying oxygen to the blood and thus retards cellular aging.

That's great info! Multiple uses -hair/skin/nails. I have a full bottle at home. Just sitting there because I had read somewhere on here it was good, but could not remember why.

Eisani

That's great info! Multiple uses -hair/skin/nails. I have a full bottle at home. Just sitting there because I had read somewhere on here it was good, but could not remember why.
I love vitamin E on my skin! I remember after having chicken pox my mom made me put this stuff on my face twice a day. Within a couple weeks, the scars were gone. I add the oil or break open capsules and add them to my conditioner too :yep:.

CurlyMoo

Vit E is great for skin and hair. I used it on the ends of my hair and on my face and hands. LUVZ IT!

chebaby

i dont know exactly what it does but what i do know is that last night i deep conditioned with redken all soft heavy cream mixed with hairveda's avosoya oil and it has vit e in it and my hair was sooooooooooo soft, silky and shiny.

The Princess

I just picked some up from the BSS and it stated:

Vitamin E penetrated the scalp and hair shaft, will aid in the growth of stronger, longer and healthier hair. Moisturizez and adds body. Improves circulation.

I used it to seal my hair.

It smells so good. I love it.

It says Vitamin E Oil...But the ingredients reads, Vitamin E Oil, Castor Oil, Sunflower Oil.

Sounds good to me, so I bought it.

caramelmocha

I've been told it's good for growth as well.

Yes! Back high school This girl and I was fighting and I had braids in my hair, she pulled like three braids out in the same area which left me with a clean bald spot for about a month so My mom told me to put the Vitiman E oil on it and ii kid you not my hair grew in so fast. The oil is good I used it on my belly when I was preganant with my oldest daughter I didnt have not one strecth mark on me It works:yep: