The proper way to use flexi rods?

ShiShiPooPoo

I have tried and tried to use these long rods that I think are flexi rods. On the package it says "soft twist rollers". The problem is that I can't twist them correctly so that they are secure in my hair. They always fall out or are loose. I'd like to utilize them more since I am stretching my relaxer. Can someone instruct me on how to put them in so they are firmly in? TIA.

jadestar

Here's how I use them:

1. First, to ensure that your ends are secure, wrap the ends of your hair around the rod twice (i.e do not leave your ends exposed).
2. Then, continue spiraling the rod until the opposite end of the rod meets your scalp. If possible (if your hair is not extremely long), you should have a little rod left over at either end to bend.
3. Bend the top of the rod (part closest to your scalp) opposite of the way you've rolled. This should prevent it from unravelling. Then, bend the bottom of the rod.

You may have to play with them a little to make sure they're secure.

Sorry if these instructions are confusing...:look:

ShiShiPooPoo

So...you start spiraling in the middle of the rod so that you have two ends left over? Then you bend the two ends up to meet? I was starting at one end of the rod then trying to take the other end and bend it.

jadestar

NO. not really in the middle. Moreso at the end, but leave a little hanging. So maybe start 1/4 of the way up the rod. But it really depends on your length. If your hair is short enough that starting in the middle leave you some free rod on either end, then the middle is fine.

You don't necessarily have to bend the two ends up to meet, but you can. I think the problem you're having is from leaving the one end straight. Try bending both ends.

Innocent_Kiss

I was concerned with more so how to part the hair so your curls wont come out looking like a spiraled mess. Is there any certain I should part, or just start grabbing hair? lol

Soliel185

Sometimes I can't get it tight no matter what, so I'll use a bobby pin to keep it in position. This usually only happens on thet top and the very front where my hair is the longest.

Chanel's Tresses

Hi girls
I wanted to try a flexi rod set this weekend. Can anyone tell me what size/color I should get for medium spirals? My hair is sl in layers. I don't want Shirley Temple curls but I don't want the same size I could get with a roller set. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

alexstin

Purple or blue from Sally's(I don't know the size). I have pictures of these colors in my fotki.

Amour

alexstin said:
Purple or blue from Sally's(I don't know the size). I have pictures of these colors in my fotki.

thanks for the tutorial, that was very helpful I will buy some flexi rods very soon

Nona Rose

thanks jadestar for the instruction on how to use the flexi rods it made so much sense after reading it. I tried to do the flexirods yesterday before i read this thread i can't wait to try it again!!!